Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an email today to schedule delivery. Went ahead and scheduled it for 9/24.

Time Line (MD, USA):
Reserve: 9/8 - Model: White exterior, black interior Performance - no FSD
Estimated Delivery: September 22 - September 30 Location: MD, USA
VIN Assigned: 9/13
Email to Schedule Delivery: 9/18
Scheduled Delivery Date: 9/24

Reactions: Taxvictim
trust me wait if your car is messed up do not accept delivery and request a new one i paid about 75k for mine with fsd and if mine comes up messed up i’m denying that *sugar* til they make a perfectly made model 3 performance don’t understand how these cars are passing quality check when they leave the factory there’s been a lot of messed up model 3s i know some of you are impatient as i am but do not accept delivery if ur car is messed up request a new one.

Reactions: Taxvictim
Got an email today to schedule delivery. Went ahead and scheduled it for 9/24.

Time Line (MD, USA):
Reserve: 9/8 - Model: White exterior, black interior Performance - no FSD
Estimated Delivery: September 22 - September 30 Location: MD, USA
VIN Assigned: 9/13
Email to Schedule Delivery: 9/18
Scheduled Delivery Date: 9/24
Happy for; bummer for me. Reserved on 8/28 and no realistic EDD insight. Each time I approach the earliest of the EDD dates, Tesla moves it further out.

Just went and pick up a 2022 Corolla with a friend of mine. Man, I have to say, the quality control difference was night and day between the M3P I rejected yesterday and the Corolla we picked up today. Not trying to put Tesla down here but holy *sugar* I was hard pressed to see ANYTHING out of sync on a $25000 Corolla after seeing over a dozen problems in a quick 10 minute viewing of the $70000 M3P. The difference in quality was especially apparent after having looked at once after the other back to back.

Just went and pick up a 2022 Corolla with a friend of mine. Man, I have to say, the quality control difference was night and day between the M3P I rejected yesterday and the Corolla we picked up today. Not trying to put Tesla down here but holy *sugar* I was hard pressed to see ANYTHING out of sync on a $25000 Corolla after seeing over a dozen problems in a quick 10 minute viewing of the $70000 M3P. The difference in quality was especially apparent after having looked at once after the other back to back.
Sadly, Tesla is the only manufacture getting away with half ass quality control. Elon doesn't seem to give a rats either. Too many other things going on - aka Spacex, solar, boring, ect... He should really focus on one thing and do it right...not half ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: deceased
My original home delivery was 9/24 but I got a call yesterday that the car was in and that they could deliver it Monday. We set up a time but then I decided to head over Tesla and asked if there was a chance I could take delivery there on Saturday. After some checking, they said that would be fine and to come back at 6pm. We picked up the car and things went pretty well. One adhesive mark that will require some attention as well as a very small adjustment to the Frunk. My wife noticed the first and did not notice the second one. Spent part of the night installing accessories. Looking forward to taking a look at it in better light today.

Hi all - to add to this thread; I ordered a MSM/White LR AWD on September 6th and then changed my order to a MSM/White Performance on September 14th. After ordering the LR AWD, my delivery window was October 12th - November 12th. Upon changing my order to the Performance, the delivery window initially stayed the same until the morning of September 17th when it went down to October 5th - October 25th.

Later in the afternoon on September 17th, the delivery window changed again to September 17th-September 27th. When I logged into my Tesla account I was also asked to acknowledge via clickthrough the absence of radar and the potential delayed use of features until OTA updates are made (transition to Tesla vision). After clicking through the radar acknowledgement, I saw a VIN on my account and a request to schedule delivery on either September 22nd, 23rd, or 24th.

It seems like Tesla is trying to pull forward deliveries into Q3. While the expedited delivery allowed me to take advantage of a strong offer for my outgoing 2020 Model 3 SR+ (bought as a Tesla demo with 2k miles for $38.3k, sold with 25k miles with worn tires for $41.25k), I am concerned that my car might be someone else's reject if it came available out of the blue.

Is there any way to tell via this forum or elsewhere whether or not a car has been rejected? Also, unrelated question, when would the 2022 models first start rolling out?

My delivery was scheduled for 9/18 for them to bring it to my house. I got a text message today to see if I wanted to pick it up today at the SC. I prefer picking up at the SC so I decided to go there.

This was the hardest "no" I've had to mutter my entire life.

Saw too many small problems with the car. Compared it to the one that was sitting right next to it to make sure I wasn't being crazy or overly picky...nope...mine was just subpar. Apparently the end of quarter quality woes are real. I probably would have still taken it if I didn't already have experience from me 2020 M3P. I knew which problems they would attempt to fix, and which ones they would tell me was "within spec" or were bolted/welded on parts that they can't adjust.

Told the service rep I was refusing delivery. They asked me to show them what problems I had with it. Showed them most of the things I saw that were wrong and even walked them over to the "perfect" one next to it to have them see for themselves. The service rep told me they could fix the issues. Then I pointed out to them the same issues that were on my 2020 M3P that I was told were not fixable by that very SC.

In the end, I refused delivery. Glad I didn't hit that accept button in the app and glad that I went to SC to pick it up instead of it being brought to my home. I was told they would try to find me a new one with the same spec.

The wait resumes...
@Djinn can you do me a huge favor and post the VIN of the car you rejected? I have the same config.

I just checked and the VIN was removed from my account and app. I should have made a note of it elsewhere but I didn't. Maybe just check the manufacturing date upon delivery? If its before 9/17, you know it could be that one haha
Where can you check the manufacture date? I thought the VIN only contains the year. Is there other documentation that contains the manufacture date?

Delivery day today at 4 p.m. Excited but a little weary because I got one so fast (ordered on 9/11) and the sales person mentioned the car is being brought up from Houston. So I'm wondering if this is someone else's reject. I am not super picky, but I will definitely be on the lookout for things that are off. Wish me luck! And if you recently rejected a red on white Performance in Houston let me know.

Reactions: Hurling
This morning estimated delivery date updated from 9/19-9/29 to 9/22-9/30.

What is interesting is that my SA I think was right this whole time.

My service advisor did some research closer to my order date (8/5) and said my production date is 9/21. He said this is the date I would get my VIN
Side note: he has been an amazing sport and put up my weekly inquiries on an update.

Based on the new EDD and small window chances are he was right the whole time.