Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3/4 OD
In Reno.
Last EDD was 5/20-6/3, changed today to 5/21-6/3. Last time it changed it pushed both dates back a full week so this seems like an improvement.

Just got call from Tesla about whether I want to trade something in.

Am I close?

Took delivery today. Could have taken delivery 6/6 but I was out of town.

Has some paint issues. Some bubbles on the hood, some scratches and uneven paint on the bumper cover. Like they didn't get enough paint on it, it's blotchy.

Seatback plastic won't stay attached to the seatback, keeps falling off.

Panel gaps look good to me.

Reactions: t-rex266 and julit0
Took delivery today. Could have taken delivery 6/6 but I was out of town.

Has some paint issues. Some bubbles on the hood, some scratches and uneven paint on the bumper cover. Like they didn't get enough paint on it, it's blotchy.

Seatback plastic won't stay attached to the seatback, keeps falling off.

Panel gaps look good to me.
What are they doing about paint bubbles? Pretty concerning they still haven't figured out how to properly paint a car at this point.

Not sure how this works. Our order date in the SF Bay Area was 3/17. The original delivery date range was end of May to mid-July We finally got to a two week EDD range and entered it (6/8-6/22) then wham, delayed 8 days to 6/17-7/1. This doesn’t account for the several changes to the delivery date range earlier.

We’ve gone from enthusiastic waiters to cynical and disgusted by this latest change. Tesla should know exactly how many cars it can produce in the next three weeks and how many orders it has for them. It is so irritating I can’t believe people put up with it. Why did we? Well, we wanted an EV in March. Good luck with that—we were quoted 8 months wait for a Volkswagen!

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Not sure how this works. Our order date in the SF Bay Area was 3/17. The original delivery date range was end of May to mid-July We finally got to a two week EDD range and entered it (6/8-6/22) then wham, delayed 8 days to 6/17-7/1. This doesn’t account for the several changes to the delivery date range earlier.

We’ve gone from enthusiastic waiters to cynical and disgusted by this latest change. Tesla should know exactly how many cars it can produce in the next three weeks and how many orders it has for them. It is so irritating I can’t believe people put up with it. Why did we? Well, we wanted an EV in March. Good luck with that—we were quoted 8 months wait for a Volkswagen!
I feel your pain. I’m car-less currently until I get my M3P because I had found one used with only 1600 miles on it advertised with FSD for 72k a month ago. Needless to say I jumped on that, but found out after the fact it didn’t have FSD so I returned the car after a week. They already had processed my trade so I am now without a car until my order arrives. My EDD had been 6/11-6/25 until last Sunday when it changed to 7/28-9-8 😬

got a text yesterday saying my car has left the Fremont factory and is in transit and to be on the lookout for a text in the next week to schedule delivery...woo-hoo! EDD 6/21 - 6/26. I have the feeling that all future texts will come from the Tesla SA's in McLean, VA where I'm picking up the car.
Congrats!!! seems like Blue is the magic run right now.

Not sure if I should even post this here, but just got a slight update to EDD. Literally pushed back to only a day lol. All of my other previous EDD updates are in my signature below. I'm glad that at least I wasn't pushed out of the current 2 week window period, I definitely think I should see my VIN assignment literally any day now.

EDD #8 (6/10): 6/13 - 6/26

Reactions: julit0
Not sure if I should even post this here, but just got a slight update to EDD. Literally pushed back to only a day lol. All of my other previous EDD updates are in my signature below. I'm glad that at least I wasn't pushed out of the current 2 week window period, I definitely think I should see my VIN assignment literally any day now.

EDD #8 (6/10): 6/13 - 6/26
You are obligated by the by-laws of the unofficial Tesla waiting brotherhood to post any and all EDD movements. Appreciate your voluntary compliance. Rest assured your information will be held in the strictest of confidence. Mine is stuck on 6/12-6/26

did anyone do their financing through the Tesla app? I was preapproved through BMO Harris but I haven't gotten any electronic paperwork to process the loan and I'm due to schedule my delivery in the next week. I'd hate to get delivery delayed because there's a disconnect with the financing.

Nice, that's good to hear! Looks like Tesla's logistic during the last month of the quarter is to focus on delivering vehicles located furthest away from the Fremont factory first and move inward. With a lot of west coast EDDs being around the same 2 week window period, I think we are all close to the finish line here. I'm hopeful that we are almost done with our waiting here.

did anyone do their financing through the Tesla app? I was preapproved through BMO Harris but I haven't gotten any electronic paperwork to process the loan and I'm due to schedule my delivery in the next week. I'd hate to get delivery delayed because there's a disconnect with the financing.
Just got an update from my SA. He said I’d sign the final loan paperwork and ACH my $4500 down payment on the day of pickup at the Tesla service center.

Reactions: Nda721 and julit0