Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all! I am new to Tesla, been lurking in the forum for a couple weeks now.

My heart goes out to all of you that ordered early and have not received a VIN, delivery date, etc.

My situation has been starkly different.

I ordered a M3P, SG with Black interior for lease the evening of 5/20 with an anticipated delivery date of July. When I ordered, I promptly took care of any required steps in the Tesla app to keep things moving along.

My VIN was assigned on 5/29 and my EDD updated from July to 6/19-6/29. I then completed my insurance task.
Yesterday, my EDD window updated to 6/8 - 6/17.
Today, I was notified to schedule my delivery. I took the earliest date I could get, 6/14 in Delray Beach Florida.

So far, everything has been pretty seamless. It is so odd to read so many variations of stories in the group.

I had a Tesla wall charger installed this past Saturday, made sure I have strong internet in the garage, so I feel like we are ready for delivery! This is our first EV, and our family is excited about adopting this technology. This is a 3rd vehicle for our family, but we are anticipating giving it much use.

I will report back if anything changes.
Welcome to the family!

Apparently someone in Denver took delivery?
IMG_2095.jpeg

Took delivery this afternoon. Car was in great shape overall, just a bad sliding center console cover and couple surface scratches in paint. I always break my cars in by gradually increasing power and volume over first thousand miles. It takes me a while to bond so won’t issue a verdict for a couple weeks. Initial impressions are positive (of course) and standard suspension setting is excellent for normal use on our horrible roads in NE. Car is tight, panels align perfectly, including ambient strip. The metal trim on ambient does reflect off windshield noticeably in right day light. Wish you could choose when to activate FSD trial as I would prefer new matrix light update. Cars calibrate cameras so quickly now in about five miles but FSD training needs highway which won’t happen until after PPF next week. Performance badge on back has raised rays and nicely catches the sunlight. Much better than the flat sticker I expected. Car had 4 miles at birth and delivered with 7. Would share photo but the pine pollen is so bad today car was covered yellow within two hours from detail to driveway - literally looks like fog. Last point is from the driver seat the car feels lower (more than the half inch from stock) and more engaging - nice!

New level unlocked: VIN!

Changed my config to SG/B this morning and ,voila(!), I have a VIN and delivery as early as tomorrow.
Wow lucky ha. Crazy how that works. How do you randomly go from no VIN to a VIN within 24 hours after swapping configs. Like are some of us just glitched in the APP and changing it refreshed it? Lmao.

Congrats though man. What’s your location again?

Your also the only VIN I have seen today

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I had 20% on a WRX back in 2010 and decided to go legal in Illinois (35%) all around for my current car.

The 35% are way too light and I’ve complained about them since I first got them. My M3P will be 20% all around.

Night visibility is okay with 35% and dark areas you’ll still roll the windows down. With the 20% it’s a bit harder, but only if there’s little to no visible light outside.

I’ll upload the pics later on. The 35% you can see through quite a bit with an overcast and in daylight you can see basically everything when the sun is over it. Not a fan

For your viewing pleasure but more so for those who ordered B/B. 20% tint. Looks pretty billy bad@$$.

View attachment 1053946
any tint on the windshield or front/rear roof?
ceramic?

We are also at the merci of people enter their data/updates to the xl sheet.
True.. but I feel like people are usually pretty excited when they get VINS and either update the tracker or at least post on here. Going based on the tracker.. there was a total of 11 VINS between last Tuesday and Wednesday. This Tuesday and Wednesday was 3 VINs. That's kind of depressing lol. Last Thursday had 22 VINS assigned. I am sure hoping we will see an influx of VINS tomorrow.

Reactions: emuloid
So just sharing some information on my experience thus far. My trade in on my 2020 LR Model 3 was initially decent at $21,200 however like many experienced, it just expired here June 3rd. So i re-submitted and the next day was shocked to see them come back with $18,100 now. Car had a little over 1,000 more miles since my initial submission - absolutely ridiculous. So i rejected that offer and found a local dealer that is going to purchase my car off of me for $23,000 even.

My Delivery Tasks now wants me to make final payment - but I do not have the ability to schedule my pick up date yet. Will that become available before I make final payment? Or do I need to make final payment in order to schedule a pick up? My delivery window is June 6th --> 12th.

Wow lucky ha. Crazy how that works. How do you randomly go from no VIN to a VIN within 24 hours after swapping configs. Like are some of us just glitched in the APP and changing it refreshed it? Lmao.

Congrats though man. What’s your location again?

Your also the only VIN I have seen today
Thank you! I'm near Seattle.

Yeah, I actually figured it would probably delay my delivery a bit - got lucky (finally)!

Reactions: arkhos
So just sharing some information on my experience thus far. My trade in on my 2020 LR Model 3 was initially decent at $21,200 however like many experienced, it just expired here June 3rd. So i re-submitted and the next day was shocked to see them come back with $18,100 now. Car had a little over 1,000 more miles since my initial submission - absolutely ridiculous. So i rejected that offer and found a local dealer that is going to purchase my car off of me for $23,000 even.

My Delivery Tasks now wants me to make final payment - but I do not have the ability to schedule my pick up date yet. Will that become available before I make final payment? Or do I need to make final payment in order to schedule a pick up? My delivery window is June 6th --> 12th.
Made my final payment after delivery was scheduled. Technically I made it when I picked up my car.

Reactions: AtlantaP3D

I just talked to whoever was assigned to me after I got my VIN. Super speedy responses now. They said that I can just bring a cashier's check. That should mean you don't have to make final payment until you're there. My app will have the final payment option all the way until I hand my SA the bank check and they put it in I would imagine.

Reactions: arkhos

In just two months, they whittled down my trade-in from 27,000 to 23,500. '21 Long Range with around 26K miles. Absolutely ridiculous. Worst part of the process, for me. Glad you found a better price.

Apparently someone in Denver took delivery?View attachment 1053951
Hard to tell from picture - was that black/white? If so, and guessing from the mountain range pics, it’s probably the dealer “showroom” car from Superior? Bless them crazy fools, I think that’s supposed to be a showroom only car but they are parking it outside and just letting total randoms (myself included) go carve some canyons with it. 😂