Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oof to the people changing to LR. you were probably within a week or two of getting a vin if you ordered in April
Interesting to see all the people changing to LR. I get it. Not everyone is that into max performance and you can save a decent chunk of money now that the LR qualifies. For me, I would never consider anything but the P. I "compromised" and got the LR in 2021 and I'm not going to compromise this time. I want the power. I want track mode. The wheels. The brakes. The seats. The rear spoiler. The rear diffuser. The front diffuser. All of it!

Interesting to see all the people changing to LR. I get it. Not everyone is that into max performance and you can save a decent chunk of money now that the LR qualifies. For me, I would never consider anything but the P. I "compromised" and got the LR in 2021 and I'm not going to compromise this time. I want the power. I want track mode. The wheels. The brakes. The seats. The rear spoiler. The rear diffuser. The front diffuser. All of it!
I think a lot of people only bought the P bc “why not” when it was the same price. Now the LR is $7,500 cheaper, making it harder to justify the P if you didn’t really care about it to begin with.

Also I don’t think you compromised on the 2021 LR, same one I got. The P wasn’t worth it at that time. Very small differences other than some more horses 0-60, and then fell flat anyways

I think a lot of people only bought the P bc “why not” when it was the same price. Now the LR is $7,500 cheaper, making it harder to justify the P if you didn’t really care about it to begin with.
RWD orders will immediately switch to the LR and some M3P will switch to the LR now.

People holding off due to the LR price from lack of rebate might order one now.

This will really stir up the M3P EDDs and VIN assignment.

That’s a suicidal business decision
I disagree. Having some models of vehicles that are out of the cost range of some people does not instantly make it a "suicidal business decision".

You can buy a very basic, entry level Mercedes for ~35k. You can also buy a G-wagon for 140k. Having the G-wagon for 140k isn't instantly a bad business decision just because the average person can't afford it.

You get a LOT with the M3P. If they would have released it at 60k with no EV tax incentive, I guarantee you a crap ton of people still would have purchased and will still purchase it if the price goes above the EV tax incentive.

Just my thoughts, though.

Reactions: Gasaraki
I think what Tesla is really struggling with is they over forecasted the Model Y sales and under forecasted the Model 3 sales. People are very sensitive to the “age” of cars, meaning refreshes to the body and interior, and Tesla doesn’t really get that yet. People want to see changes and new things, not the same thing for 4 years. And that is usually shown in exterior body changes, not just like “hey the rims are now black instead of silver.”

I bet we see a price hike on the M3P now that they have an option for the tax credit. And, maybe even a Ludicrous Speed software unlock?
This is possible. But I can also see the opposite happening. They may revert to the earlier $52,990 price to increase M3P demand, while also keeping LR demand high, which was obviously low for a month or two. With a base model price gap of $5,500 between the two models, this seems like a "middle ground" price structure. We've seen plenty of evidence that several people only bought the M3P due to the fact that it was, temporarily, priced below the LR. The M3P price increase to just below the $55K cap was driven by massive, early demand given the tax incentive for the P and lack thereof on the LR. With this gone, I don't suspect they'll raise the 3P price anytime soon. But who really knows? They'll probably just leave the price as is. LOL.

10% and that might be high

If you mean you think 10% of all orders for a model 3 performance that tesla has received are on the tracker here, It would be my opinion thats estimate is extremely high. There are 442 lines on the tracker. If that was 10% off all orders, that would mean Tesla only had 4,442 orders for model 3 performance, across the US.

My guess is more like 2 or maybe 3%.

And pedal cover LOLOL

• Funny
Reactions: P-Lo801
They may revert to the earlier $52,990 price to increase M3P demand, while also keeping LR demand high, which was obviously low for a month or two. With a base model price gap of $5,500 between the two models, this seems like a "middle ground" price structure. We've seen plenty of evidence that several people only bought the M3P due to the fact that it was, temporarily, priced below the LR. The M3P price increase to just below the $55K cap was driven by massive, early demand given the tax incentive for the P and lack thereof on the LR. With this gone, I don't suspect they'll raise the 3P price anytime soon. But who really knows? They'll probably just leave the price as is. LOL.
They will absolutely drop the price after the summer car buying months as we move into the fall and winter. They match production to demand (Elon has said as much).

Reactions: Dr.DMP3
also, not many people would want the staggered Summer setup.

Do you mean that Tesla customers who are undecided on what model to buy, generally speaking, don't want this setup?

Or do you mean that those who are *already* buying the M3P don't want that wheel/tire setup?

For those who have already made the decision to go with the M3P, I feel that it's "required" (i.e., not a want, but a need, for the car to perform according to it's specs/potential).

Attachments

• Tesla info....jpeg
    Tesla info....jpeg
    308.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: M3PDenver
Got my vin today thanks to raptor911 . Have to make a 5 hour trip but better than waiting until aug or sept . If your looking for a black and white they have one in Maryland for people on east coast .
I just did the same trip but Philly to Pittsburgh. I had less than 24 hours between VIN assignment and delivery time. Hopefully you're getting a little advanced notice.