Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm with you. When they were prepping my Cybertruck I was sitting in the showroom staring at the rear of an LR Ultra Red Model 3. I think the color is beautiful and looks great on the S but I feel somehow it doesn't flow and look good on the rear and the sides. The front in UR is killer awesome but something about the rest of the car just doesn't work for me in UR. I can't put my finger on it. Originally I held off ordering because I wanted red/white with the fed credit. Now because I waited too long I'm in the SG camp. :/
I also drug my feet too long on ordering UR/B and with the price increase landed on SG/B to qualify for the Federal tax credit. Still happy, but I may change it up with matte PPF. Final decision yet to be made.

Reactions: phantasms
I bet your stagging area is Chicago, what happens is transport trucks are bidding to deliver to your local SC and depending on who wins the bid and what their schedule is its a little up in the air on delivery timing . I do know you have to make final payment before it crosses state line.

Oh and congrats on your VIn.... Now I feel like the ugly step child
I’m fairly certain this staging area is in West Chicago (actual city name) and I drive by it every day to/from work. Sadly I’ve only witnessed truckloads of MYs coming out of there lately. In fairness I never stop longer than the red light at the intersection so I could just be missing by minutes.

It’s for people in the Los Angeles area only. Those of in the SF Bay right next to Fremont are still waiting.
I gotta think they are working up the coast, furthest to closest this week. I've waxed on about being patient and today I am having to take my own medicine. My 4/27 OD still sits with no VIN but I am doing my best to keep the faith that its going to happen this week. My earlier guess for VIN was today/tomorrow and I still believe!!

I took a brief test drive and the m3p’s suspension is less floaty and more sorted when compared to previous years. The sport seats are nice, and interestingly the passenger seat’s ventilation is noticeably stronger. Another immediate difference I noticed is how quiet the cabin is. The steering could be a bit firmer in the highest sport setting. Having the gear selector on the screen is fine, but is not really an improvement over having a stalk since it requires looking at the screen to operate.

For most people, if you have an m3p as recent as a 22 model, it would be ludicrous to eat the depreciation and trade for a ’24. I'm dumb enough to do just that though. Also the free grey color looks fine, it’s just a bit pedestrian in my opinion. Stealth grey. Midnight silver metallic. Ultra super duper radioactive red. Nice names but it’s practically the same shades of grey and red lol. Give us more colors.

Same with me. Doing the tasks in the app right now. The app is quoting me June 19 - June 26. Wonder if it will narrow once I complete my pre delivery tasks.

For those wondering, I had my finance option as CASH. Switched to 3P financing once I got the VIN since I was approved for a loan when I ordered. Switch was no problem. Loan is for most of the payment, just have to pay down payment in the app.
How did you switch to financing? I need to do the same

Picked the car up yesterday. It is so ridiculously fast! I had no fit/finish issues at all. Car was delivered in pristine shape. No panel gaps, scratches, wheel noise, or anything else. I did however scrape the curb with the rims on the way out the parking lot... doh. The guy that is doing my coating and tint today is going to fix it for me cheap. Anyone know of any rim protectors for the new warp wheels to protect me from myself?? LOL.

FYI .. about insurance.

I am with State Farm .. house and 3 cars (bundle) ... tesla is the 4th car. My agent quoted me $553 for 6 months. This is somewhat expensive for me as I am paying $250/6 months (2021 F150 Raptor and 2022 Bronco) and $450/6 months for 2023 Bronco Raptor.

I am selling my 2022 Bronco if anyone is interested
For me, when it was my single car the M3P was like $180/mo (perfect driving record). Dropped to $150-ish with two cars. $92/month, even with a 4 car policy is good! Take it.

Reactions: Raptor911
Here comes the deluge of VINS for west coast people that just ordered yesterday ;)

May need to leave the forum until July 😂

At least I think we have put to bed any thought at all that there is any sort of orderly line for vins, or at least I hope no one is still thinking thats the case.

Just talked to my SA. Big news for everyone waiting still, if you don't mind a showroom car CALL YOURE LOCAL DEALERSHIP. His word were exactly "At the end of each quarter we are allowed to sell the showroom cars, but you have to pick them up within 3 days". He is matching me with SG/W they have in the Showroom. Also these will not show on the app, only their internal system. Also non showroom M3P may not show as available in the app or site also.
1718725269451.png

• Informative
Reactions: sgtauto and ashegam