Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am surprised your SA did not tell you not to do anything in terms of financing yet. Having ordered two in the past three months, both times we were advised to not move forward with anything until we have a VIN. I was also warned about using the CU that Tesla has partnered with (Alliant?) because they are taking such a long time to process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lindenwood
To be fair, if you go to the financing tab of the app and hit VIEW it’ll give you a full breakdown of costs and they call it “order deposit”.

I just bought a new Honda Odyssey for my wife last month. They’re incredibly hard to find. On top of that I paid cash which some dealerships don’t like because they can’t make some money on the financing. Regardless, their online sales manager sent me a text once a week letting me know what they had coming in and any changes that occurred with reserved vehicles. He called me one morning and said “I have one here we didn’t expect to get so soon. We haven’t even done an inspection yet but you’re welcome to come see it”. Left my office and drove over. 10 minutes later the deal was done.

This might not be every dealership, I know. But these guys wanted to sell cars. So far Tesla hasn’t convinced me they want to sell cars. And that might be because they haven’t been hungry yet. But they’re leaving the door open for competitors to get their foot in and shake things up.

My decision to get the car is only because of the car itself, despite the company policies. And I’ve seen first hand in my own career that design, engineering, and manufacturing are easier things to change than company culture. That should worry Tesla.
They call it both a fee and a deposit on my order page. In my mind, a deposit goes to the price of the car and it’s usually refundable. This is neither. And if you were to argue to try to get your money back, you’ll find that they will quickly call it an order fee and keep it. It’s a shitty practice, and I will be glad when this whole process is over. I already have a very poor opinion about the car due to this process and I hope having the car in my possession will fix that. Otherwise, I’ll order an EV from a less shady company and sell it.

Thats really weird it’s on there twice with different verbiage. What state are you in? On my page it just shows order deposit with -$250 next to it. So truly a deposit as it’s applied to the final balance.
Edit: scratch the above. I just looked at mine closer. It has both. SMH.

And yes, I know they’d keep it one way or another if anyone backed out. Deposits have their place but $250 is just silly. You want to burn your customers over $250?

The roadster guys dropping 50k deposits on a car with no delivery date are made of something different than I am.

I think Elon heard me complaining this morning…

OD: 22 Feb (“EDD March”), Black/Black, No FSD
EDD 1, 23 Feb: May-June
EDD 2, 28 Feb: 26 Apr - 24 May
EDD 3, 25 Apr: 23 May - 20 June
Something is definitely going on. I can understand if Tesla is having some supply chain issues because literally everyone is, in every industry not just automotive. But the part that grinds my gears is my trade in value dropping so bad after 30 days. At this rate 60 days will go by and my trade in value will drop again. At the end of the day I’m not ecstatic with the Tesla experience but it’s still better than going to a dealership.

Something is definitely going on. I can understand if Tesla is having some supply chain issues because literally everyone is, in every industry not just automotive. But the part that grinds my gears is my trade in value dropping so bad after 30 days. At this rate 60 days will go by and my trade in value will drop again. At the end of the day I’m not ecstatic with the Tesla experience but it’s still better than going to a dealership.
If you're financing, your finance rate is also going up.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rodney!
Thats really weird it’s on there twice with different verbiage. What state are you in? On my page it just shows order deposit with -$250 next to it. So truly a deposit as it’s applied to the final balance.
Edit: scratch the above. I just looked at mine closer. It has both. SMH.

And yes, I know they’d keep it one way or another if anyone backed out. Deposits have their place but $250 is just silly. You want to burn your customers over $250?

The roadster guys dropping 50k deposits on a car with no delivery date are made of something different than I am.
Yes, they call it a "fee" when it gets added to the price of the car, and they call it a "deposit" when it's deducted from the bill. These are the same *sugar* games that dealerships play.

Well.....I knew it was coming. Just got put WAY out...Most likely we will back out. Oh well

OD: March 30
EDD: May 23 - June 27
EDD: July 12 - August 23
If you need a car in the next month, I would not count on it. If you are not in a hurry, the dates may still change back in your favor.

There are many of us who ordered in February who are still awaiting VINs, so it is very unlikely an end of March order gets delivered before July.

I just noticed a new, slightly revised EDD for my order as well. The start date of my window shifted back by 2 days, but the width of the window narrowed from 5 weeks to 4 weeks.

Order Details: M3P, Midnight Silver Metallic, Black Interior, No FSD
Delivery Location: Memphis, TN
OD: 3-5-22 (April estimate)
EDD 1: 5-9-22 to 6-6-22 (After ordering)
EDD 2: 5-29-22 to 7-3-22 (Updated 4-20-22)
EDD 3: 5-31-22 to 6-28-22 (Updated 4-25-22)

I've seen so many people getting updated EDD's moving in all sorts of directions - mostly the wrong direction. I haven't had an update in right at a month. Maybe I'm just lucky - or maybe it just hasn't caught up to me yet. Has anyone else out there that ordered in March not had their EDD updated?

Why not; I'll join in.

M3P, MSM/Black, No FSD, Los Angeles

O/D: 3/26
EDD1: May-Jun
EDD2: May 17-Jun 14
EDD3: Apr 19-Apr 30
EDD4: May 14-Jun 11
EDD5: Jun 2-Jul 14

Was originally on the fence between LR and P, but the EDD difference on the site was about two months, so bit the bullet on the P. Now lookin like the P will get here the same time the LR was estimated to on the site when I ordered. Can't imagine what the wait times for the LR would've been. 😅

Currently in a Mustang GT, so still having fun with it and not in a huge hurry, though $80-90 a week on gas kinda kills me a little on the inside knowing my M3P is on the horizon. 🥲

SA said that mine should still come with the MCU, though I'm still skeptical. We'll have to see as people here get their vins.

well, I suppose it's a good sign that the pushback is minimal. I have the same car on order, ordered the same day and my EDD is sitting two weeks behind yours.
Yeah, when I saw your EDD, I thought it seemed too far out to be just the transit time. Figured my delivery would be push.

I'd say we could predict your delivery based on when mine settles, but Elon hates me, so you'll get yours first. 🤣

• Funny