Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea I think all cars have a little tinting to them. Not a film but just colored glass. Mine has a bit of a shaded look. Maybe 90-95% tint?

If you take your car in for tinting, ask them to meter the windows in stock form and then recheck them with a little piece of scrap tint at your preferred percentage to see how dark the finished product will be.

My plan is to have them check both 40% and 35% to see what they come to. Whichever gets closer to the actual 35% metered NC limit is going home with me. I suspect it will be the 40% film.

Here's someone's results after metering his stock windows.

Here's how the tinting on mine looks.

View attachment 821835

But also...

View attachment 821837
I know they are locked in, but id still be having Rake nightmares LOL

I know they are locked in, but id still be having Rake nightmares LOL
I actually thought one fell a few days ago. I feared damaging my S5 before I can sell it. It does worry me when my kids or dog is out there. They have to touch everything and he has to put his nose on everything. I'll probably end up parking in the middle before you know it.

• Funny
Reactions: Flatbroke and kevz
The airbags are still in their original housing and being reinstalled into an original steering wheel that has been reshaped.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act specifically prohibits warrantors from making tie-in sales provisions --ie, "you have to use THIS SPECIFIC replacement part or your warranty is voided."

I'm sure it would void the warranty on the airbag, heated wheel function, and steering wheel scroll wheels. For anything else they'd have to prove that the yoke caused the warranty claim...and I doubt they'd be successful. The fact that the mechanic gave a blanket affirmative demonstrates that he doesn't understand how automotive warranties work. He's just a wrench pusher.

I'd like to see Tesla's policy clearly stating that exchanging steering wheels for anything other than OEM Tesla units is warranty voiding. If they have put it in writing, it goes against the rules of the Magnuson-Moss Act. And if they haven't put it in writing, the Magnuson-Moss Act is on the consumer's side.
I get that, but do you REALLY want to test that argument? That’s basically what it came down to for me.

When my M3P comes in I plan on wrapping in full xpel stealth ppf which would give it a matte look. Do you guys think it would look good with the badging blacked out or just removed the badges all together? Kinda torn on which I want to do. Midnightsilver metallic the initial color.
Blacked out for sure, or removed. I don't have many pics of my matted grey, the two below are the trade-in pics for Tesla, lol, but I LOVED the matte gray look.

Attachments

• IMG_8157.JPG
    IMG_8157.JPG
    581.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8155.JPG
    IMG_8155.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: julit0
In the YT videos the guy tried that and the car still turned on but threw up a bunch of errors.

He talks about it around 4:50 on this video
He did it wrong. The correct order is:

- Turn off from the Center Screen
- Disconnect the negative lead from the 12V battery
- Disconnect the electrical harness from the HV controller connection (under the rear seat). You'll hear the contactor clunk open.
- Wait 2 minutes for the system to fully discharge.

This is the abbreviated version from the M3 Service Manual.

Hi all! I’ve been stalking this thread while waiting for my M3P, and I got some bad news two days ago. I had a delivery appointment scheduled for today at 5pm, VIN assigned, insurance set up, etc. and two days ago the VIN disappeared from my account and it switched to an estimated delivery date. Turns out since I’m on the east coast, they yanked my VIN and sold the car to someone closer to Fremont.

I’m super sad to not get the car, but even worse I now have to figure out transportation until another car gets built and assigned to me. Any suggestions? Also is this a common occurrence?

What a bummer! Did someone call you or your delivery date just vanished?

The first time I’d heard of this was the post a few pages back. I think is such a low-ball move for Tesla to do. They have to realize people have made significant changes in their lives based around these delivery dates, like selling your current car! And all this for what end? To maximize quarterly numbers? If I were you I’d at least be calling and complaining although I can’t imagine any real change will result. There is a non-zero chance this same thing will happen to me since I have a (already moved once) delivery date of the 29th. If it does, I’ll seriously considering cancelling because I would feel pretty jaded on the brand. Of course my garage full of wheels, tires and suspensions would then be homeless.

What a bummer! Did someone call you or your delivery date just vanished?

The first time I’d heard of this was the post a few pages back. I think is such a low-ball move for Tesla to do. They have to realize people have made significant changes in their lives based around these delivery dates, like selling your current car! And all this for what end? To maximize quarterly numbers? If I were you I’d at least be calling and complaining although I can’t imagine any real change will result. There is a non-zero chance this same thing will happen to me since I have a (already moved once) delivery date of the 29th. If it does, I’ll seriously considering cancelling because I would feel pretty jaded on the brand. Of course my garage full of wheels, tires and suspensions would then be homeless.
Not only did they not call me, they yanked the VIN in the app and literally ghosted me for a day and a half. They were very responsive via text until this happened, then suddenly I got no response for a day and a half and then my first call to them was hung up after waiting for 30 minutes on hold. Once I finally got in touch with them they said their text system was down and apologized, then explained that because of end of quarter they couldn’t get my car here in time and had to sell it to someone closer to the factory.

