Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saying that is what I would do. And its not as much of an impact to remove some plastic covers than it would be to purchase new wheels.
I know, guess I can try it and see how I like the look in person, personally ya i dont care about range but think it just looks better with them on. Just seems like a huge oversight from tesla and I am sure they will prob change the material or how they fit on the revision of this car in a month or 2 after all the issues being reported

I know, guess I can try it and see how I like the look in person, personally ya i dont care about range but think it just looks better with them on. Just seems like a huge oversight from tesla and I am sure they will prob change the material or how they fit on the revision of this car in a month or 2 after all the issues being reported
I, too, personally like how the wheels look with the covers on as well.

Reactions: Sandee3 and arkhos
As far as to the damage that Tesla said was his fault…..he wasn’t very clear on what the actual damage was. I thought as first it was to the underside of the car, but he kept talking about the rims??

I think his front skid plate was broken and Tesla was trying to say it broke because you bottomed out the car and hit something that broke your front skid plate and also damaged your wheel, e.g, deep/wide pothole etc.

He also mentioned his top glass needing to be replaced because it was never seated correctly. So just some random stuff to be aware of when picking up our cars.

I'm not here to judge him or Tesla as I wasn't there to know all the facts nor do I care. I just don't want to potentially be in a position where I miss something and have to spend my time/life running around fixing other people's F ups, hence why delivery day checklists were created and why it's a good idea to watch these video's and see if you can learn something from it.

Hi guys. New here. Ordered an M3P (Stealth Grey/White interior) on 6/9 after test driving a RWD on 6/8. First Tesla!

EDD Jul-Aug. Kinda hoping it's August as I'll be at the beach for the second half of July and would hate to be away come delivery time 😄
My guy, there are people on this forum who ordered DAY 1 and haven't received their VINs yet. You'd be lucky to get the car by September, lol.

Oh i agree on that. If i hear any creaking the covers will immediately come off. Not having that crap. I do have to admit i kinda like how they look with the covers removed.

I think his front skid plate was broken and Tesla was trying to say it broke because you bottomed out the car and hit something that broke your front skid plate and also damaged your wheel, e.g, deep/wide pothole etc.

He also mentioned his top glass needing to be replaced because it was never seated correctly. So just some random stuff to be aware of when picking up our cars.

I'm not here to judge him or Tesla as I wasn't there to know all the facts nor do I care. I just don't want to potentially be in a position where I miss something and have to spend my time/life running around fixing other people's F ups, hence why delivery day checklists were created and why it's a good idea to watch these video's and see if you can learn something from it.
The top glass issue was on his previous Tesla

Reactions: Raptor911
Hi guys. New here. Ordered an M3P (Stealth Grey/White interior) on 6/9 after test driving a RWD on 6/8. First Tesla!

EDD Jul-Aug. Kinda hoping it's August as I'll be at the beach for the second half of July and would hate to be away come delivery time 😄
Hope so for your sake. I ordered on 5/22 and it said June, then went to July 18-Aug 22, then Aug 16-Sep 27. I got the same config as you.

Coming from a 2020 LR Model 3, it's truly incredible how much this car has evolved over the past 4 years. I think most people (aka non-owners) think oh the Model 3 is still the same car design (at least up through 2023) as originally introduced.

They tweaked everything, refinement, quality, efficiency, all for the better. It's still the same car but as I'm getting used to the new one now (took delivery wednesday) Every time I get in i'm like oh wow, that's different, that's better, etc.

Of course I still find myself reaching for the drive stalks 🙃

4/23/2024 10:55 AM PT order
Seattle area
Still no VIN

Will be my 6th new Tesla. Doesn't seem to help get a VIN.
Was: Jun 13-Jun 30
Now: Jun 14-Jun 28

When most of the time they just bump the start date by 1 day so that it's no longer in the past, that really doesn't inspire confidence the range means anything at all. It's more like an automated script that removes days from the range that are clearly no longer relevant.

Eventually it'll be "Jun 28-Jun 28" and they'll bump it to "Jun 29-Jun 29" on the 29th.

Reactions: arkhos
Got to love this thread all sorts on what expensive expensive adder (wrap, wheel, etc) to add to the unnecearry toy we are buying. Folowed by financial advise on the best way to blow our money on the toy. We are buying a new highech premium car and putting extra toppings on top. Finically its wether we are getting punched in the gut, or pimp slapped across the face. Sure there's optimizations, but its like ordering my 32oz rare stake and loaded bake potato with a Diet Coke. I am blowing my money on something fun I really like, just like a kid on that new game system. ( just a lot more expensive but at least it has a built in IRL and digital game system.)

Man, I read this 3 times, and I'm still trying to understand...

Me too, let me know when we have a translation Lol...

It seemed pretty clear to me what was being said (unless I got it wrong, if so, hopefully @sgtauto will correct me).

To paraphrase what was said, its:

==============================

"Wow, look at all the people in this thread spending additional money on this car to put add ons like Tint and Wraps and stuff on it. From a Financial perspective, a car like this is an expensive toy that no one really needs, we just all want it.

Putting all this additional stuff on there is like an additional punch in the gut, as far as finances go. I am blowing my money like a little kid does on a game system, but at least this game has both a digital and in real life system."

==============================