Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 performance new 18 inch wheel option now avail 7/15/19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man I wish I can let go my Black/Aero/EAP for $39k and get P3-. 10k miles only.

Have to see if I can even sell it for $39k ish. Maybe there is a market at the price since it’s definitely better than Standard Plus.

After taxes (assuming private party sale), title, and destination fees you’re probably looking at close to $15k to upgrade. Unless you have a pile of cash burning a hole in your pocket I’d let this play out a bit longer and see if Tesla provides a way for AWD owners to pay for P software.

Sales advisor has a P3D with 19" wheels for $51.5k. Can't decide if I should pull the trigger or pay another $3.5k for the performance upgrade package.

I drove both AWD and P3D+ and preferred the PUP brakes even in daily driving when I wasn't braking hard. Did anyone else have this experience? Yes I know the regular brakes can lock up the wheels - but the P3D+ brakes still "felt better" to me.

Sales advisor has a P3D with 19" wheels for $51.5k. Can't decide if I should pull the trigger or pay another $3.5k for the performance upgrade package.

I drove both AWD and P3D+ and preferred the PUP brakes even in daily driving when I wasn't braking hard. Did anyone else have this experience? Yes I know the regular brakes can lock up the wheels - but the P3D+ brakes still "felt better" to me.

I’ve driven both and I agree about the braking. Personally I’d save the 3.5k, but if you can tell the difference you probably won’t be AS happy as you’d have been plunking down the 3.5k and getting the driving experience you prefer.

I’ve driven both and I agree about the braking. Personally I’d save the 3.5k, but if you can tell the difference you probably won’t be AS happy as you’d have been plunking down the 3.5k and getting the driving experience you prefer.
For 3.5k you can upgrade the stealth brakes to better than PUP. Mountain Pass offers a great BBK using the stock calipers for under 3k (front and rear). Racing Brake BBK can be had for under 3k to just upgrade the fronts and includes a 6-piston caliper.

Last edited:
After taxes (assuming private party sale), title, and destination fees you’re probably looking at close to $15k to upgrade. Unless you have a pile of cash burning a hole in your pocket I’d let this play out a bit longer and see if Tesla provides a way for AWD owners to pay for P software.

Federal + State rebates makes it $5k better in my case. And you can get credit for DMV fees for vehicle sold. I don’t know if I can sell my MR for $39k ish.

I felt the difference between stock pads+rotors and the MPP BBK - I did rotors first and they had the most noticeable brake pedal feel vs different pads but in other cars, pads alone were a welcome change.. just another data point