You are correct that I made life changes in preparation for the vehicle delivery and now I’m stuck trying to figure out my situation with no estimate of how long I might be waiting. I really want this car but I’m super disappointed in how this was handled.

I did get a call from the local showroom that was helping me after I complained quite a bit to Tesla corporate on the phone, and they told me they’d be on the lookout and had two MYP that might get unmatched today. When I called they said both owners decided to accept delivery and I am out of luck.

Also I forgot to include my order info… white with black interior, no FSD, OD 5/27. Original EDD 7/25-8/29, 2nd EDD 6/23-7/7, 3rd EDD 6/24-7/7, delivery appointment 6/27 5pm.

Hi everyone. Sold my 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0L duramax. I didn't sell it because of fuel costs, I was just getting tired of daily driving a truck to work. I tend to go through vehicles every 2 or so years and I always get a truck. In the meantime i've been driving my off road toy, 2020 Rubicon. Again, not really a fun dd to ME. I know I wanted something performance. I could get another vette but I wouldn't want to dd that. So i decided to go with electric. I love the instant power and the performance! After dealing with chevy, ford and kia, I got so SICK of their games, price gouging and adding thousands of dollars of high profit crap!!!! Also seeing used prices higher than new!!! So while I was on break the other night at work, I went online and ordered myself a Tesla M3 performance, red with the white interior. Initial scheduled delivery is jun-aug. All other trim levels were sept-dec. I've been watching all the videos over and over. I can't wait for this car to arrive!!!!! 1st thing I want to do is add the center display. Now comes the part where I have no patience for whatsoever, WAITING!!! LOL Glad to be part of the forum and Tesla group!!

Scott

Hi everyone. Sold my 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 3.0L duramax. I didn't sell it because of fuel costs, I was just getting tired of daily driving a truck to work. I tend to go through vehicles every 2 or so years and I always get a truck. In the meantime i've been driving my off road toy, 2020 Rubicon. Again, not really a fun dd to ME. I know I wanted something performance. I could get another vette but I wouldn't want to dd that. So i decided to go with electric. I love the instant power and the performance! After dealing with chevy, ford and kia, I got so SICK of their games, price gouging and adding thousands of dollars of high profit crap!!!! Also seeing used prices higher than new!!! So while I was on break the other night at work, I went online and ordered myself a Tesla M3 performance, red with the white interior. Initial scheduled delivery is jun-aug. All other trim levels were sept-dec. I've been watching all the videos over and over. I can't wait for this car to arrive!!!!! 1st thing I want to do is add the center display. Now comes the part where I have no patience for whatsoever, WAITING!!! LOL Glad to be part of the forum and Tesla group!!

Scott
Awesome! And congrats! I got the same color/int combo. It’s beautiful. You’ll love it #TeamRed
4E08D207-533D-4436-8A74-CEA739F61C97.jpeg

11 days after loan approval and I still have not received my check from PenFed CU. Nobody knows where it is and it was only coming from Oregon to CA. They apparently also sent the check via standard mail without any tracking. Has caused me to move back my delivery date twice and now I’m likely going to get pushed back to next quarter.

Absolutely awful experience dealing with them. For those of you who have not yet decided on a financing option I would urge you to NOT use PenFed.

Awesome! And congrats! I got the same color/int combo. It’s beautiful. You’ll love it #TeamRedView attachment 821909

Congrats! Looking forward to seeing you in the Bay Area too lol. Don't see many red with white interior.

Reactions: RedRocketM3P
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing you in the Bay Area too lol. Don't see many red with white interior.

Awesome! Yes, I haven’t seen many of the same combos here. See you on the road!

Not only did they not call me, they yanked the VIN in the app and literally ghosted me for a day and a half. They were very responsive via text until this happened, then suddenly I got no response for a day and a half and then my first call to them was hung up after waiting for 30 minutes on hold. Once I finally got in touch with them they said their text system was down and apologized, then explained that because of end of quarter they couldn’t get my car here in time and had to sell it to someone closer to the factory.

You are correct that I made life changes in preparation for the vehicle delivery and now I’m stuck trying to figure out my situation with no estimate of how long I might be waiting. I really want this car but I’m super disappointed in how this was handled.

I did get a call from the local showroom that was helping me after I complained quite a bit to Tesla corporate on the phone, and they told me they’d be on the lookout and had two MYP that might get unmatched today. When I called they said both owners decided to accept delivery and I am out of luck.

Also I forgot to include my order info… white with black interior, no FSD, OD 5/27. Original EDD 7/25-8/29, 2nd EDD 6/23-7/7, 3rd EDD 6/24-7/7, delivery appointment 6/27 5pm.
When Tesla delivery goes smooth, the whole world should be this way. Its all puppies and kittens. When it doesn't, it is really off the charts bad for a $60,000 purchase. You just hope you get the 1st one. I think most get the 1st one.

Stealerships suck, but at least I can call Mike on his cell and get some info. I got ghosted on my model Y Tesla for 2 weeks. Fingers crossed for this one.

Reactions: 3geekfamily