Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, if it is because of a battery change, then any car showing rebate eligible has the new pack already. Is that the consensus?

To answer a question above, no I haven’t checked each car, but in the morning, none of them showed eligible and then every car i did search after the news got out showed it was. I haven’t gone back, but i guess i will in a bit here.

Reactions: SnipeAT
Most of the inventory LRs that have been sitting for a while wouldn't qualify for the tax credit as those were built with the LG battery pack. I suspect only recently built ones were built with the panasonic batteries in anticipation of the move, so right now, those are few and far between until manufacturing of them gets ramped up.

That makes sense now (current day)... but I was replying to a post that said some people are still waiting for VINs for their 2024 LR since January. No one knew the LR would get the tax credit until today so how have people been waiting for a 2024 LR VIN for 5+ months when they are in inventory everywhere and have been for months?

That makes sense now (current day)... but I was replying to a post that said some people are still waiting for VINs for their 2024 LR since January. No one knew the LR would get the tax credit until today so how have people been waiting for a 2024 LR VIN for 5+ months when they are in inventory everywhere and have been for months?
Ah my bad, I took yours out of context. I get what you're saying. That does seem odd that people with LR highland orders since January are still waiting on VINs when there are an abundance of them sitting in inventory.

Reactions: hkarthik
I think everyone waiting still was waiting on WHITE interiors.
Not sure why but those were delayed.
Anyone who ordered Black I am sure got their car long ago and I suspect all of the Inventory cars you see have black interiors as well.

Reactions: sgtauto
So, if it is because of a battery change, then any car showing rebate eligible has the new pack already. Is that the consensus?

To answer a question above, no I haven’t checked each car, but in the morning, none of them showed eligible and then every car i did search after the news got out showed it was. I haven’t gone back, but i guess i will in a bit here.
The inventory in your region may be different ; when I click on each car for details that is Model 3 LR and shows as in inventory in MA
I see this:

Eligible for $7,500 EV Lease Incentive and Business Tax Credit only
highlighted below the vehicle price

And if anyone is still waiting they are canceling to get the Panasonic LR to get the 7500
Yeah… I’ve been checking in on the 2024 highland white interior thread every now and then and there are still a bunch of people ordered RWD and still waiting. At this point why wouldn’t you switch to LR for like 500 bucks more or whatever it is? I suspect LR demand going through the roof.

When I was sitting on the fence about the 3P I told the SA - if you had the fed credit on the LR that would be a done deal. No brainer. I’m still glad for the 3P with all the added features but to be honest, if this was like last gen 3P vs LR I would have serious buyer regret right now.

anyone have their EDD go away?

Mine was saying July – August now it says we will let you know when you can schedule delivery date. This bad?

Attached is a screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_9264.png
    IMG_9264.png
    357.2 KB · Views: 2
That's too bad, you were probably a few days away from an updated EDD and a VIN. Best case scenario, you get what you want, don't have to wait. I just hope somewhere down the road you don't regret the choice to go full baller with the M3P.
Could be a few days, could be next month, could be in in October for all we know. No one has a crystal ball for their VINs, I've had seven EDDs since I ordered. I was already pushed back to late July - August.

I just know one is available right now, that is the difference between the two.

News about the LR being tax credit eligible is great. Hopefully clears the queue for M3P as the buyers optimizing for the tax credit switch their orders out.

Not gonna lie, I am also considering it. Another EDD delay and I might do it.
I said to myself when I ordered that the only reason I got the performance was due to it being cheaper than the LR. Now I have to find out if I meant it... My delivery center has LRs in stock and I have the rest of the week off of work.

I said to myself when I ordered that the only reason I got the performance was due to it being cheaper than the LR. Now I have to find out if I meant it... My delivery center has LRs in stock and I have the rest of the week off of work.
Total game changer with this new rebate on the LRs. That was my only rationale when I get the M3P. Pick em up before someone else does! This is how ordering a car should be like, place an order then pick up on lot same day.

I'm starting to get my Tesla anticipation finally back after all the EDD changes killed it and the frustrated wife.

Reactions: hkarthik