Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I'm going to post a brief synopsis because I wouldn't expect anyone to be following my saga and remember it all. My EDD window has simply advanced by one day every day for the past week at 10am. In FL with a VIN since 5/16. So last week I messaged through the app on 5/28 just asking politely for any updates and I received a message (via text and not in the app) saying "your vehicle schedule to arrive here 05/29 and you can schedule pickup 06/02". The typos were theirs, not mine.

Fast forward to 06/02 (today) and I've heard nothing other than the EDD advancing by 1 day each day. So I called my St. Pete SC which is my delivery location. Spoke to Phillip. Seemed nice enough and williing to help. He confirmed that my car is definitely NOT there! He said they don't have any more detailed info than the app. He suggested I reply to the text message (above) saying it should arrive "here" on 05/29. I don't even know who that came from or where "here" is because all my replies via the app are so cryptic and giving the least amount of info possible.

Anyway, he did say something that I didn't know. He said as soon as the vehicle arrives and it is inspected at the SC, the option to schedule delivery comes up automatically in the app.

Anyway, someone earlier mentioned an Orlando delivery where the car was supposed to arrive on either 6/4 or 6/6 so maybe my car is on that shipment? Pretty sad that Tesla doesn't give reasonable updates to EDD and once you hit your delivery window, they just creep it forward by 1 day each day instead of notifying you that there has been a delay, etc. With my luck, my car may also be one of the ones that got pummeled by hail. :rolleyes:

Or... my car IS actually at my SC and they just haven't had time to inspect it yet so they told me they don't have it to buy them more time. Seems odd that when I messaged via the app last time, I got a reply via text (SMS) saying it was due "here". Sounded like someone at my local SC responding. So I guess for now... my car is LOST.

OK, I'm going to post a brief synopsis because I wouldn't expect anyone to be following my saga and remember it all. My EDD window has simply advanced by one day every day for the past week at 10am. In FL with a VIN since 5/16. So last week I messaged through the app on 5/28 just asking politely for any updates and I received a message (via text and not in the app) saying "your vehicle schedule to arrive here 05/29 and you can schedule pickup 06/02". The typos were theirs, not mine.

Fast forward to 06/02 (today) and I've heard nothing other than the EDD advancing by 1 day each day. So I called my St. Pete SC which is my delivery location. Spoke to Phillip. Seemed nice enough and williing to help. He confirmed that my car is definitely NOT there! He said they don't have any more detailed info than the app. He suggested I reply to the text message (above) saying it should arrive "here" on 05/29. I don't even know who that came from or where "here" is because all my replies via the app are so cryptic and giving the least amount of info possible.

Anyway, he did say something that I didn't know. He said as soon as the vehicle arrives and it is inspected at the SC, the option to schedule delivery comes up automatically in the app.

Anyway, someone earlier mentioned an Orlando delivery where the car was supposed to arrive on either 6/4 or 6/6 so maybe my car is on that shipment? Pretty sad that Tesla doesn't give reasonable updates to EDD and once you hit your delivery window, they just creep it forward by 1 day each day instead of notifying you that there has been a delay, etc. With my luck, my car may also be one of the ones that got pummeled by hail. :rolleyes:

Or... my car IS actually at my SC and they just haven't had time to inspect it yet so they told me they don't have it to buy them more time. Seems odd that when I messaged via the app last time, I got a reply via text (SMS) saying it was due "here". Sounded like someone at my local SC responding. So I guess for now... my car is LOST.
If you're in my shipment my clermont center showed me the screen which said arrival at 10:11am on June 6th. This was a week ago but since then my Edd has went to even sooner From june 7-14th to june 4-13th. This being said I still think based on what he showed me it's very likely my car if on the same truck as you will arrive in clermont on the 6th at 10am.

What’s kinda crazy is I went there about a week ago to pick up my M3 from service and I spoke to someone (could be the same guy but I’m not sure) he told me that their original demo was actually assigned to someone instead of going to the showroom and should be here a week from now (which would be around this time).

I was waiting vary patiently (not) for a delivery date after receiving my VIN on 5/23. Someone else due to take a delivery at Mt. Kisco had managed to get a response from an SA and found out their car was due to arrive on 6/3. I finally managed to get a hold of someone in app, who told me the same thing, but that 'it hasn't been flagged as confident and may change'. I asked if they could book me in for Wednesday or Thursday on the understanding that it might not be ready, as I had a work trip coming up, and they said yes. So I have a delivery appointment at Mt. Kisco, NY on Thursday at 12. Can't wait!
I've been watching this thread at the same time as the Reddit thread and just made an account here to say that was me! I also sent a follow up chat message to see if they could schedule a delivery appointment as soon as available but no response just yet.

I'm turning in my lease and haven't been able to upload proof of insurance yet since it's replacing my current one and transferring my plates and not a new one on my policy. I luck out because I'm currently off work the whole week so any time works.

So does anyone have a theory to why the EDD keeps on changing daily and keeps on increasing an extra day by day? What’s the point of the EDD then.
This happened to me for about 5 days then the whole EDD got pushed by 3 weeks.

My theory is that each EDD is tied to a larger regional batch allocation which will have several random colors and configs. If they can’t match your order to a batch, they push you to the next batch. Your order date is probably the priority variable within possible matches. No telling how they decide the make up of each batch. Could be based on analyzing demand, or based on parts and supply availability.

I suspect if I had a more common config (like SG/white, white/white, red/white, or red/black), I would have gotten matched to an earlier batch for my area. As it stands with a black/black order, I am stuck waiting.

If you look at the other posts in this thread from @Raechris , its fairly obvious that they either have an EXTREMELY supportive SA (which is possible but unlikely for them to be giving that much info to one person), A friend who works for Tesla who has access to that information, or works for Tesla themselves.

People should not expect to be able to get all the information that @Raechris is posting, it would probably just be best to absorb whatever information they are posting and process it internally however you want to.
No internal connection, just relationship building with stable employees at my
Local SA over the years. Been a member of the Tesla family since mid 2017. My SA never minds looking in his system for updates and has been supportive of my passion for the products

I was going to PPF but then I heard bugs will damage it and it was just too expensive. $7000 is not something I want to spend. (this is a full matte car wrap)
I hear you and received a similar quote but clear PPF on entire front and door panels with whole car ceramic was quoted less than 4k. Bugs don’t damage PPF in my experience but recommendation is to wash every one to two weeks.

Reactions: M3PDenver
I hear you and received a similar quote but clear PPF on entire front and door panels with whole car ceramic was quoted less than 4k. Bugs don’t damage PPF in my experience but recommendation is to wash every one to two weeks.
Bugs will damage PPF, but no more than they will damage clear coat. Insect bodies are slightly acidic, so leaving them on your paint will damage your clear coat or your ceramic coating if you have one. The key is to keep your car out of the sun if you have insect splatter that you cannot wash right away (if possible) and to wash it as soon as possible to remove the splatter. For PPF, XPEL does sell a product you can use to remove insect splatter from the film that you can use every now and then.

Did Tesla remove the mounting holes for the aero inserts on the wheels? Someone on another forum said they have been removed from production versions, but I'm pretty sure I have seen them in some first impression videos. Clearly no holes on your wheels.

The short pieces cover the holes and are there in the picture. The long pieces, which they removed, have no holes. Check out the UP video discussed at the time (9:50)