Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you guys really sure the reason for the tax credit change on the LR is because of a battery source change and not because of the requirements being loosened on certain materials used for the pack by the IRS?
All the inventory near me shows available for the tax credit. There is no date restriction on the fuel economy.gov site saying it has to have a certain battery.
All the news sources say it is because of the regulations changing. No mention of a different pack being used.
Where do you see inventory near you? I'm not seeing that option in the App

IMG_4090.jpeg

The day has finally come. See you tomorrow 🚀🚀🚀

Concerns here are true. Plaid agreement states it will retain access to your account. Participating banks have no way to stop it either because Plaid has them install a proprietary API for their use. When you "link" Plaid, you are issuing them a login token based on your current password and PIN to your account. The only way to break Plaid from continuing to see all your activity is to submit a ticket to them to purge all their records of your account and to change your password and online PIN .

You should be aware, you aren't granting permission for them to just submit an ACH request on your behalf, you are granting them permission to all your available past and future transaction history as well.

Bring a cashier's check.

Never trust FinTech startups.
Only on the account number it’s granted through…I use an account that only sees money that Plaid then transfers from and no other transactions are done through this account. I got tangled up in a franchise nightmare and learned from that mistake how to protect my accounts from the likes of these contractual granted access to accounts. Plaid is handy but I would never give them full access to and account with more than the minimum deposit which is $10 in my case.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Oof to the people changing to LR. you were probably within a week or two of getting a vin if you ordered in April
I haven't switched yet but I think I am...and it isn't about delay at this point. Just objectively looking at cost. $7500 cheaper plus 12.5% more range plus the cost savings on tires which is another ~$1,000 savings every 2 years. I don't use the track and the speed would be fun but I'm a dad of 2 little kids so I doubt I'd use it THAT much. I'm not an overly aggressive driver, 4.2 0-60 is plenty for me. I miss out on the nicer seats, carbon trim, and much better looking wheels. However those things aren't worth the $10k+ cost difference over the course of ownership.

Reactions: Jakub1 and hkarthik
I haven't switched yet but I think I am...and it isn't about delay at this point. Just objectively looking at cost. $7500 cheaper plus 12.5% more range plus the cost savings on tires which is another ~$1,000 savings every 2 years. I don't use the track and the speed would be fun but I'm a dad of 2 little kids so I doubt I'd use it THAT much. I'm not an overly aggressive driver, 4.2 0-60 is plenty for me. I miss out on the nicer seats, carbon trim, and much better looking wheels. However those things aren't worth the $10k+ cost difference over the course of ownership.

You should switch. I'm glad to see that the regular dual motor is now tax credit eligible because I think theres alot of people that were ordering the performance, that really don't need it, nor do they have experience in a performance car with low profile summer tires, etc. I"m not saying that to sound like a snob, its just totally unnecessary for ALOT of people.

The LR doesn't have cooled seats?
Im pretty sure it does (I hate cooled seats though so havent looked into that). Its a 2 part quote from @JaxChris though, and both people who responded to them only focused on the first part.

the second part of the quote is:

Guys don't want heated seats, they want cooled seats. Especially (with) insanely comfy bolsters with tons of huggable give in them.

I added the word "with" in the quote with quotations, because thats how I read it and how it looks like it was intended to read, to me. So, @JaxChris is basically putting forth the opinion that the cooled seats in the model 3 performance have comfortable bolsters, with huggable give, and feel different than the non performance trim seats.

I havent sat in any highland model 3 , neither a performance or non performance trim, but reports here seem to be people really loving the performance seats. Even if I end up with a highland performance trim model 3, cooled seats is not something I like. I have had them before, and all they did was make me feel .. uncomfortable from the sensation.

I also dont like air conditioning blowing directly on me, either so there is that.