Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got some kind of a blue fleck/mark on my dash trim. Dead center passenger side. Any tips to try and clean this up? Didn't come off with a gentle cleaner and a new microfiber towel. Maybe I should I just open a service request. Would like to try and avoid it though.

tempImagetRaWdX.jpg

I've got some kind of a blue fleck/mark on my dash trim. Dead center passenger side. Any tips to try and clean this up? Didn't come off with a gentle cleaner and a new microfiber towel. Maybe I should I just open a service request. Would like to try and avoid it though.

View attachment 1053584
Try goof off/goo gone. It's super gentle. I've used that on delicate surfaces, such as the white dash on my M3P and it worked. If that doesn't work, then I'd place the ticket.

What I want to know is who @Jangy bribed to get their sg/black vin in NJ 4 days after they ordered a month after orders opened when I'm in NY and ordered the same configuration 45 minutes after it went live and still have no vin despite every other sg/black before my order and a decent handful after all having vins.

I know there's no queue but I'd been assuming it was just a north east thing until I saw that... Not sure what's going on with my order. (Genuine congrats to @Jangy though.)
I don't have mine yet either, and I just sold my m3p 2018. (NJ SG/Black 1.40pm order)
But the good news I just got from Tesla is that my car delivery can wait for up to 2 weeks (I'm on vacation 2nd part of June)

Last edited:
So I noticed this giant scratch when I washed my car today, just picked it up last night I’m sure it was there when I picked it up it was dirty and I didn’t notice, anyone know do I just make a service appt or what do I do to get Tesla to fix it?
View attachment 1053592
Put in a request immediately. You only have 24 hours to report it then you're looking at trying to get good will support from them instead.

Reactions: jennieR
So I noticed this giant scratch when I washed my car today, just picked it up last night I’m sure it was there when I picked it up it was dirty and I didn’t notice, anyone know do I just make a service appt or what do I do to get Tesla to fix it?
View attachment 1053592
Wow that is a large scratch..... how dirty was this car where you didn't see that? Giving you the benefit of the doubt (that it wasn't scratched after delivery), I am assuming they are going to try and fight covering that. I hope not though for your sake.

Reactions: cptnslo
Alright guys, I’ve finally got my delivery date! Excited and nervous for my first EV.

Side note, I currently have a ‘19 Honda Civic Type R which I’m selling and was surprised at the increase in my insurance premium ($181 to $276/month). Is the % increase normal?
That seems really expensive. I pay $262 a month for 3 cars/ 3 drivers. And one of them is 17 years old.

View attachment 1053592
Ugh. I hope that's not our first case of vandalism. Not saying it is but... that's a fear of mine: people being jealous of our cars.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I actually saw an SG Performance car a couple of days ago at my local SC that was straight off the trailer (still had plastics inside and out) that had a massive vertical scratch just like that on the driver’s side door. I did not get a photo, but it was deep, I felt it with my nail. Could there be some process in the delivery process that is causing this?

Reactions: jennieR
I actually saw an SG Performance car a couple of days ago at my local SC that was straight off the trailer (still had plastics inside and out) that had a massive vertical scratch just like that on the driver’s side door. I did not get a photo, but it was deep, I felt it with my nail. Could there be some process in the delivery process that is causing this?
That’s what I’m thinking! Razor knife to get off plastic? I dunno, super frustrating! Everyone do a better job inspecting at delivery than I did!!!