Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How soon before you car is delivered do they typically send you the option to schedule a delivery day?

I got my VIN last week. EDD is 6/28-6/30

I went to my delivery location yesterday and they said it’s leaving the factory and expected to arrive early next week

Just curious when I can expect to get a message to schedule delivery. Do they usually wait until they physically receive the car?
I got a call last night to schedule for next wednesday. Got my vin last week

For people in OKC SC three performances 3's are heading your way. (UR/W, UR/B and Blue/B) I Am disappointed that one wasn't mine.. UR/B but not having a VIN and ordered 4/23 :( ... but congrats to the three. Should be in OKC early afternoon.
SC 1.jpg

This might be unpopular opinion, but I was actually disappointed after seeing UR in person. Way too burgundy/maroon for my taste.
I'm with you. When they were prepping my Cybertruck I was sitting in the showroom staring at the rear of an LR Ultra Red Model 3. I think the color is beautiful and looks great on the S but I feel somehow it doesn't flow and look good on the rear and the sides. The front in UR is killer awesome but something about the rest of the car just doesn't work for me in UR. I can't put my finger on it. Originally I held off ordering because I wanted red/white with the fed credit. Now because I waited too long I'm in the SG camp. :/

Reactions: blinkme323
How soon before you car is delivered do they typically send you the option to schedule a delivery day?

I went to my delivery location yesterday and they said it’s leaving the factory and expected to arrive early next week

Just curious when I can expect to get a message to schedule delivery. Do they usually wait until they physically receive the car?
I bet your stagging area is Chicago, what happens is transport trucks are bidding to deliver to your local SC and depending on who wins the bid and what their schedule is its a little up in the air on delivery timing . I do know you have to make final payment before it crosses state line.

Oh and congrats on your VIn.... Now I feel like the ugly step child

i recently did a spreadsheet for my local tint shops. based on my many hours of Googling, youtube-ing, Llumar seems to be the best and proven history. My M3P is sitting in s detail shop getting tints an Stek PPF.

Not many shops offer Llumar. i was close to settling for 3M
i would get Kavaca instead of Xpel.

here's a Reddit post:

Want to know a secret about window tint? Almost all brands are reboxes of the big names (Eastman, Solar Gard, Garware, and a couple of smaller ones.). Let me break it down a bit further.

Eastman (made in South Korea)
  • Autobahn
  • LLumar
  • Gila
  • Black Magic
  • SunTek
Garware (made in India)

Global
  • XPEL
  • Kavaca
  • HITEK
  • Helios
  • GeoShield
There are no domestically produced (US) film companies. ASWF is based in the south, however, their product appears to be Chinese in origin and has a very high failure rate. There are publically available records through customs that aligns with this.

Focus on TSER - Total Solar Energy Rejection. That includes heat, UV/IR ray, and other metrics. Heat rejection is just how much heat penetrates the glass versus what bounced back.

Moral - they all are mostly the same aside from slight differences (i.e. polymer color change, adhesive strength, etc.) so choose whichever has the numbers and customer service to your liking.
Thanks man. I’m leaning towards Kavaca to try it out. I’ll search for your spreadsheet.

I got a message to schedule delivery several hours after I got my VIN. A friend who works for Tesla ran my VIN and told me that it was sitting on the Fremont lot, getting ready to be loaded onto a trailer. So I scheduled mine even before it got loaded onto the truck.

Reactions: SnipeAT
It was June 17-June 27th, it kept adding a day for the last week. Finally today it assigned me a Vin. EOQ push is real.

FWIW the Irvine delivery center has a sg/wh available if anyone is interested. Currently in transit
View attachment 1057520
Same with me. Doing the tasks in the app right now. The app is quoting me June 19 - June 26. Wonder if it will narrow once I complete my pre delivery tasks.

For those wondering, I had my finance option as CASH. Switched to 3P financing once I got the VIN since I was approved for a loan when I ordered. Switch was no problem. Loan is for most of the payment, just have to pay down payment in the app.

Reactions: bolduser31