Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance "space-saver" kit now available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the MP3 Performance kit and think it's very good value for £250, wheel just lays flat in the boot as the wheel bag has velcro on the bottom so it stays put. Have put the jack and wrench under the boot floor. Plenty of room to stack cases, or other items in the boot. Leave it there all the time ;)

I've got the non performance Road Hero Kit but not used or tested it (only put it in the boot for longer trips)

Simple mod for the Road Hero jack. Angle grinder off the top of the jack's upper surface and cut two grooves in the bottom of a puck so that they mesh. 10 minute job and much more secure, not to mention a bit easier to get under the car with a flat.

Don't suppose you have a pic of the boot when it's in there to gage the amount of space it takes up? Be interested to see coz it def wont sit in the lower trunk.
This is the full kit in its bag.

If I need space in the boot I'll put the jack and other pieces in the lower compartment which will reduce the depth (...or if space is too tight, other luggage can be stored behind, remove the panel over the lower compartment & stand the wheel upright in there),
olbGqJ9.jpg

This is the full kit in its bag.

If I need space in the boot I'll put the jack and other pieces in the lower compartment which will reduce the depth (...or if space is too tight, other luggage can be stored behind, remove the panel over the lower compartment & stand the wheel upright in there),
olbGqJ9.jpg

Sorry to go off topic but have you added the additional carpet layer to the top of the boot? If so, how is it and where did you purchase from?

Sorry to go off topic but have you added the additional carpet layer to the top of the boot? If so, how is it and where did you purchase from?
No, if you mean the underside of the top shelf - at the same time I added a seal kit to doors/frunk/boot I applied panels & strips of this, making sure not to cover any larger holes/slots to reduce the subwoofer impact

2m Roll Car Sound Proofing Noise Heat Insulation Foam Self Adhesive 10mm Thick | eBay

My car has absolutely no wind noise and relatively low road noise below 60mph - whether these things help I can't be sure but they certainly do no harm!

Reactions: Medved_77
Folks,

(One for those who realise that cans of goop and tyre plugs don't get you out of every tyre/wheel damage situation!)

I just thought I should let the M3P owners know that a space-saver wheel/jack/etc. kit - similar to the one already available for the SR+ and LR but which doesn't fit the P's hub - is now available.

https://www.tyremen.co.uk/wheels/18-tesla-model-3-performance-plus-2018-2020-kom-space-saver-kit if you're interested.

Jeremy
Link does not take you to the product mentioned