Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
picked her up today!

3 things wrong with it:
- condensation in rear left light
- charging cover manual release cable not properly mounted in the trunk
- car pulling slightly to the right

scheduled a service appointment while in the delivery lot for next Tuesday

but holy crap, it’s so freaking fast. beautiful and glorious to drive.

as an added bonus i saw a poster that said “ludicrous performance”… why did they drop the name!? lol
How should the release cable be mounted? Can someone post a pic?

How is everyone’s seats holding up? Bolsters and such? I saw a YouTube video where a brand a new seat had bad wrinkles.
Mine look fine but I did notice yesterday when I sat in the passenger seat to clean: the passenger seat bolsters feel tighter on my hips than the driver's seat. So either they are different (doubt it) or the driver's seat bolsters have loosened up a bit. I'm 5'8" and 195 lbs so I doubt I pushed them out a lot.

I’m sure this was posted someplace in the 517 pages, but for those that know, if I want to make a change to my order, but both the app and site won’t allow changes when I click manage order, is that because financing has been done and approved already. ?
The financing is only good for 90 days in Canada, so after that expires, will the manage order button then allow for changes ?

How is everyone’s seats holding up? Bolsters and such? I saw a YouTube video where a brand a new seat had bad wrinkles.

You have two options to mitigate wear on cars with aggressive bolsters. Either sticking in your right leg and aiming your phat donkey on the center of the seat. Or sitting down over the bolster and then rotating your legs clockwise into the footwell.

Option C, yolo floss your booty with those bolsters and scratch those hard to get to btwn the cheek areas. Could be a sign you need to wipe better.

You have two options to mitigate wear on cars with aggressive bolsters. Either sticking in your right leg and aiming your phat donkey on the center of the seat. Or sitting down over the bolster and then rotating your legs clockwise into the footwell.

Option C, yolo floss your booty with those bolsters and scratch those hard to get to btwn the cheek areas. Could be a sign you need to wipe better.
Option C likely voids warranty though

picked her up today!

3 things wrong with it:
- condensation in rear left light
- charging cover manual release cable not properly mounted in the trunk
- car pulling slightly to the right

scheduled a service appointment while in the delivery lot for next Tuesday

but holy crap, it’s so freaking fast. beautiful and glorious to drive.

as an added bonus i saw a poster that said “ludicrous performance”… why did they drop the name!? lol

Congrats! White is one of my favorite colors on this car. My color ranking:

1a White
1b Blue
2. Ultra Red
3. Stanky grey
4. Black

Sign into your account and modify your order. In other words pick blue and white interior and look at the price. If you under 55k then you will get the 7500. You can modify your order and see the price before you decide to change your order. I hope this makes sense.

Btw .. they will not ship these cars. You have to go to the dealerships to pick them up

Thanks again for helping us with this info. I don't mean to be picky, but I could be interested if I could switch to blue/white and qualify for the tax rebate. The app won't let me modify my configuration, but my understanding of day-1 pricing is:
$52,990 + $1000 blue + $1500 white interior
Am I incorrect?

Thanks again for helping us with this info. I don't mean to be picky, but I could be interested if I could switch to blue/white and qualify for the tax rebate. The app won't let me modify my configuration, but my understanding of day-1 pricing is:
$52,990 + $1000 blue + $1500 white interior
Am I incorrect?
I am 99.9% positive that any day 1 order combination would be under 55K and thus would qualify

Maybe ultra red with white was over 55K?

I am 99.9% positive that any day 1 order combination would be under 55K and thus would qualify

Maybe ultra red with white was over 55K?
Correct. Red/White was the color combo I was waiting on. Now I'm in SG purgatory. I'm honestly happy about my late delivery because it gives me hope that there will be a paint or car price change. I'd rather not have to wrap it.

I really really need someone to try on the photon wheels. The Tesla store is still showing that the 18" snow tires will fit all 2024+ model 3s but I just don't believe it yet. If so, i'm going to get someone's used 18" photon all weathers for my model 3 performance.

When I got my 2018 M3P in September of 2018, here in MN I didn't know, initially, that I needed another set of wheels/tires! I think it was this website that clued me in.
Fortunately, TSportline had a nice set of 19" Wheels/Pirelli winters and I've been swapping ever since. It's getting a bit tiresome (pun intended) to swap and rotate and I'm not looking forward to doubling the workload when my 2024 M3P arrives. I'll definitely go with a square setup, wheels will be 19", I think 18" are too small (possible snow packing around the brakes?), 20" too bumpy and not enough sidewall. Not sure of the tire width yet.
Let us know what you go with!
TSportline is nice because they sell the wheel and tire as a package so I'm considering them. I don't really care what the wheels will look like since it'll just be a winter set. I'll be looking around for wheel/tire combos and hopefully there will be some nice sales.

I’m sure this was posted someplace in the 517 pages, but for those that know, if I want to make a change to my order, but both the app and site won’t allow changes when I click manage order, is that because financing has been done and approved already. ?
The financing is only good for 90 days in Canada, so after that expires, will the manage order button then allow for changes ?
Just occurred to me that perhaps Tesla does not allow Canadian customers to change their orders?