Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also my signature now but here is the pic of mine!!

Attachments

• Model3day1.jpg
    Model3day1.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 86
well, tomorrow is the day for pickup!

recap for my order:
red/black, no FSD
6/14 ordered
8/2 vin received
orig. delivery date of 8/16, moved to 8/18 (my car was stuck behind a broken down train for too long and missed the transport truck to the SC)
Houston,TX

excited for sure! hoping the rain stays away long enough for me to do a decent inspection at pickup
Congrats….I have the same config with FSD and it’s suppose to be ready for delivery on the 24th. I hope the rain stays clear and no flaws. Enjoy!

Hey Everyone,

I took delivery of my M3P last week. Delivery experience was great, they dropped off the car where I told them, did a full inspection on panel gaps, paint etc. I was extremely worried I would be delivered a car with a ton of issues but everything seemed to be OK at first so I accepted delivery. I found a few items that I am able to live with and a few that I am not ok with at all.

The items that I am ok with are below.
1. Dirty marks on roof liner that will not come off - small but also not the end of the world.
2. Scratch on steering wheel - not that bad, also not great to have this on a brand new car.
3. Dirty marks on plastic parts of seats - not good but also seems like I can clean it.
4. Passenger door lever seems to be sitting inside more than the other doors, not that big of a deal but also not perfect.

Things that are not acceptable
1. Severe warping of front windscreen - it looks like you are looking through prescription glasses that are not yours and you get motion sick after about 10 min of driving.
2. Mild warping of drivers side glass - same issue as above.
3. Mild warping of passenger side glass - same issue as above.

The semi good news, I brought my car into service this morning and they were extremely nice and noticed exactly what I outlined above right away. They told me they were going to order new glass and install it as soon as they get it in. It will be a one day job so they will contact me as soon as it arrives. It is nice they did not push back since I was worried about that. But also doesn't feel great to pay this much for a car and immediately need to bring it into service. I also have to drive around with this glass for the time being and it's really not a great experience since it makes you motion sick from looking through the glass.

I responded to Tesla's survey that they email out asking how delivery was. I will be curious to see if anyone reaches out to me and ultimately I provided the feedback in hopes they can improve. I have been trying to convince my girlfriend to buy a Model Y and now she is apprehensive given how much she has heard about Tesla quality being sub-par and then seeing first had the issues I have on a 60k car.

Hoping the windows and windscreen can be resolved quickly and no further issues.
Thanks for sharing, only helps the rest of us and Tesla too. I’m shocked that the car passed whatever quality control check they have in place; the front windshield and door glass items are truly worrisome. A scratched steering wheel? Really? Tesla has to up their game. Sorry to hear of your hassles, hope the items are repaired promptly.

So I finally got her!!!!
Amazing car. I can honestly say I have never driven such an amazing car. Here she is all tucked in at home. Amazing ride from Savannah back to Charleston even though I got hit with some heavy rain for part of the trip.

Attachments

• 48F722F0-24E7-4B32-80B3-8F2C3E4B4291.jpeg
    48F722F0-24E7-4B32-80B3-8F2C3E4B4291.jpeg
    627.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 9A27A6FF-6416-4390-8D65-40D59D521BC1.jpeg
    9A27A6FF-6416-4390-8D65-40D59D521BC1.jpeg
    643.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 34DAD8A0-7C4C-4812-ABC8-E73A81AFF27B.jpeg
    34DAD8A0-7C4C-4812-ABC8-E73A81AFF27B.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 38C5F651-BAD8-4C76-98BE-C06BE150DB0C.jpeg
    38C5F651-BAD8-4C76-98BE-C06BE150DB0C.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 70
Big congrats to you all getting your VIN. I ordered 8/3, White w/ black interior and as of today have a 8/26 - 9/15 EDD. Been going back and forth between 9/2 - 9/22, but it's all good. Should be getting close either way. My birthday is 9/18, so if I have it before then it would be an awesome gift to myself! No VIN as of yet, but patiently waiting....