Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so I’m curious if changing my color to blue from SG would get me it sooner. My Tesla advisor confirmed I won’t lose my spot in the queue because I don’t have a VIN yet I just know that like 60% (of the ones on the tracker sheet) were SG because after the second price update you could only do one of the other exterior or interior color. Thoughts?
For me it feels like since blue is the least popular color, they haven't been making as many like the others. I ordered within 30 min EDD June 6 - June 30 Blue Black and my EDD dates hasn't seemed to change when everyone else did.

Reactions: arkhos
That’s my same EDD. I went into the local SC yesterday and the guy showed me the expected build date of 6/18, with a delivery on 6/20. He gave me the “currently no VIN, not guaranteed” caveat. But at least it’s something. Guy was super knowledgeable and normally works at my original delivery location, said it was a good thing that I changed to my current delivery location.

He also showed me how to set the acceleration modes as a quick access on the left wheel. Yes please!!

Little update... likely means nothing, but will share.

Sg/black, Midwest, 4/23 @ 9:30pm EST. EDD is currently 6/20-6/30 (changed to this Monday). I stopped at my local Tesla store today to see if any updates. Overall not much. However, the lady asked if I wanted her to check my account for any updates, but noted that typically it just shows the EDD. She brought out her laptop and looked around for a bit after I gave her my RN. Then she made kind of a surprised face and said something around the lines of "well its always subject to change, but it looks like delivery on 6/22". She said should get a VIN soon. She acted kind of weird about it though, and just kept saying "lets just say, likely 6/22". It was a weird exchange. Not sure if this means anything or if they can truly see anything from their end? But i have heard that typically they know no more than we do so I will take it with a grain of salt. But if they see nothing on her end, I don't see how she would benefit even saying that. Why wouldn't she just say yup shows nothing keep waiting lol. Anyone else have an experience like this and how did it actually turn out?
That was very similar to my exchange the other day. Guy showed me his screen that had an expected build date and expected delivery date. He said it was somewhat speculative until a VIN is assigned but there system did have expected dates that he shared. Now I also had a similar interaction a month ago and the system told the guy(different guy) that it would be delivered 5/26, but also did not have a build date. Swing and a miss on that so who knows.

Not sure if this means anything or if they can truly see anything from their end? But i have heard that typically they know no more than we do so I will take it with a grain of salt. But if they see nothing on her end, I don't see how she would benefit even saying that. Why wouldn't she just say yup shows nothing keep waiting lol. Anyone else have an experience like this and how did it actually turn out?

I am convinced that SC's really know little more than we do. That would explain how it seems 99% of the posts here are SC's giving out bogus info - they simply don't know much more than we do, especially if a VIN has not been assigned. I don't believe they are 'hiding' anything or intentionally misleading us. They want us to get our cars -almost- as bad as we do. ;) I haven't bothered checking/calling/texting my SC because I don't even have a VIN.

Along the same line, the 'advertised delivery date' on the order page should say 'ESTIMATED'. I thought it did, but apparently not? I can imaging it would stink if you consider putting in an order and it says 'June', and then a few days later receiving an EDD update to "July-August" would be a bit of a rude awakening. It's like the whole 'price' looking lower until you read deeper and see 'potential gas savings' and 'potential tax credit'. It just has a fairly wishy-washy feeling to it, even if you're mindful.

VINs seem to have completely stopped the last 3 days. Lots of Bay Area folks in this thread with expected end of June deliveries and no VINs in sight.

And yet somehow there's extra inventory in the east coast that they're selling at a discount?
I think the one extra MP3 on 'discount' was declared a 'demo model' with miles, or something? I thought I read that like... many pages ago, which was like an hour ago. LOL Things go fast here!

Reactions: eric135i
That was very similar to my exchange the other day. Guy showed me his screen that had an expected build date and expected delivery date. He said it was somewhat speculative until a VIN is assigned but there system did have expected dates that he shared. Now I also had a similar interaction a month ago and the system told the guy(different guy) that it would be delivered 5/26, but also did not have a build date. Swing and a miss on that so who knows.
Hm thanks for the feedback! So looks like it could mean something or completely mean nothing haha

Reactions: TheHeez
Here's my theory on why the Bay Area customers are getting late June EDDs and why others further away have received their cars.

Assumptions
1. Tesla is trying to reach their Q2 revenue goal.
2. Telsla can only recognize their vehicle revenue when a customer has taken possession of their car (not just paid for it).

Then the most logical way to allocate cars is to first ship cars the furthest away from Fremont, CA allowing for travel time. Then at the very end of June, they can produce cars and Bay Area customers take possession of them within one or two days (because there is no travel time.)

If my theory is correct, I'll be on the late end of my 6/18-6/30 EDD.

Interesting, because my exchange today with the SA said July - August today. Looks like we’ll find out towards the end of June.

Either way, the car comes when it comes. Whether it’s July or in fall it’ll be here eventually.
that's 1st world problems for some of us.
others have trade-ins/sales pending and depreciating every week. plus potential increase rate changes.
After providing a VIN, how can Tesla not narrow down the delivery date to with in 10days?????? instead they keep moving it up/down.

View attachment 1054189

Well. She's home. Drove the 55 miles from St. Pete. I'll just reiterate what everyone else is saying about great ride, handling, and power. So rather than repeat that stuff, I'll share some unique tidbits or my take on a few existing ones...

• Drives straight, no pull, steering wheel is centered
  • It does have 2 pronounced rattles: will do some investigating later but sounds like area of steering wheel or top of dash
  • Hood gap is so close on the front passenger corner, it is almost rubbing: needs some adjusting
  • I HATE the flash drive location in the glovebox: so tight you can't get your hand in there!
  • My car came with firmware 2024.14.100.1: anyone else? Did they not install the EPA firmware or something?
  • Other than those few nits, it seems perfect.
  • Will post more later but I drove through and skipped lunch so ima boutta pass out: gotta eat
Congrats!!!

• Love
Reactions: MikeyC
Just a note and/or addition for your delivery checklist.
  1. I have a small ding on the passenger side rocker panel (scheduled service - mobile offered). Check your rockers within 24 hours after delivery and schedule a warranty fix.
    Seems others here have had same or worse.
  2. I noticed that the bumper gaps in the front where the bumper meets the front quarter panel aren't even - no gap on left, 1/4" gap on right (added to above service, but will probably need a service center I'm guessing)
Minor but it's a new car and should be pretty close to perfection!

I remember in 2019 all the "don't worry about the issues and enjoy the car" Harumph... I expect 60k build quality on a 60k car! Or at least close.

I think we are on the same truck or something but my window is 6-15 and I’m in Boca. I called yesterday and the SA said that it arrived in Jacksonville on the 4th and it would take a couple of days to leave there. I figured that would put it on a truck today hopefully and take a day or two to get to us. More likely two for me. Assuming it arrives Saturday it would take another day or two for the service center to do what they need to do to accept and release the vehicle like detailing and such but probably won’t touch it if it got there later Saturday and won’t on Sunday so I’m speculating Monday it may get that attention and at earliest will be ready by Tuesday. Maybe Wednesday
So just got back from the St.Pete location. Rep said the cars should be here Tuesday and they can start deliveries Wednesday if all goes well.

They have only received grey with white seats. This will be their first shipment with other color config vehicles.

They're only doing two slots a day 12pm, and 3pm. Mine had an hold due to the epa change. They need to adjust some documents. With that I have mine for set for Wednesday 12pm!!!