Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure this is a dumb question or if anyone knows. My documents show a delivery configuration and odometer shows 15 Miles. Does that mean that this has left factory or is it possible that’s just from moving in out of factory and on to truck or train for delivery? I know it’s normal to have a few miles on it. 15 just seems like a lot lol

It's not. Anything up to 100 miles is within the industry average. Cars get moved around a lot once off the assembly line. On/off ships, trucks, from dealer overflow lot back to dealer, repair shops, service, etc.

You can always reject any vehicle for any reason, so if you think 15 is too much just reject it. I'm sure the next person would love you for it, hell if you tell me where you're scheduled to pick it up, I'll even show up with a box of chocolates and roses.

sorry to hear. i'm 4 mins after you. moved up to 6/5-6/14 today. NJ
Not the only one. Ordered 4/23 here as well. Midwest state (not far from you). SG/black as well. Also without a VIN. But my date today moved from 7/15-8/19 to 6/20-6/30. It looks like a lot of midwestern states today got moved up EDDs. One can only hope that means maybe there is going to be a shipment coming through this way, and if you ordered earlier, you may be on it.

I'm scheduled for delivery on Thursday at Mt Kisco, but that's after I asked them to schedule a date for me, prior to them having a confident date of arrival. I'll reach out and see if this will affect me. Edit: I see you received your VIN we days before me, so something strange is up.
I don't think you have to worry. I'm going to guess your vehicle was on the same transport as mine and it made it to Mt. Kisco today. My lease loyalty advisor reached out to me this morning saying it was delayed and then it was rescheduled to 6/5 and then she tells me about an hour later it actually just arrived. I had already updated my insurance a second time today so I just left the appointment for 6/5.

I don't think you have to worry. I'm going to guess your vehicle was on the same transport as mine and it made it to Mt. Kisco today. My lease loyalty advisor reached out to me this morning saying it was delayed and then it was rescheduled to 6/5 and then she tells me about an hour later it actually just arrived. I had already updated my insurance a second time today so I just left the appointment for 6/5.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, I would figure it would come on the same train as a New York order. This is especially driving me crazy because I've had a VIN since 5/10.

It's not. Anything up to 100 miles is within the industry average. Cars get moved around a lot once off the assembly line. On/off ships, trucks, from dealer overflow lot back to dealer, repair shops, service, etc.

You can always reject any vehicle for any reason, so if you think 15 is too much just reject it. I'm sure the next person would love you for it, hell if you tell me where you're scheduled to pick it up, I'll even show up with a box of chocolates and roses.
yeah 15 is normal, mine had 20 on it

No, that's not how insane acceleration mode works. The Track mode changes the thermal management.

It says in the manual that insane acceleration mode changes the thermal management:
1717440997192.png

Not the only one. Ordered 4/23 here as well. Midwest state (not far from you). SG/black as well. Also without a VIN. But my date today moved from 7/15-8/19 to 6/20-6/30. It looks like a lot of midwestern states today got moved up EDDs. One can only hope that means maybe there is going to be a shipment coming through this way, and if you ordered earlier, you may be on it.
Chicago, SG/BLK, ordered 4/24 — My EDD went from 3+ wks at 7/6-8/17 to 6/25-6/30 today, too! WOOHOO!!!

Attachments

• tempImagecKc9l2.png
    tempImagecKc9l2.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 2
While it doesn't really mean much right now, I just saw my EDD move from Aug 9th-Sept 1st all the way forward to July 2nd-Aug 6th!

No VIN yet, but I'll take whatever I can get right now. Fingers crossed I can snag this puppy in time for some Fourth of July fireworks.

Ordered 5/12 (apparently though it's considered 5/13 by the system, ugh). SG/White w/ FSD, Atlanta.

Chicago, SG/BLK, ordered 4/24 — My EDD went from 3+ wks at 7/6-8/17 to 6/25-6/30 today, too! WOOHOO!!!
Nice! Hope this means something good coming our way. However, at one point, I was 5/30-6/12 and got moved to 7/15-8/19. So I am trying not to get too excited because they could easily just push it out again. But I am hoping our time is coming soon!

Reactions: cloud surfer

Sorry, but most likely, the garage parking attendant took it for a joy ride...