Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No 1 pm update for me
Another strange note: I never got any texts about my car being built, vin assigned or whatever like others generally get. I just had an abrupt change overnight to my EDD from 7/28-9/8 to 6/16-6/20 with VIN in the app and then text to schedule delivery. Absolutely zero consistency with tesla on these things.
seems like the bay area updates sucks

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
I never ended up getting that call back from Tesla so I called them back. They said my car has passed all inspections and now just needs to be detailed. They were able to change my pickup to tomorrow at 4pm at Fremont. Excited!

I ended up just paying my down payment today before calling them again because I figured that would incentivize them to let me get it a day earlier if I was already prepared. I lucked out that I only ended up wasting one day of paying for insurance so that was a nice plus. This all is assuming there's nothing wrong with the car that prohibits me from taking delivery, of course. Fingers crossed.

BTW - I thought the MVPA (Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement) was done electronically with Tesla but it turns out you have to print it, sign it, and then send it to your bank for them to authorize the loan payment and give you the documentation that Tesla requests prior to pickup. I had a little back and forth out of confusion there but ended up figuring it out so thought I'd share.

So question guys..my current EDD is showing June 23-July 7 a week ago it was June 13-june29 my order date is 5/23 with rates spiking tomorrow or this week should I go ahead and apply for financing? I did cash option and I’m scared that if I switch to finance it will mess up my current delivery estimate …credit union will not be able to process my new membership and app in time as I cannot go in person today and they are about to close I just read the message in this thread about rising rates this week