Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I'm hoping for as well. My EDD changed to 6/13 to 6/27 a week ago and has been creeping one day forward starting on 6/13. Now it's 6/15 to 6/28. Given that we are both PHX deliveries, maybe there is some logic to this (i.e., we are in the same batch/delivery). I don't see you on the tracker. What's your order date and config?
I put myself on the tracker a few days ago. 5/30 Blue/White.

Reactions: arkhos
What a freaking day!

Was in bed this morning reading and my SA called. He tells he sees an available White/black M3P at a Tesla dealership 25 miles from his store. If I want it, he can make it happen BUT there is one catch .. the $7500 tax credit will NOT apply. Please note, I ordered on 5/1 and the build he sees does apply BUT he says .. if you buy this one .. it is at the current pricing level and not at the pricing level when I ordered.

I pleaded with him to make it happen and he says he can not.

After getting up, I tried to look for that available white/black M3P on my app and online and I do not see it. Hell, I will just drive to this Tesla dealership and beg them. As I am driving there, my SA calls me again. He tells me there is an employee at his store and he may not take his M3P and he is deciding now. If he gives it up, it is yours. And this one does get the $7500 (SG/black). We hang up and he calls me 5 mins later .. the employee decided to take it.

GRRRRR!

I get to this other Tesla dealership and they have 2 available: White/black & UR/black. I can take either BUT again the $7500 will not apply. See pic below.

I am told these are the ONLY 2 available M3P in the entire Metro DC area (at the Silver Spring MD location)

I changed my order from SG/black to White/black. Let's see if the Tesla AI monkey assigns the one below to me over the next 2 days ... assuming someone does not buy it this afternoon or tomorrow.

1718483798498.png

Last edited:
What a freaking day!

Was in bed this morning reading and my SA called. He tells he sees an available White/black M3P at a Tesla dealership 25 miles from his store. If I want it, he can make it happen BUT there is one catch .. the $7500 tax credit will NOT apply. Please note, I ordered on 5/1 and the build he sees does apply BUT he says .. if you buy this one .. it is at the current pricing level and not at the pricing level when I ordered.

After getting up, I tried to look for that available white/black M3P on my app and online and I do not see it. Hell, I will just drive to this Tesla dealership and beg them. As I am driving there, my SA calls me again. He tells me there is an employee at my store and he may not take his M3P and he is deciding now. If he gives it up, it is yours. And this one does get the $7500 (SG/black). We hang up and he calls me 5 mins later .. the employee decided to take it.

GRRRRR!

I get to this other Tesla dealership and they have 2 available: White/black & UR/black. I can take either BUT again the $7500 will not apply. See pic below.

I am told these are the ONLY 2 available M3P in the entire Metro DC area (at the Silver Spring MD location)

I changed my order from SG/black to White/black. Let's see if the Tesla AI monkey assigns the one below to me over the next 2 days ... assuming someone does not buy it this afternoon or tomorrow.

View attachment 1056830
Its messed up that they're trying to sling it at the new pricing. They should just tag it to your order. Good luck with the app attempt.

What a freaking day!

After getting up, I tried to look for that available white/black M3P on my app and online and I do not see it. Hell, I will just drive to this Tesla dealership and beg them. As I am driving there, my SA calls me again. He tells me there is an employee at his store and he may not take his M3P and he is deciding now. If he gives it up, it is yours. And this one does get the $7500 (SG/black). We hang up and he calls me 5 mins later .. the employee decided to take it.

GRRRRR!

View attachment 1056830
How you find these 2 on the website?

My SA sent that to me. I told him he must see inventory that the public does not have access to.

I am convinced there are available M3Ps out there but at full price. The public can not see where they are.
They must be cars that get sent to a location but later don't get sold for whatever reason. That would explain why the local store is slinging it vs Tesla managing it.

My SA sent that to me. I told him he must see inventory that the public does not have access to.

I am convinced there are available M3Ps out there but at full price. The public can not see where they are.
I think you are right. Basically if you have anything better than launch pricing, you will only get a chance to switch to a SG/white config to keep the < $55K pricing.

If you order today at current prices and don’t order SG/white they happily match you to an inventory car at full price and roll out the red carpet for you.

We suspected the same thing was happening in 2021 when MS and MY prices were being raised weekly. Anyone with older pricing on orders was waiting months while people with current pricing could walk away faster with inventory. Tesla does what it can to make the most money possible.

Interesting from reddit:

1718487705960.png

Here is an audio-based review that states it is not a speaker (this video is about both SR and LR):

Same Youtuber in a discussion about audio configuration saying they notice no sounds coming from there under different audio settings (not sure what trim, but the text says they confirmed with Tesla service that there are no speakers there):

Here is the service manual showing all the speaker locations for the Highland. The only overhead speakers are located at the front, one at each corner, not between the B pillars:
| Tesla

And finally, as mentioned already by another comment below, it is a telematics control unit:
| Tesla

It appears to have a fan for cooling, which is why a vent is necessary.

Attachments

• 1718487733929.png
    1718487733929.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 4
Success! I made the 300 mile trek last night to Pittsburgh, got a room at a Holiday Inn Express about a 1/4 mile from the S/C. Didn't get into my room till about 1:30am, up and ready before 7. Had a nice breakfast at a place a good driver from the S/C. Went over about 2 hours early, they were SUPER nice. They moved my delivery time about an hour. The car is perfect, no blemishes. If you're coming from a 2021 M3P this is definitely an upgrade but it's not night and day. The cooling seats are worth the price of admission in my book. They don't blow real hard BUT after 3 plus hours in my return trip I have been very comfortable 😉

Attachments

• 17184880747967174545591196821352.jpg
    17184880747967174545591196821352.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 4