Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You will want to coordinate with your SA, but doing the pre-delivery tasks ahead of time can definitely reduce delays.
I already made final payment and need to wait for delivery to be scheduled to purchase Tesla insurance. I tried reaching out to my SA and they responded with “the estimated delivery date is June 2 - June 11”. I guess I’ll just wait and hope for good news soon.

Are folks doing the order as cash and switching to financing once a VIN is assigned “trick” still? Was going to order this Friday, but was also curious if going with outside financing (say via credit union) could still count as a cash transaction.

Am super excited about no longer having performance FOMO, lol. I asked Tesla to value my 3 last month and they told me 16k (with 94k miles). Not sure if I want to sell her to my dad or do the trade in though.

Reactions: Sandee3 and sgtauto
I’m suprised we don’t know more about the process etc seems to just be a lot of assumptions. All we need is a couple employees that have worked there and actually know the process to end all of the speculation. Do we even know how many of these cars get built daily? Is it 50 or 300 I really have no idea. Do they make a bunch of the same color at a time etc I just have so many questions.

Reactions: xianking
Are folks doing the order as cash and switching to financing once a VIN is assigned “trick” still? Was going to order this Friday, but was also curious if going with outside financing (say via credit union) could still count as a cash transaction.

Am super excited about no longer having performance FOMO, lol. I asked Tesla to value my 3 last month and they told me 16k (with 94k miles). Not sure if I want to sell her to my dad or do the trade in though.
I did this and got my VIN yesterday, just switched it back last night to Lease

Reactions: diamond.g
Question for those of you who are and have leased with Tesla. Do they negotiate at all? I just submitted my lease application and got approved, but I was hoping the money factor would have dropped after they pulled my credit, basing it off my credit score and income. I messaged the SA in the app about it before accepting it. Odds they'll actually reply and odds they would consider lowering the money factor? Slim to none I'm guessing?

I’m suprised we don’t know more about the process etc seems to just be a lot of assumptions. All we need is a couple employees that have worked there and actually know the process to end all of the speculation. Do we even know how many of these cars get built daily? Is it 50 or 300 I really have no idea. Do they make a bunch of the same color at a time etc I just have so many questions.
They used to do cars in batches based on color and then interior color. I don’t see why that would have changed after all this time.

Question for those of you who are and have leased with Tesla. Do they negotiate at all? I just submitted my lease application and got approved, but I was hoping the money factor would have dropped after they pulled my credit, basing it off my credit score and income. I messaged the SA in the app about it before accepting it. Odds they'll actually reply and odds they would consider lowering the money factor? Slim to none I'm guessing?
There is zero negotiation just like their pricing.

Dont know if it going to speed anything up but thats how I am handling it. Cash option until i get VIN then I will get financing under wraps.

That blows. I guess $667/mo it is.
On the flip side there is no price gouging like you see with popular models at other brands. I love Tesla for the ease of the transaction and not doing the 4 square “let me check with my manager” BS. Besides where else can you get this level of performance at this price.

Here's what I've gathered,
- VIN = Car done, headed to rail.
- New EDD with current date: Car is at local train station. Still has to go to local delivery center via truck.
- Once delivered to your delivery service center ,they detail/inspect.
- They contact you for delivery.

After receiving my VIN today I was checking Tesla insurance and it's about $35 cheaper a month than my estimated quote from State Farm. The only thing is that I can't accept Tesla insurance until I have delivery date. Wonder if that delays the process? Any insight?

Anyone in PA/NY/NJ actually schedule their deliveries yet, or spoken to their SA about it? My EDD is starting tomorrow and had a Vin since 5/25. I am glad I didn't get a text from my SA because I am currently out on a business trip until Tuesday but would like to take delivery once I get back. Didn't see anyone with an assigned delivery date for these states on the tracker.

For those in Metro Austin, TX waiting for one of these - I spoke to the delivery center late yesterday. The advisor let me know that there is a whole truck of M3L/P on the way and should drop no later than 6/6 at Pond Springs. My delivery date just changed to '6/6-6/8' on the app this morning. So, if you are waiting for one of these theres a good chance your car is on there. I was told mine should be ready by next weekend at the earliest.

On the flip side there is no price gouging like you see with popular models at other brands. I love Tesla for the ease of the transaction and not doing the 4 square “let me check with my manager” BS. Besides where else can you get this level of performance at this price.
Agree. I’ve negotiated many car prices over the years and have always thought the whole process is ridiculous. I much prefer the Tesla approach.