Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how many days the car sits at the service center to prep for delivery? I have a delivery Friday so I am guessing its been there for at least a day or two before they can actually delivery it.
When I was setting up my delivery with the SC the person on the phone said my car will be there Sunday and he said Tuesday would be the earliest. I think they generally want a day or two to prepare the vehicle for delivery.

Hey everyone, I typically post in the Model Y forums but I've started thinking I should put an order in for a M3P because it was my 1a to my wife's choice the MYLR when we placed our order. Now it's been over 2 months, still no MYLR and it seems that Tesla is still fulfilling orders from april and may so even though my current EDD says late august/ early september I don't believe it because I've been in the 1 day moving game for over a month and I've lost faith. What's the typical order - vin - delivery timeline on a M3P black/ black (to the chicago market) if anyone can help me decide if it's worth it to place a backup order this late in the game, that would be great. I was really hoping to be in a new car by the first few weeks of September. In the MY I don't think that would happen, but I've done some browsing here and it seems like most go from order to vin in a month or less.

Took a day and I'm scheduled for pickup on Friday. #4 for me, and honestly this was the most automated version I've had. No SA reaching out - all done via website. My last 3 Teslas all had people hitting me up. Not complaining, but just a different experience.

Hey everyone, I typically post in the Model Y forums but I've started thinking I should put an order in for a M3P because it was my 1a to my wife's choice the MYLR when we placed our order. Now it's been over 2 months, still no MYLR and it seems that Tesla is still fulfilling orders from april and may so even though my current EDD says late august/ early september I don't believe it because I've been in the 1 day moving game for over a month and I've lost faith. What's the typical order - vin - delivery timeline on a M3P black/ black (to the chicago market) if anyone can help me decide if it's worth it to place a backup order this late in the game, that would be great. I was really hoping to be in a new car by the first few weeks of September. In the MY I don't think that would happen, but I've done some browsing here and it seems like most go from order to vin in a month or less.

I'm seeing an average like about 30-40 days to vin and a couple days added to that for delivery.

IF you dont mind spending the $100 you can always just place the order, and cancel the car that arrives later

Took a day and I'm scheduled for pickup on Friday. #4 for me, and honestly this was the most automated version I've had. No SA reaching out - all done via website. My last 3 Teslas all had people hitting me up. Not complaining, but just a different experience.
My experience has been zero contact from Tesla unless I made the initiative. They have yet to answer an email, do not return calls, and seem to only be available randomly when I call (made contact twice in 6 weeks). I received a couple of mass communication emails and that's it. Very poor customer service in my opinion.
Hopefully I won't need much contact from them after I pick up the car on Sunday.

My experience has been zero contact from Tesla unless I made the initiative. They have yet to answer an email, do not return calls, and seem to only be available randomly when I call (made contact twice in 6 weeks). I received a couple of mass communication emails and that's it. Very poor customer service in my opinion.
Hopefully I won't need much contact from them after I pick up the car on Sunday.
I have to agree the customer service has been non-existent. I pick up my car on Tuesday the 17th and while I am very excited I am also nervous about the customer service will be once I need something done to the vehicle. But to be fair a lot of companies seem to be sucking on customer service nowadays.

I wonder how much it varies between service centers/sales centers. I've had pretty good luck with the SC here in Utah - most people I've talked to have had the same. They're not the best communicators, but honestly if I text or call, they always get back to me - though maybe not as quickly as I would like. I've had to take fixes back to get fixed "better" (my falcon doors on the X for example were out of alignment and took 2 visits to fix), but generally they've done a pretty good job. I would rather the service group be awesome than the sales group - inevitably you'll have to use them and that interaction will be even more important than buying the car IMO.

I have to agree the customer service has been non-existent. I pick up my car on Tuesday the 17th and while I am very excited I am also nervous about the customer service will be once I need something done to the vehicle. But to be fair a lot of companies seem to be sucking on customer service nowadays.

Yeah - I tend to agree. In the case of ICE cars it varies DRASTICALLY across dealerships. Some are awesome and some make Tesla look like a super hero. I guess that's the challenge with the model Tesla has adopted. By not having 3rd party dealers, you have more control, but you lose some of the competition that makes dealers want to bend over backwards... not to mention having to drive hours (in my case) just to get to the closest service center.

Reactions: digid80
They do things differently for sure. For service I have found them to be really good though. Put in the problem through the app and half the time they come to you and fix the car. All the service people I have worked with have been really professional and fixed the problem on the first visit. I do wish you could talk to someone on the phone though.