Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery at 4pm sharp today. Took 30 minutes or more checking the car out to find everything to seem fine in and out even had my father looking it over as well. 25 minute drive home with zero rattles zero squeaks. Put it in insane from the moment I left the lot and boogied a bit but didn’t want my old man to get lost getting back. He’s not from that area. Once I got to an area he was familiar with I left him and a new wrx might have tried to keep up from a roll but not sure 🤷🏻‍♂️ a challenger was about to as he decided to ride my bumper but I wanted it to line up and he made a uturn right after he got out of my lane. These cars are so new a lot of folks don’t know what they are capable of yet. Gets the Stealth PPF next week. Gotta remove the caps after the kids go to sleep.
Jealous of people with garages that can remove the caps. Mine is getting stealth PPF right now, after waiting all that time and now still waiting is killing me.

Jealous of people with garages that can remove the caps. Mine is getting stealth PPF right now, after waiting all that time and now still waiting is killing me.
What color of car did you get? Iv’e got Stealth Grey coming and intend to do the stealth PPF as I did my previous M3P but that one is white. Excited to see more pics of stealth grey M3P’s with stealth PPF

Took delivery at 4pm sharp today. Took 30 minutes or more checking the car out to find everything to seem fine in and out even had my father looking it over as well. 25 minute drive home with zero rattles zero squeaks. Put it in insane from the moment I left the lot and boogied a bit but didn’t want my old man to get lost getting back. He’s not from that area. Once I got to an area he was familiar with I left him and a new wrx might have tried to keep up from a roll but not sure 🤷🏻‍♂️ a challenger was about to as he decided to ride my bumper but I wanted it to line up and he made a uturn right after he got out of my lane. These cars are so new a lot of folks don’t know what they are capable of yet. Gets the Stealth PPF next week. Gotta remove the caps after the kids go to sleep.
Another Florida delivery. Congratulations! ✨

Last edited:
Does anyone know what dog seat cover works for the M3P? Since the front seats are different, I'm not sure if the existing ones out there will work for it.
Since someone asked earlier, the Tesla pet cover does fit well. The loops just sit higher up on the front seats than the non-Performance ones. Depends on how you feel with it possibly putting pressure on the head rests. Door covers seemed fine as well. As someone who used to have a 90 pound greyhound, I would recommend. The door inserts will save you from all the slobber. You can also throw all the pieces in the washer/dryer for easy cleaning.

photo_2024-06-10_00-04-15.jpg
photo_2024-06-10_00-04-13.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I'm here in the palm springs ca area in socal.
Reason I asked is that there are a number of West Coasters that had a similar change to EDD later last week. A few here have surmised that there is a chance that Tesla will try and fill the more local orders before the end of Q2. Good luck to you, keep us updated if it changes and be sure to add yourself to the Tracker if not already.

I took delivery of my SG/WHT today at 3/4pm in Buena Park. Great build quality, front hood is just ever so slightly to the right but nothing that can't be handled later on by myself. Everything else seems to be in great condition. Took delivery with 5 miles on the odo. Pulls harder than previous M3P during the butt dyno test. I don't yet notice any alignment issues but will take it to get aligned soon anyway just because it's fresh. Hopefully tint in the coming weeks as well. Put in all my accessories that I've been accumulating since order date.

SG is way nicer in person than in photos, unless you're shooting in the right conditions. Loving the white seats and the heat rejection it provides. Going to ceramic coat the seats myself in the next few days. Ride quality is also great, reminds me of a stiff sporty BMW suspension. I like to feel the road and have a certain level of cushion as well. Def feels more engaging than the LR ride. This is my first Tesla and it's a great first experience so far :)

No photos yet but will have some soon when I get a chance.

Man that looks good! I am glad that I ordered the same! Post a pic after removing the caps.
Removed them at night and hustling since my kid was chilling in the car watching Netflix. He wanted to be in dadas new car. I’ll get the pics taken sometime tomorrow in daylight. I’m glad I was able to just time consuming and a workout for sure.

It will be worth it. I have a week of my commute to work and this is my daily as I didn’t get new plates and I transferred my insurance. I have to be careful and will more than likely have to do a clean at the end of this work week and roughly when I get to the area before giving it in for the work. You did the best option.

Reason I asked is that there are a number of West Coasters that had a similar change to EDD later last week. A few here have surmised that there is a chance that Tesla will try and fill the more local orders before the end of Q2. Good luck to you, keep us updated if it changes and be sure to add yourself to the Tracker if not already.
Will do. I have been to the palm springs dealer a few times and they have one in the show room, and they delivered like 4 last week, and a few the week before. They have continued to have more come in and get delivered. It seems like a pretty steady flow there.
I'm just impatiently waiting. Lol