Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How quickly do yall get texts back from the Tesla assistant person? This is my first time dealing with Tesla and I have sent a couple texts asking questions about a demo drive and the buying process and I usually don't get answers for a day or so.

Yours responds? I use the chat for my grocery and to do lists now.

blueberries, milk, croissants, eggs, goldfish, pay rent, sell dogecoin, waste time on tmc forums, add dragy to amazon cart

Sg/black ordered 4/23 at 9:30pm eastern time in mid western state. Few EDD ago it was 5/30-6/12. Last Monday switched to 7/15-8/19. This morning it went to 6/20-6/30. Sadly no VIN when I anxiously clicked vehicle info. Hoping this means maybe a shipment is being created coming this general direction, but will take with a grain of salt as I know it means nothing without a VIN. Need to be hopeful though.

Yep. I checked there and noticed that there's only been 2 deliveries east of the Mississippi and none on the east coast. Just wanted to ask here to catch anyone who'd gotten a delivery date and hadn't updated the sheet yet or potentially any folks that hadn't put their info in there.

My delivery window starts today but with only a couple delivery dates in VA on the 15th was trying to get a more realistic gauge of a possible delivery date up here in NY. These "dead" times are hard for me to deal with 😅 Will it be today ? Tomorrow ? Next week ? I feel bad for folks who need the car by a specific time. That's gotta be rough
In the same boat, Original delivery was supposed to be mid-May, now it's pushed again to June 8- June 15. Most direction I got from SA was to check the app, but the app is just wild and tells me nothing of use. I heard a guy from NY said that a train with a bunch of MP3s arrived in NJ on Friday and his car was supposed to show up in NY today so he has better comms than me. Maybe your car is with his.

1717425843982.png

Woohoo! I almost can't believe it. Doesn't seem real!

Yep. I checked there and noticed that there's only been 2 deliveries east of the Mississippi and none on the east coast. Just wanted to ask here to catch anyone who'd gotten a delivery date and hadn't updated the sheet yet or potentially any folks that hadn't put their info in there.

My delivery window starts today but with only a couple delivery dates in VA on the 15th was trying to get a more realistic gauge of a possible delivery date up here in NY. These "dead" times are hard for me to deal with 😅 Will it be today ? Tomorrow ? Next week ? I feel bad for folks who need the car by a specific time. That's gotta be rough

Ok cool, thought you were new to the forums and not aware of the tracker. I also know of a completed delivery in Charlotte, NC which is not on the tracker.

I personally use the below tracker, which is also linked in one of the TMC tracker tabs, as it has much better visuals and you can filter easily.

I emailed TuxMat over the weekend about 2024 model 3 availability and this was their response:

Thank you for your interest in TuxMat. Mats for the 2024 Tesla Model 3 have recently completed development and are expected to be available for purchase in late July, subject to change. We don't have a more specific ETA yet. Please let us know if you want your email address added to our notification list or if you have any other questions.

I think it will be a mad rush to deliver as many cars as possible by the end of June ... end of Q2. You have to make the shareholders happy.

In their rush, I hope QC is not overlooked.
Elon ended the practice of the EoQ blitz in late 2022. There's been no indication if it's been reimplemented but the reasoning at the time was to reduce costs.

I think the Hyundai rep's point was that the Ioniq 5 N is a different type of car than the M3P. The N is more of a driver's car than the Tesla, it's more engaging and arguably more fun. Ioniq 5 N is also probably better on track than the M3P.
What would make it better on the track? There are reviews saying they think the new M3P is displacing the BMW M3 competition, what is the 5n going to offer over that?

Being what looks to be the only day 1 res holder in New England without a VIN is just "Chef's Kiss"
Was a good little dooby and did all my trade in and finance tasks immediately. What I get for being a cheap skate and getting the lowest cost config i guess
I ordered 45 minutes after it went live with sg and black and still have no vin in NY. At this point I think I may be the only person with sg/black that ordered that early that doesn't have a vin yet (according to the tracker.)

I’m sure this is a dumb question or if anyone knows. My documents show a delivery configuration and odometer shows 15 Miles. Does that mean that this has left factory or is it possible that’s just from moving in out of factory and on to truck or train for delivery? I know it’s normal to have a few miles on it. 15 just seems like a lot lol
15 is just their default but it's normally pretty close to accurate. QA and loading/unloading takes a handful of miles to complete.