Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I decided to cancel my order so hopefully someone in Texas gets a nice surprise this week! SG/white. I’ll get one soon but for now I’ll live vicariously through the excitement of everyone else’s deliveries and impressions.

About to be the same for me here in Columbus, OH. I think my red/black car arrived - tesla asking for me to schedule delivery saturday. I bought a different vehicle that I'm intending to use as my primary car - I'm tempted to trade my other car in for the model 3, but I just don't think i can get myself to do it. Hot dang its hard to let it go though....

@mpgxsvcd @gavinmp4 y'all going to get your windows tinted, and if so, got any good recommendations? Or is it not worth it because of how strict the laws are here?
I am leasing mine so no window tint for me at all. Fish bowl city is how I roll.😝

IMG_6288.jpeg

@mpgxsvcd @gavinmp4 y'all going to get your windows tinted, and if so, got any good recommendations? Or is it not worth it because of how strict the laws are here?
I just moved here from Los Angeles last year, and I’m used to having tint. I’m going to try 20-25% all around and 70% on the windshield and hope for the best 😂

However I don’t know of any recommended tint / wrap shops, definitely open to recs. I’m up in Greenville, so Raleigh is the closest big city to me. If you guys end up finding a place in Raleigh please let me know

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
on Monday my EDD went from 8/27 - 10/8, to 6/6 - 6/20, so I'm officially in the EDD window now! (i know, i know, but this is the closest I've been to my car 😁)

expecting VIN in the next week or two and delivery a couple of weeks after that, so might be tight to be within June/Q2!

ordered 4/30, UR/White, San Francisco
I would have thought for Q2 revenue purposes, Fremont pickup, no trade-in, and cash and carry people get higher priority...

I just moved here from Los Angeles last year, and I’m used to having tint. I’m going to try 20-25% all around and 70% on the windshield and hope for the best 😂

However I don’t know of any recommended tint / wrap shops, definitely open to recs. I’m up in Greenville, so Raleigh is the closest big city to me. If you guys end up finding a place in Raleigh please let me know
Pretty sure the law here in NC is that you can't go darker than 35% on the sides and back and you cant tint anything below the top 5 inches on the windshield... So unless you know someone, they will get you during inspection :(

Welp. I officially had to place a hold on my order because I will be out of town for three weeks starting next week. So, this means I will not be taking delivery of my car until July at the earliest. Ultimate FOMO, but the bright side is that I didn't have to take delivery right before I left and will have only had a couple days to enjoy the car before having to leave it garaged for three weeks while i'm gone.

Just for conversation's sake, which would you all pick if it came down to it:

- take delivery and only get to enjoy it a couple of days before you had to garage it for three weeks

OR

- wait it out until you get back from your trip so you can fully enjoy the car

• Informative
Welp. I officially had to place a hold on my order because I will be out of town for three weeks starting next week. So, this means I will not be taking delivery of my car until July at the earliest. Ultimate FOMO, but the bright side is that I didn't have to take delivery right before I left and will have only had a couple days to enjoy the car before having to leave it garaged for three weeks while i'm gone.

- take delivery and only get to enjoy it a couple of days before you had to garage it for three weeks

OR

Take delivery and cancel the trip

OR

Absolutely be enjoying it for a few days lol

Orlando, FL, 04/23 order. Had my delivery scheduled for this Saturday, got a text this morning that said the delivery was delayed, no ETA. Also noticed just today that the delivery center is "Temporarily Closed" and the location is not appearing on Tesla's showrooms or demo drive locations anymore.

Not sure if it's just a coincidence or reason for concern. I just want my car, man lol.

About to sell my 2020 3 Performance tomorrow as I was expecting to have the car on Saturday. Guess I'll do with Uber for now.

• Informative