Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know what the numbers circled in red are? When I swipe from the Tesla I own now to my newly ordered one in the app, I temporarily get this number before it’s quickly replaced with my RN. Scribbled out last few numbers in case it’s sensitive info somehow.

View attachment 826264
Looks like a glitch and not a VIN. You will also see the months down below - go back and forth from Sentence Case to all lower case from time to time.

Reactions: grr187usmc
Anybody else see EDD updates this morning? Mine shifted to 7/26 - 8/23.

BTW, Flatbroke I'm pulling for you to get your car more than my own. Appreciate your support in this thread while you've been waiting for your car.

BTW, Flatbroke I'm pulling for you to get your car more than my own. Appreciate your support in this thread while you've been waiting for your car.
Thank you. I appreciate it!! You got a lot going on! Good luck at the Delivery center on the MYP!!!!

Finally made an account to begin participating in the waiting room!
M3P White/Black, No EAP/FSD, Located in Dallas, TX!
OD 6/12, EDD 8/2 - 9/6

Been quite some time without any sort of EDD change, hoping for something soon!

Also, for a full body PPF, matte or gloss at no additional cost, plus 2 years of ceramic coating, I’m quoted at $5800. That seems like a relatively good deal right?

Probably cheaper to just wrap the car, if you have any interest in a unique color.

Reactions: MrBubbles
I would have lost the bet. Got updated within the last 2 hours. New DD is 7/15-7/29. And is my 3rd 2 week window. It also appears I get updated on Fridays. I text a screen shot to my wife and her reply was “Yeah right”. 😂 even she is skeptical now.
You're going to get it next week. Consider yourself prophesized. (Don't quote me)

I have been struggling with this decision and appreciate your post. I suppose I've been a bit frightened by reports of Tesla's paint quality and it being prone to chips and other damage. If I were buying a car from a different manufacturer, I wouldn't even think twice about it. But here I am considering spending $3K each for our M3P and MYP (neither has been received yet) for front PPF and full body ceramic coating. For me it's not about resale value but not waiting to walk around the front of the car and see an insane number of pock marks.
IMO Tesla's paint and panel gap issues are overblown, or are mostly from the early days of the Model S when they were still basically a new car company.

I had 202,000 miles on my LR Model 3 when I lost it last month. The paint still looked great after I washed and waxed it. I could have had full PPF and I guarantee it would have only added $100 to the appraiser who totaled it or maybe a $1000 to resale value. Perfect? Of course not.
NO CAR WOULD AND THE DOUBLE STANDARD THAT REVOLVES AROUND TESLA IS ABSURD NOT TO MENTION INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST!

OCD is expensive with a depreciating asset you're going to drive around on public roads. I'm glad I don't have it. I had tears in my eyes when I walked away from my car after removing the last of my personal effects last week (the best I've ever owned by a country mile, BTW, and I've owned some fantastic cars!)
Put a price on that.

I plan to just enjoy the heck out of the thing, and am grateful I live in a time and have the means (barely, lol) to have a company that puts out such a spectacular vehicle that would have been called impossible by everyone else a mere ten years ago.

edit: so it's a little more thread pertinent I ordered 6/25 and have est. delivery late Aug.-early Sept.

IMO Tesla's paint and panel gap issues are overblown, or are mostly from the early days of the Model S when they were still basically a new car company.

I had 202,000 miles on my LR Model 3 when I lost it last month. The paint still looked great after I washed and waxed it. I could have had full PPF and I guarantee it would have only added $100 to the appraiser who totaled it or maybe a $1000 to resale value. Perfect? Of course not.
NO CAR WOULD AND THE DOUBLE STANDARD THAT REVOLVES AROUND TESLA IS ABSURD NOT TO MENTION INTELLECTUALLY DISHONEST!

OCD is expensive with a depreciating asset you're going to drive around on public roads. I'm glad I don't have it. I had tears in my eyes when I walked away from my car after removing the last of my personal effects last week (the best I've ever owned by a country mile, BTW, and I've owned some fantastic cars!)
Put a price on that.

I plan to just enjoy the heck out of the thing, and am grateful I live in a time and have the means (barely, lol) to have a company that puts out such a spectacular vehicle that would have been called impossible by everyone else a mere ten years ago.

edit: so it's a little more thread pertinent I ordered 6/25 and have est. delivery late Aug.-early Sept.
Thanks for your post. Not sure I agree on the panel gap issues being overblown. We tried to pick up our MYP last week and some of the gaps were pretty bad.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
do these fit the m3p larger brake assembly or is modification needed?
TSS claims on their website that their wheel configurations fit all Model 3 trim levels, and doesn't mention any wheel spacers or anything required. This seems to be the prevalent aftermarket wheel manufacturer for our cars, so I'm guessing they won't have any fitment issues.

Yes, had my first EDD change this morning. My OD was a week ago on 07/01 and original EDD was 09/03-10/15, but this morning it moved up to 08/22-09-26. Not yet the golden 2-week window so I would expect at least one more forthcoming EDD change.

For reference, my order was a M3P, MSM/black, no EAP or FSD, and no VIN yet.

I’m still showing 8/26 - 10/7 EDD this morning. Never received the check from PenFed three weeks after approval. Called them yesterday and they said to issue another check I would need to reapply (another hard pull possibly) and I would be at their updated rates (which are significantly higher). Are they having funding issues or something? Definitely using Alliant once I get the VIN.
That really sucks. I got approval on a pre-approved draft from PenFed on Thursday June 30, and received it the following Wednesday. I was expecting the worst after reading your posts and hearing their “we don’t do expedited delivery any more” line, but I hoped for the best and thankfully it came it before my car. I did not want to have to either decline and be reassigned, or scramble for other financing.

Yes, had my first EDD change this morning. My OD was a week ago on 07/01 and original EDD was 09/03-10/15, but this morning it moved up to 08/22-09-26. Not yet the golden 2-week window so I would expect at least one more forthcoming EDD change.

For reference, my order was a M3P, MSM/black, no EAP or FSD, and no VIN yet.
My OD was also 07/01 and my original EDD was 08/22 to 09/26. It hasn't changed since. It will be interesting to see if we get the car around the same time.

My order M3P, White/white, no FSD and no VIN either.