Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if anyone can do the transition lenses style tint. I actually legitimately have hypersensitivity to light but always found using heavy sunglasses easier since I can remove them at night, but with FSD getting a no nag feature if it can see your eyes, that might make tinting worth it but only if it wouldn't too dark at night.
Does something like that exist? That would be awesome, albeit probably really expensive.

I noticed that my car had 9 miles on it when I took delivery. I was sort of surprised since most people who take delivery get it with around 4 miles on the odo. The Trips tab also stated that the Wh/mi for the 9 miles was 440.

I checked the service section of the app yesterday and found that my car was actually sent to the service center first before being brought to the delivery center. The service summary just says:

"NA M3 2024+ Performance Firmware Update to 2024.14.7+"

I assume that's to bring it into EPA compliance. It apparently checked out of service yesterday at 2:45 PM and was ready for pickup at the delivery center by the time I arrived a couple hours later.

I mention all this because the service center is almost exactly 5 miles away from the delivery center over here. Seems like it was initially delivered to the service center for the update and then was manually driven by someone over to the delivery center to prepare same-day (which would explain the 9 miles instead of the typical 4 on the odo). They seemed to be having a bit of fun on the trip too, given the 440 Wh/mi.

I don't mind, just found it interesting.

Interesting.... almost everyone has been having their late June EDDs pushed out to July-August, and you had yours moved sooner, even being a Midwest state which is more surprising. What's your order date and config?

SG/black here, ordered 4/23 @ 9:30pmEST, Midwest, EDD still hanging strong at 6/20-6/30 while I see everyone else get pushed out. Just waiting for mine to get pushed out as well.
They haven't Lucy'd my EDD, yet. Still 6/13-6/30.
1718286997941.png

Hmm that is two PNW, both in White/Black. Once is by chance, twice is a coincidence, can we get “three times” to show a pattern?

Either way I think this is good news for those EDDs on the west coast before the end of the month. Definitely good news for you guys, congrats!! Stoked for you!!
I can feel it in my plums that we’ll see a pattern throughout the day!

Gotcha, protecting your Tesla M3P seats from kiddo car seats is smart thinking! Yeah, you don't wanna mess with the safety of those seats, but there are seat covers out there that offer a good balance. Like TESERY's Tesla seat covers for Model 3 Highland—they're made to keep your seats in tip-top shape while still being safe. They're easy to clean, which is a total win with two little ones. Plus, they look pretty sleek too. Take a gander at 'em.

View attachment 1056174
Those are not even for the correct seats...

Seems like it's been quite a while since seeing a vin for anyone with a 4/23 order. Wondering how many day 1 orders still don't have vins vs just not having been updated on the tracker after a vin was issued. Should we add a last update/checked column to the tracker to see what data is current?
I’m a day one order within the first hour and I got a VIN at 430 this am