Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in PA/NY/NJ actually schedule their deliveries yet, or spoken to their SA about it? My EDD is starting tomorrow and had a Vin since 5/25. I am glad I didn't get a text from my SA because I am currently out on a business trip until Tuesday but would like to take delivery once I get back. Didn't see anyone with an assigned delivery date for these states on the tracker.
All that data is in the tracker.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240602_095310_Sheets.jpg
    Screenshot_20240602_095310_Sheets.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 5
Here's what I've gathered,
- VIN = Car done, headed to rail.
- New EDD with current date: Car is at local train station. Still has to go to local delivery center via truck.
- Once delivered to your delivery service center ,they detail/inspect.
- They contact you for delivery.
I agree with this. But also, I had a one week delivery window and was able to proactively call the local delivery center and schedule an appointment in advance of them receiving/inspecting/detailing the car. They had an accurate date when they expected it to arrive and scheduled pickup for a few days after. Worth a shot!

Anyone in PA/NY/NJ actually schedule their deliveries yet, or spoken to their SA about it? My EDD is starting tomorrow and had a Vin since 5/25. I am glad I didn't get a text from my SA because I am currently out on a business trip until Tuesday but would like to take delivery once I get back. Didn't see anyone with an assigned delivery date for these states on the tracker.
Same as you. I'm in NY and my EDD starts tomorrow. No text and no option to schedule delivery yet.

Reactions: Leoshi
Got my VIN today!! UR/Blk, order date 4/30. My EDD bumped up to 6/4 - 6/13. What's weird is I didn't get a txt or notification from the app. I've been busy all day so has only refreshed the app this morning and nada. I fired the app about 1.5 hours ago and saw i had a VIN. Just swapped it back to lease from cash. I'll fill out the lease app tomorrow.
I ordered 4/29 in FL black/black and i’m still around july 20-aug 31 😞

• Love
Reactions: Sandee3
I agree with this. But also, I had a one week delivery window and was able to proactively call the local delivery center and schedule an appointment in advance of them receiving/inspecting/detailing the car. They had an accurate date when they expected it to arrive and scheduled pickup for a few days after. Worth a shot!
Did you waive the inspection or anything? I'm going to try to get them to not pull any plastic off.

That blows. I guess $667/mo it is.
Right? Don't you miss the days you could walk in the dealership and spend 8 hours haggling and playing mind games with your favorite salesperson who constantly needs to go back and "talk" to their sales manager and then have you talk to the finance guy to hook you up with an ultra low APR. Man just talking about it is making me depressed, now I got to deal with Tesla's lame system of be in and out in 15 mins or even a no contact delivery. You're right, it blows!

Did you waive the inspection or anything? I'm going to try to get them to not pull any plastic off.
People used to do this with ordered BMWs. I personally wouldnt consider it with a Tesla, since even if they would do it that way, if you find damage underneath the wrap, they are not likely to cover it.

I dont think anyone should be waiving vehicle inspection on any Tesla. They are better than they used to be, for sure (and I am still happy with my 2018, even though the road / wind noise is quite a bit louder than I would like), but that just seems like its setting yourself up to be disappointed / have a fight on your hands, for almost no benefit since its not like the car is going to be pristine.