Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the service manual showing all the speaker locations for the Highland. The only overhead speakers are located at the front, one at each corner, not between the B pillars:
| Tesla

Like some other sections of the Highland manual, some stuff is outdated and only applies to the outgoing Model 3. For example, the above shows speakers at the top of the a-pillars. Those are not there anymore.

Some people are getting September dates. Iirc there are a few October dates as well.

If I don’t take delivery in 2024 I will have to cancel my order as I won’t qualify for the incentive next year. I’ll most likely hold on to my current car and re-assess in five or so years how the EV market is.
Be real with yourself the second you get the allocation you’re going to be a Tesla guy

In the past they would deliver. I believe it was 200 miles from closest service center. I have picked one up in Cleveland, one in Clarkston and one in Ann Arbor. Customer service is very hit or miss. I have received very conflicting information before between different calls. So far this info looks like it will delay my delivery by a week. MI you have to pay for the vehicle in full before it can be brought into the state.
What happens if you find issues and reject delivery?

Reactions: arkhos
Not true. Also, screen "protectors" don't protect. Tesla WARNS (not recommends) not to use them. Read your manual
huh, didn't know that.

1718492525689.png

So now that I have my VIN... few questions

1) Is there a M3P specific checklist for taking delivery?

2) Any other tips/advice on what to do next once you get your VIN?

3) In the APP it says "make a final payment". What is this? Can I wait to make this payment until I inspect the car and accept it? Will that delay anything?

Also, just curious what people's thoughts are on the M3P all together after we have had some people take deliveries. I know that no car is perfect, but it still makes me nervous that there is pretty consistent issues with the M3P that people keep mentioning such as...
-Steering wheel not level
-Alignment issue
-Paint defects seem very common
-Panel gaps (I know this has always been an issue, maybe less so with the M3P)
-The noise with the aero caps (guess the only solution to this so far is to take them off?)
-The turn signal buttons getting stuck
-The interior LED ambient lights de laminating
-A noise coming from the dash

Things seem more real now and a little nervous going into delivery knowing these common issues lol

List of issues.
-Steering wheel not level - Mine is fine.
-Alignment issue - Mine is Fine.
-Paint defects seem very common - My paint is as good as my Grand Cherokee and every other car I've had.
-Panel gaps (I know this has always been an issue, maybe less so with the M3P) - None on Mine.
-The noise with the aero caps (guess the only solution to this so far is to take them off?) - I don't have this.
-The turn signal buttons getting stuck - Never happened to me.
-The interior LED ambient lights de laminating - Haven't seen this.
-A noise coming from the dash - I think I do have a rattle, but I'll just find it and fix it, make a service appt, or wait for one of you to find it and then fix it. I'm not even sure there is a rattle. If there is, It's inconsistent. I've only put about 263 miles on it.

-Steering wheel not level - Mine is fine.
-Alignment issue - Mine is Fine.
-Paint defects seem very common - My paint is as good as my Grand Cherokee and every other car I've had.
-Panel gaps (I know this has always been an issue, maybe less so with the M3P) - None on Mine.
-The noise with the aero caps (guess the only solution to this so far is to take them off?) - I don't have this.
-The turn signal buttons getting stuck - Never happened to me.
-The interior LED ambient lights de laminating - Haven't seen this.
-A noise coming from the dash - I think I do have a rattle, but I'll just find it and fix it, make a service appt, or wait for one of you to find it and then fix it.
Nice to see a good experience. I know you're more likely to hear from people who had bad experiences so people with good experiences are less likely to post. It just gets in your head when you see a few posts about the same issues. I guess one of the "pros" of getting a little later of a delivery is you get to know what to look for going into your delivery day.

Reactions: M3PDenver