Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla take care of obvious rattles, if its caught within the first 100 miles?

I remember reading a lot of posts about it and don't recall anyone getting turned down for fixing rattles. I don't think it has to be in the first 100 miles: just while still under warranty. I usually fix rattles myself so we'll see what I find.

I wonder if we’ll get a performance software upgrade for the m3p.
Let's recalculate the total power output using 20 amps per battery, and then convert it to horsepower.

Given:
- Voltage per cell (V) = 4.2 volts
- Current per cell (I) = 20 amps
- Total number of cells = 4,416

First, calculate the power output of a single cell:

P_single = 4.2 volts * 20 amps = 84 watts

Next, multiply this by the total number of cells to get the total power output:

P_total = 84 watts/cell * 4,416 cells

Let's do the multiplication:

P_total = 84 * 4,416
P_total = 370,944 watts
P_total = 370.944 kW

Now, convert the power from kilowatts to horsepower:

370.944 kW * 1.341 HP/kW approx 497.222 HP

Therefore, the total power output when all cells are fully charged and producing 4.2 volts at 20 amps each is approximately 497.2 horsepower.

There is a possibility of short term boost though:
Some claim a max 24.8A/cell in Tesla, which would result in 615HP

Last edited:
Reactions: Danny6ix
Let's recalculate the total power output using 20 amps per battery, and then convert it to horsepower.

Given:
- Voltage per cell (V) = 4.2 volts
- Current per cell (I) = 20 amps
- Total number of cells = 4,416

First, calculate the power output of a single cell:

P_single = 4.2 volts * 20 amps = 84 watts

Next, multiply this by the total number of cells to get the total power output:

P_total = 84 watts/cell * 4,416 cells

Let's do the multiplication:

P_total = 84 * 4,416
P_total = 370,944 watts
P_total = 370.944 kW

Now, convert the power from kilowatts to horsepower:

370.944 kW * 1.341 HP/kW approx 497.222 HP

Therefore, the total power output when all cells are fully charged and producing 4.2 volts at 20 amps each is approximately 497.2 horsepower.

There is a possibility of short term boost though:
Peak Discharge Current: For short durations, some 2170 cells can handle peak discharge currents of up to 30 amps or more.
All I got from this post is that you are WAY smarter than me...

OK. I may be tired from driving today but...

I'm unable to set my home position in the car. I tried it once at the SC and it didn't take. When I got home, I set it again. The car still locks itself in the garage even though I confirmed I have "Exclude home" checked under Locks. What am I missing?

View attachment 1054189

Well. She's home. Drove the 55 miles from St. Pete. I'll just reiterate what everyone else is saying about great ride, handling, and power. So rather than repeat that stuff, I'll share some unique tidbits or my take on a few existing ones...

• Drives straight, no pull, steering wheel is centered
  • It does have 2 pronounced rattles: will do some investigating later but sounds like area of steering wheel or top of dash
  • Hood gap is so close on the front passenger corner, it is almost rubbing: needs some adjusting
  • I HATE the flash drive location in the glovebox: so tight you can't get your hand in there!
  • My car came with firmware 2024.14.100.1: anyone else? Did they not install the EPA firmware or something?
  • Other than those few nits, it seems perfect.
  • Will post more later but I drove through and skipped lunch so ima boutta pass out: gotta eat
A lot of people been having dashboard rattle. Seen at least 3 M3Ps so far

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Someone in Austin area is gonna get lucky with inventory or expedited order. Had to put mine on hold due to being out of country for delivery. About two weeks. The guy at the delivery center was very helpful on the phone and explained how the hold would work, but of course, no clue when I would get a VIN after releasing the hold.