Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At some point, demand for the M3P will exhaust itself. The tax incentive qualification will keep demand up much longer than the 3SR and 3LR unless Tesla manages to get those trims qualified. Q4 is a longtime from today, especially for those who are waiting on an order, but there will be M3Ps sitting in inventory across the country by the middle of Q4 unless Tesla seriously screws around with production. And, by the end of the year, the Model Y refresh will be anticipated for 2025 with all trims qualified for the tax incentive and the Highland M3 will be yesterday's news.

Went to pick up delivery today. So far so good, unfortunately there appears to be caulk in the headlight. Kinda odd, there was also a chip by the handle. I reported it and was asked to go to the show room and they can take a look. Waiting for feedback

Attachments

• 20240612_125118.jpg
    20240612_125118.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20240612_124301.jpg
    20240612_124301.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240612_124303.jpg
    20240612_124303.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 3
No problem. On my phone, so can’t see it. Have you been by to local SA and heard if they had any updates. Looks like a few other people in the thread took delivery at Cleveland and Cinci.
I talked to a SA from my delivery location on Monday evening and they told me my car was in transit on a truck coming from Cleveland to Michigan. It sounds like a handful were delivered to the Ohio area. Ordered 4-23 SG/blk, got my vin last Friday and my Edd from day one only jumped around to from the end of may to different weeks in June, never pushed out past that. So if you have a June Edd I think there is a good chance your vin is coming soon.

• Informative
Reactions: arkhos and mpgxsvcd
No problem. On my phone, so can’t see it. Have you been by to local SA and heard if they had any updates. Looks like a few other people in the thread took delivery at Cleveland and Cinci.
Thanks for the suggestion. That location (the closest to me) is a little under two hours drive. I have not stopped by there. I also haven't tried to call. I didn't think they'd have much to do for me since I don't have a VIN.

The overall logistics might be tied up given the massive MY production/delivery push, but there isn't necessarily any reason to prioritize MY over M3P production, given that the M3P is, on average, priced higher than the MY (excluding the MYP). I would think that in addition to overall production/unit figures for Q2, Tesla also cares about profit margin. If so, they should produce the MY and M3P in the order reserved, and not necessarily prioritize the MY just because of 0.99% financing bonanza. Besides, from what I understand, Tesla works out this financing with external banks, so the interest rate shouldn't factor into the equation. If for some reason, they earn some revenue from financing (perhaps a percentage, but I really don't know?), then the M3P would be prioritized, as the interest rate is far higher than what was offered recently for the MY.
When I picked mine I found out the car was manufactured the day that they assigned my VIN. They only have so many production lines in Fremont, every time when they need to make a batch of a specific model, they need to make adjustments on production line, something like adjust robots, parts, torques specs, software etc, you name it. Overall, the ratio of overall car sales in the US is SUV to Sedan 4:1. Although this showroom can give us the feeling of soooo many M3p orders are waiting to be fulfilled, there are a lot more MY orders out there. That could explain that they made a big batch 3 weeks ago and now they are not make a new batch until a later time. Another piece of info: When I picked up mine yesterday, on the delivery area, there are 4 MYs being delivered and only 1 M3 at that moment.

Maybe! I don't see any others in this area in tracking sheet but the sheet is not everyone. It's just you and cdubois in the area that might be picking up in the area. I'm assuming Buffalo, NY has their own pickup location? Albany, NY might be picking up from Verona also.
Albany picks up from Mt Kisco normally. It's the same distance as the reservation but with less gotchas.

• Informative
Reactions: Gasaraki
I talked to a SA from my delivery location on Monday evening and they told me my car was in transit on a truck coming from Cleveland to Michigan. It sounds like a handful were delivered to the Ohio area. Ordered 4-23 SG/blk, got my vin last Friday and my Edd from day one only jumped around to from the end of may to different weeks in June, never pushed out past that. So if you have a June Edd I think there is a good chance your vin is coming soon.
Wouldn’t they have assigned the VIN though before that batch being delivered? Doesn’t make sense to ship some M3P to diff locations prior to even giving the VIN. But maybe I am mistaken? I’m not sure how they do it.

yesterday is changed from Jun 13-30 to Jun 20-30. No change today
I've been on that Jun 20-30 window for the past week as well (UR/White, 4/30 order, San Francisco)...

I'm starting to think EDDs are less of a date estimate and more of a confidence level to have delivery on the target month/quarter; so Jun 20-30 seems like the lowest confidence we'll get delivery in June, while tighter/closer EDDs would mean higher confidence... so we're being slotted into confidence buckets more than dates 🤔

let's see if several of us on this latest bucket move together!

Went to pick up delivery today. So far so good, unfortunately there appears to be caulk in the headlight. Kinda odd, there was also a chip by the handle. I reported it and was asked to go to the show room and they can take a look. Waiting for feedback
Did you yell to the SA that someone left caulk in the headlight? I'd have paid to see their faces when you said that.