Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like some January highland orders still don't have VINs. The M3LR now qualifies for the EV incentive federal rebate, which should boost sales quite a bit. We shall see how this plays out with M3P deliveries and delays. A lot of the 6/20 - 6/30 EDDs are approaching their end of quarter dates. It'll be interesting how Q3 will play out.
Wow! 7500 off on the M3LR also? They are going to sell a few

Reactions: arkhos
Tesla switched back to the Panasonic 2170 cells from Nevada in the LR trim…now also eligible for the $7,500 tax credit. That’s huge news. Wonder if many people will switch to the LR now. Now no real downside to the LR if you don’t care about performance
Is there an advantage of the Panasonic batteries for the LR? Well I'm glad I picked up my M3P last week so I don't have to make the decision of LR vs P. Before it was a no brainer.

Reactions: P-Lo801
Is there an advantage of the Panasonic batteries for the LR? Well I'm glad I picked up my M3P last week so I don't have to make the decision of LR vs P. Before it was a no brainer.
The LR trim had LG cells from Korea, which is why it wasn’t eligible for the tax credit. The LR now has the Panasonic cells, same as the P trim, which is why both are eligible for the tax credit now. The Panasonic cells are superior. No worries for you as the P always had them.

My 2021 LR has the Panasonic cells as that used to be what Tesla used until they started selling so many Model Y’s and couldn’t produce enough cells in Nevada. Now they have excess cells bc the Model Y sales have slowed considerably.

Reactions: Raptor911
Wow! 7500 off on the M3LR also? They are going to sell a few
Found a few more January orders. Hopefully all those orders get pumped out for those people soon.

My wife is getting frustrated as I'm on 7 EDDs as of right now. We have a schedule change in August and will be away from home. She said there won't be any accommodations or any schedule changes to pick the car up. She's more pissed because she had a few co-workers slam tesla to her over the weekend on the quality, all the money they lost on the vehicle, and the random EDDs. She was pretty intense about it.

The customer service inconsistency from the SAs made it worse. She brought up how I was told three different delivery locations my car will be at and how I requested to a closer location and they said it was changed, but then a few weeks later a different SA told me they don't do deliveries at that location.

It looks like unless I get a VIN in June or early July, I probably won't be getting a Tesla and will be stuck with my current car...

Reactions: arkhos and hkarthik
Tesla switched back to the Panasonic 2170 cells from Nevada in the LR trim…now also eligible for the $7,500 tax credit. That’s huge news. Wonder if many people will switch to the LR now. Now no real downside to the LR if you don’t care about performance
To quote myself here, I’m seriously considering it. Don’t have to deal with the stupid 20” rims and summer tires…I don’t track either.

Reactions: Jakub1
The LR trim had LG cells from Korea, which is why it wasn’t eligible for the tax credit. The LR now has the Panasonic cells, same as the P trim, which is why both are eligible for the tax credit now. The Panasonic cells are superior. No worries for you as the P always had them.

My 2021 LR has the Panasonic cells as that used to be what Tesla used until they started selling so many Model Y’s and couldn’t produce enough cells in Nevada. Now they have excess cells bc the Model Y sales have slowed considerably.
I know for the M3P the US version with Panasonic has better performance than the non-US cars with LG. Would this be expected with the LR as well or is the motor already getting all it can handle from the LG?

Yeah honestly getting more range, less frequent tire changes, and avoiding all the whipsaw drama around these EDDs is a huge reason to consider switching to an LR.

I am gonna wait and see if I get an M3P VIN by end of week. If not, and I get pushed to Q3, then I will seriously consider switching to LR. Kinda ready to move in with my life instead of constantly refreshing my app, checking this forum, and looking at the tracker.

As of Sunday morning EDD changed again to June 20 - June 30
This constant EDD changing has pretty much killed my excitement. So, "OK Tesla, whenever."
ZOMG I got a VIN today!!! I've uploaded some insurance info (so not to "delay delivery") and now I can't decide whether to bring in a cashiers check or use the odd "plaid" service (so not to "delay delivery").
Are there any fees associated with the plaid service??

Additionally EDD changed yet again June 23 - June 30

To quote myself here, I’m seriously considering it. Don’t have to deal with the stupid 20” rims and summer tires…I don’t track either.
I don't track or particularly want 20" summer tires either. I came from a 2021 LR with AB. I will say the suspension/handling of the M3P is in a completely different league and now feels like a higher end german sports car. It really is fantastic. That being said I have not driven the LR highland which I know also improved. The acceleration in insane mode is fun but my LR with AB was also plenty fast. Although I don't think they are offering AB anymore which would be another reason I personally wouldn't have gone with the LR this time. I couldn't get slower a car!

I don't track or particularly want 20" summer tires either. I came from a 2021 LR with AB. I will say the suspension/handling of the M3P is in a completely different league and now feels like a higher end german sports car. It really is fantastic. That being said I have not driven the LR highland which I know also improved. The acceleration in insane mode is fun but my LR with AB was also plenty fast. Although I don't think they are offering AB anymore which would be another reason I personally wouldn't have gone with the LR this time. I couldn't get slower a car!
Same as me…2021 LR w/ AB. How is the suspension ride quality/comforr and seats? Some have said the LR seats are more comfortable for longer drive bc the side bolsters on the P dig into you (may soften overtime)

Yeah honestly getting more range, less frequent tire changes, and avoiding all the whipsaw drama around these EDDs is a huge reason to consider switching to an LR.

I am gonna wait and see if I get an M3P VIN by end of week. If not, and I get pushed to Q3, then I will seriously consider switching to LR. Kinda ready to move in with my life instead of constantly refreshing my app, checking this forum, and looking at the tracker.
This will be my last resort as there's a few M3LRs in my area I can switch too. Hopefully it'll be a same day pickup, because I'm literally on the verge of not getting a tesla at all from the wife getting pissed at all of this. I'm going to give it until the start of July then change my order.

LR won't need tire swaps every winter, it'll have better efficiency, smoother ride, will withstand pot holes better, cheaper tires, tires will last longer, cheaper insurance, and it's plenty quick. Also like you mentioned no non-sense with the EDDs.

Reactions: hkarthik
RED/WHITE available now at St.Pete location!!!!
This isn’t on the site or app. I always check every now and then since I live 5 min away. MFG date 5/23

Attachments

• AFFD7833-0828-4671-B1E3-CD0AFB558CD2.jpeg
    AFFD7833-0828-4671-B1E3-CD0AFB558CD2.jpeg
    682.4 KB · Views: 4
  • B04DB61E-AC96-4F31-BE25-D82B46DFE280.jpeg
    B04DB61E-AC96-4F31-BE25-D82B46DFE280.jpeg
    765.8 KB · Views: 3
Same as me…2021 LR w/ AB. How is the suspension ride quality/comforr and seats? Some have said the LR seats are more comfortable for longer drive bc the side bolsters on the P dig into you (may soften overtime)
The suspension is probably overall a little firmer than my 2021 LR but at the same time not as bouncy or skittish over bumps so it's mixed it terms of comparing comfort. I also don't know how much of the increased firmness is the suspension vs the tires. The seats feel like they are hugging you and supporting you better but at the same time not quite as soft so probably a little less comfortable for long trips unless they soften up over time. I'm thin (5'10'' and 170lbs) but don't feel that the side bolsters are digging into me. That could be different for a bigger person though.

Reactions: Jeremy3292