Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No you don't need a permit. Cost to install one of those or a 50A 240V should range anywhere from $750-$1100 depending on the length of the conduit run. If anyone is charging $1500 or more, they are BS'ing you. Don't fall for it.

Personally, save yourself the $500, and put in a 50A 240V. That $500 pays for 50% of the install, and you won't miss the small difference in charging speed.

You definitely need a permit to install a new circuit like this in most parts of the US. Any electrician will handle the permitting for you...one of the reasons it costs so much to install. (They need to bill you for the time spent meeting with the inspectors.) If you don’t have a required permit, you’ll have difficulty getting insurance to cover you if the charger circuit starts a fire.

I’m personally planning on installing my charger on my own. The permit is about $150 in my area and I’m in the process of applying for it. I definitely do NOT recommend installing it yourself unless you’re very comfortable with electrical work, though...most folks should hire a professional.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ralbright
Thats the same config as me (MSM / White). I ordered on 18.10, but so far Tesla has only said "it will be delivered in december".

I could not get any more info except the VIN, but i see that someone here posted that the M3Ps heading to Norway was confirmed to be on the RCC Amsterdam? Any other norwegians here? :p
I've been given a VIN and told that they expect to deliver all TM3Ps in December, but some might get delayed to early January. Apparently there's a big number of cars coming in.
I'm crossing my fingers for delivery just before Christmas, hopefully with the new license letters (newest registered EV in Norway at the time of writing is an MG, EB89404. I'm hoping for EC11111)

Just checked my Tesla Account. The delivery date has changed again. I ordered M3P White with Black Int on Oct 24th. Southern California.

Original Delivery date was Dec 12th - Dec 31st. Then it changed to Current date - Dec 5th.

Now it's changed back to Dec 12th - Dec 31st again. Thanks for getting my hopes!!! :D:D:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(

My guess is that everyone else on the West Coast will probably be getting similar updates.

Those time updates are really weird. I have 2 orders for model 3 performances & it says today or tomorrow.. no vin yet. Will keep posted!

Attachments

• DBC19148-5B65-44F1-81D3-23CE9F86B64E.jpeg
    DBC19148-5B65-44F1-81D3-23CE9F86B64E.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 70
Just curious....did you have to do permitting and inspection for your installation? Got a ballpark quote yesterday and I'm trying to figure out if the guy was putting me on to jack the price up?

No, not at all. We just called the electrician on the phone, said that we needed to run 2x 240 lines, and they came out and did just that. They then just installed the Tesla Wall Charger as part of the job.

As a side note, even though the lines they ran are rated for 90 Amps, we only installed 50 Amp fuses for now. They told us that our house has 200 Amps total (was built in 2007).