Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
estimation.png

I think I figured out who they have doing the delivery estimates over there. Seriously though, what a joke

• Funny
Reactions: xianking
Just took delivery , car is beautiful, found typical small stuff , see pics. They need to replace 3 door hinges due to paint dripping and slightly stripped bolts. Misaligned front bumper, pretty bad paint dripping at bottom of the door. Already made a service appointment. Will come back to SC in 2 weeks to get hinges replaced and bumper adjusted. Some dust under paint, some orange peels. Those they can do/will do nothing.

Overall pick up is super easy, I drove 1800 miles after I did the trade in quote. They didn't lower the trade in value which is super nice. The paint job on this car is the worst I have ever had. I've had a couple Mercedes before they all had pretty good paint job and even the trade in I brought today which is a 23 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring are all better than this.
Seat is very comfortable. The car drives nice/fun/ a lot of power. Overall I am a little disappointed at fit/finish of the car but I kind of prepared myself for it. I still think the car is worth it at this price point especially with the tax credit. I feel like if I have to pay 60K or over for this car then I won't buy it. (Of course this is only my own opinion. I know some people care about performance more than fit/finish but I do care about fit/finish a lot.)
View attachment 1055664View attachment 1055665View attachment 1055666View attachment 1055667View attachment 1055668View attachment 1055669View attachment 1055670
If I am understanding your post, your car was delivered with not painted door hinge bolts? The ones in black in the pics?

Reactions: xianking
Any hope we will actually get a VIN soon? I keep trying to tell myself it’s possible but deep down I think I know it’s not coming soon lol. There was one VIN yesterday on tracker :/
🤷‍♂️ I'm waiting so see if my local SA is close when he said mine is "scheduled to be deliver on June 22nd". With that date and being in Oklahoma I must make final payment before it can cross state line. That means I should get a VIN no later then 14th in my estimations to make that time. .... We shall see

Int
🤷‍♂️ I'm waiting so see if my local SA is close when he said mine is "scheduled to be deliver on June 22nd". With that date and being in Oklahoma I must make final payment before it can cross state line. That means I should get a VIN no later then 14th in my estimations to make that time. .... We shall see
Interesting my local Tesla rep also told me that mine is scheduled to arrive 4/22 when I went in and spoke with her.

I’m not sure how accurate that is or if she actually saw something or if she is just blowing smoke up my ass, but we will see. I have a hard time believing that is accurate when I’m Midwest and still no VIN.

Reactions: TulsaCoker
Interesting. I’m in Tulsa and mine just moved up more than a month to June 18-30. Maybe a bunch are coming in?

Interesting. I’m in Tulsa and mine just moved up more than a month to June 18-30. Maybe a bunch are coming in?
Could be.... I did see a white on black and blue on black performance at the SC this past week and weekend. I might run by there today and see if they can offer any additional information. For a bunch to come however a vin needs to be assigned so payment can be made. Different then California where a car can be at the SC then vin assigned.

Could be.... I did see a white on black and blue on black performance at the SC this past week and weekend. I might run by there today and see if they can offer any additional information. For a bunch to come however a vin needs to be assigned so payment can be made. Different then California where a car can be at the SC then vin assigned.
I saw on a Facebook group that a white on black was delivered last weekend, wonder if that was the one you saw. That’s my config too. I’ll be curious what they tell you. I texted my SA yesterday and he said he saw my new delivery range but didn’t know when the next shipment was coming. Didn’t know that was the law in OK, thanks.

FInally got through to my SC yesterday and was flatly told that "anyone without a VIN right now will not be receiving a car this quarter" verbatim.

Not surprised being on the east coast, but I can at least stop manically checking the app now, lol. See y'all in July/August

BLK/BLK
OD: 4/27
EDD1: June
EDD2: July 17-August 26
EDD3: June 26-28
EDD4: July 23-August 27

Last edited:
I have VIN and picking up OKC. My bank's check still ''on the way'' to Tesla. I scheduled to pickup 6/3, and the car is not even in the states, sad OK laws. I dont even know when will I actually picking up the car.

Just checked. Midwest and still holding strong with EDD of 6/20-6/30. Anyone else out there with me that didn’t get hit with the pushback wave yesterday?
I am still at 6/13-6/30. (SG/black like you). Last time, they did the pushback on the first day (5/29) of my window so if nothing changes tomorrow, then I'll feel a little more optimistic. Also, some joker keeps populating their EDD data in my tracker slot. Look to the left folks!

I am still at 6/13-6/30. (SG/black like you). Last time, they did the pushback on the first day (5/29) of my window so if nothing changes tomorrow, then I'll feel a little more optimistic. Also, some joker keeps populating their EDD data in my tracker slot. Look to the left folks!

If you don't have a VIN yet (and not located in Cali) then it's highly unlikely. Pulling for you though, we need some wins here.

No VIN update today, but no delay for me yet either.

Inventory seems to have disappeared. Used to see some showing up in SoCal, Stockton, or Bakersfield but nothing for at least a week now. That suggests a major slowdown in production.
Feels like some change to the car is underway. I know Tesla does continuous improvements, though one so close to the start seems unusual (unless it's the battery, since that's external)