Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

It took me about 10 seconds to google "train derailment 2024" and find news stories about the likely derailment they are talking about. The answer to your question is "since thats a real thing that happened, probably not".

1,300 Train derailments a year in the United States, originally delivery was supposed to be for mid-May. That train derailed 2 days ago. Not saying it's not possible but if someone's scheduled to pick up in NY this week then I quite don't understand how their car got here.

EDD updated today: June 26 - June 30
Previously: July 7 - August 18
Previous update: May 12
Config: SG/Blk, no FSD
Loc: N Alabama
Delivery loc: Nashville, TN
VIN: still waiting

Was getting a little jealous seeing all the activity on here lately and finally got my own little morsel: an EDD shift.

It’s the little things…
I saw a shift today to with the same EDD in Denver and it seems lots of others were shifted into June as well. While I want to believe that it will happen and got excited, it seems like they are trying to make some internal numbers look good and won’t actually deliver. Until we have those VIN’s the EDD is still a load of Sh*t sadly.

Hello everyone. I just joined the site. Today. I got my updated "estimated delivery date" of July 4 to August 8

I placed the ordered for the Model 3 Performance on May 8,2024.

Initial delivery date was June 2024.
After ordering, the delivery date was July 16 to August 27.

I am located in Boston, MA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240603_132051_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240603_132051_Tesla.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 8
1,300 Train derailments a year in the United States, originally delivery was supposed to be for mid-May. That train derailed 2 days ago. Not saying it's not possible but if someone's scheduled to pick up in NY this week then I quite don't understand how their car got here.
It takes a few days to get from where they unload trains to the sc. If the car being delivered was on the last shipment before this I'd expect it could be getting delivered this week.

Reactions: Andrés Ornelas
I’m sure this is a dumb question or if anyone knows. My documents show a delivery configuration and odometer shows 15 Miles. Does that mean that this has left factory or is it possible that’s just from moving in out of factory and on to truck or train for delivery? I know it’s normal to have a few miles on it. 15 just seems like a lot lol
It's not a lot.

looks like no cars on the derailment just grain.
The issue is not if any cars were on there, rather the fact the rail way is out of commission until it gets cleaned up and repaired and that could take god knows how long, but definitely not something that will be cleaned up overnight.

I'm sure Tesla will come up with alternative channels, longer ground transportation etc.