Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are folks coming from ICE cars getting used to one pedal driving? Admittedly when I test drove Teslas in the past I found it really jarring with the regen and hard to get used to.

This is why I went with a non Tesla EV before, but I am switching now for autopilot/FSD and better range. Curious how long it takes to get used to it.
I am not coming from an ICE for this car, but I did for my first EV less than a year ago and I can say this was the 'hardest' thing to 'get used to'.

Took a few days.

Now I never want to go back. I sometimes still have to drive my wife's ICE truck and I just laugh when I have to use the brakes all the time.

That must be a very, very new (like this year) policy, since previously it was roughly 3 days, and definitely not longer than a week. Previously if you needed longer than a week, they would unmatch you from the vehicle and assign it to someone else, and then put your account on hold until you came back, then match you with a (different) car then.

I would be extremely interested to hear from anyone who successfully gets tesla to wait that long on a vehicle pickup of the same vin because they are not available. Note that I dont mean them telling you they can do it, I mean someone actually getting them to do it. Unfortunately, Tesla is fairly notorious for sales reps promising stuff they sometimes cant deliver on... just like every other car dealer does.
yeah, might want to confirm with your SA since YMMV!

I feel like I am one of the only people that actually prefer having a remote on my visor for my garage, lol. Call me old school, but it's free and it works!
I may do this as it would seem more convenient than having to go into an app every time to operate the garage door. But for me i like the clean simple interior look without it so I'll probably take the clip off of it then double sided tape it to the back of the screen so it's easy access to operate and invisible to anyone else. I'll pick a spot where you wouldn't see it from the outside of the car looking through the windshield.

I may do this as it would seem more convenient than having to go into an app every time to operate the garage door. But for me i like the clean simple interior look without it so I'll probably take the clip off of it then double sided tape it to the back of the screen so it's easy access to operate and invisible to anyone else. I'll pick a spot where you wouldn't see it from the outside of the car looking through the windshield.
Oooh! Great idea!

There's no such thing as "the clean simple interior look" as I have a 3 year old... So I'd probably feel differently otherwise lol.

The ratgdo only adds features to MyQ. Everything that already works will continue to work (open/light buttons, door sensors, door openers, and the app). What ratgdo adds is the ability to control and monitor your doors with home assistant which MyQ decided to start charging monthly for.

I have seen more than a few people post about doing this exact thing. Homelink came with my 2018 model 3, and then when we got my wifes 2022, I bought it for that car so there would be feature parity between both. If I was starting right now, I would probably do what you have described above.

I personally do like homelink, but its not a game changer by any means.. its a garage door opener... and it doesnt have any idea of the actual state of the garage so one needs to be very careful in certain circumstances.

One of those "homelink certain circumstances" is passing by your home if you are not actually going there, but passing by it on the way to somewhere else (store running errands etc). I have to watch it, because sometimes even passing by my home will trigger homelink to open my garage door, and I am a person who likes to keep everything closed.

Ok Chicagoland area, I got through first try at the Schaumburg location. Guy was very cool! Said he see’s my vehicle(UR/B) “in transit”, confirmed it was IN Illinois and said he sees an estimated delivery date of Tuesday 6/4. My app shows 6/1-6/10. I know the consensus is these guys don’t know much, if anything, but hard to imagine him just pulling that info out of thin air. They also have a Blue on white in the showroom with no actual customer vehicles having been delivered yet. 🤞🤞

Edit: Maybe I should’ve asked if I could’ve scheduled delivery..? *facepalm*
Thanks for doing that Smoove! With SC prep crossing my fingers to pick up by next weekend.

On Homelink, any confirmation that '24 cars can take the module? Last I checked, Tesla Parts showed it compatible until '23. I called CS and (while they didn't sound 100% sure what I was talking about) they also said that the Homelink module wouldn't work on the M3P'24. I hope they're wrong, I prefer direct subghz RF to wifi in case MyQ API is wonky (I've had it for years and do not trust it)

• Love
Reactions: SmooveSailing
I feel like I am one of the only people that actually prefer having a remote on my visor for my garage, lol. Call me old school, but it's free and it works!

In the Bay Area many people park their cars on the driveway or street as well as leaving the door from the house to garage unlocked. Housing is too expensive to use valuable garage space for cars here. Given how frequently car windows are smashed here this would be like leaving your house keys outside your house for anyone to use.

Last edited: