Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today. Used one of the checklists online. Everything was perfect.

Had all ducks in a row leading up to today. Arrived on site about 45 mins early and found the car pretty quick. They had a "Congratulations" letter on the dash with my name, so it was easy to find.

Did exterior check using the checklist. After everything checked out, went inside to find an advisor. They were a little busy but a little short staffed too it seemed. Finally grabbed attention of someone and let them know I was there to take delivery and I already checked out exterior. They asked if I wanted to see inside before I accepted delivery. Of course!

They unlocked it from their computer and I went to check it out. After looking it all over, I gave the final acceptance and went back inside to receive the key cards.

After that, it was a very quick "congrats" from an advisor and I was off.

It is now in the hands of a shop to get tint, PPF (matte), and badges switched from chrome to glossy black.

OD - 7/29
First EDD - 9/9 - 10/14
Second EDD - 9/12 - 10/10
Third EDD - 9/15 - 9/29
Fourth EDD - 10/12 - 11/09
VIN Assigned 9/12
Fifth EDD - 9/20 - 9/26
1st Delivery date/time - 9/24
2nd Delivery date/time - 9/22
Official delivery date - 9/22 @ 3pm

Had all ducks in a row leading up to today. Arrived on site about 45 mins early and found the car pretty quick. They had a "Congratulations" letter on the dash with my name, so it was easy to find.

Did exterior check using the checklist. After everything checked out, went inside to find an advisor. They were a little busy but a little short staffed too it seemed. Finally grabbed attention of someone and let them know I was there to take delivery and I already checked out exterior. They asked if I wanted to see inside before I accepted delivery. Of course!

They unlocked it from their computer and I went to check it out. After looking it all over, I gave the final acceptance and went back inside to receive the key cards.

It is now in the hands of a shop to get tint, PPF (matte), and badges switched from chrome to glossy black.

OD - 7/29
First EDD - 9/9 - 10/14
Third EDD - 9/15 - 9/29
VIN Assigned 9/12
Fifth EDD - 9/20 - 9/26
Congrats! Love all the reports of cars in perfect or near perfect shape. It’s been a while since I’ve seen anyone take delivery of a M3 with any meaningful defects.

OD - 7/29
First EDD - 9/9 - 10/14
Third EDD - 9/15 - 9/29
VIN Assigned 9/12
Fifth EDD - 9/20 - 9/26
Congratulations! I'm glad it was in such great shape, and that they let you check out the inside too. I wonder if the new casting has solved a lot of the misalignment issues. They replaced ~75 parts with one part, which apparently eliminated a lot of room for error in the assembly process. At least that's my understanding of the change.

od 7/4 blue/black

Took delivery today in Vallejo and it took only 5 minutes. Build quality was perfect. No issues at all. They said 79 people were taking delivery today between all models. Love the accelaration. So much torque. My girlfriends daughter said it was like having a personal rollercoaster. Its worth the wait everyone. Best of luck!

od 7/4 blue/black

Took delivery today in Vallejo and it took only 5 minutes. Build quality was perfect. No issues at all. They said 79 people were taking delivery today between all models. Love the accelaration. So much torque. My girlfriends daughter said it was like having a personal rollercoaster. Its worth the wait everyone. Best of luck!
Congrats @Smt707! I'm really looking forward to the acceleration too. "I wasn't speeding, officer. Your radar gun failed to account for the gravitational redshift of the returning photon due to my acceleration." (general relativity equivalence principle joke... can't help it...)

OD - 7/29
First EDD - 9/9 - 10/14
Third EDD - 9/15 - 9/29
VIN Assigned 9/12
Fifth EDD - 9/20 - 9/26
Congrats!! I have everything done and am trying get them to move the delivery date up so I can pick mine up earlier then 9/27! Similar to how they did for you. Excited!

I think we will get it this month, probably next week during the EOQ push. I just hate how Tesla says they don't prioritize other parts of America throughout the quarter due to transit times, and then they do West Coast during the last 2 weeks. They still do it, and I am on my 10th 2-week window. I had 2-week windows all throughout the quarter and their support says oh you should get your car since a 2-week window means it is close.
Sorry that happened. I understand how you feel

Rollercoaster today. Got a text that I had been scheduled for 29-SEP and I saw it confirmed in the Tesla app. I jumped over to the insurance tab and confirmed that. Shortly after I received a call from Tesla; however, I was stepping into a doc appt so I said I would have to call them back. As soon as I stepped out I tried to call, but got VM. I looked in the app to see if the MVPA had been posted, but it hadn't. I scrolled back to the delivery tab and the appointment was no longer there. Not sure if that means I missed my chance or what. Patiently waiting a call back.

I need to get my priorities straight...car above health....always car above health lol.

• Funny
Reactions: nharwood
The screen with the blue button everyone is waiting for:

(Now just to find the car somewhere…so many people accepting deliveries)

1663963242901.png

Well, today was my delivery day. Given the really poor customer service experiences I’ve had with Tesla here in Orlando since 2018, I was skeptical that there was even a car ready for me until I finally saw it in person. They pulled it up to the front within 5 minutes of my scheduled time. I stood around inside the lobby for about 15 minutes until someone spoke to me. The delivery guy assigned to me was super friendly and processed my trade in (2019 M3P) extremely fast. He didn’t even look at it until after I signed the title over. I gave him a certified check for the final payment, and the app reflected that payment shortly after. He also told me to keep my original mobile connector and j1772 adapter from my trade in M3P. He transferred my plate with the frame over to the new car and told me I was good to go. Quickest delivery experience ever, even faster than my last 2 Model 3’s.

I did a quick inspection of the exterior and interior at delivery and surprisingly all was good, however once I got on the road I noticed the alignment seemed to be pulling to the right slightly and there was a loud crackling sound coming from one of the speakers in the right door even with audio off. After being home for awhile, I went for another drive and the speaker sound is gone and alignment somehow seems acceptable now. I’ll keep an eye on those issues in the coming week. Unfortunately after a more thorough inspection at home, I noticed one of the windshield wipers is about 1mm or less from hitting the hood. I made a mobile service appointment for this. Other than this, I haven’t found any issues so far.

Here are the improvements over my 2019 M3P that I’ve noticed in first 50 miles:
-Despite the removal of one speaker vs 2019, the sound system seems louder and bass response is better! I’m not exactly sure what they changed, but I love it.
-The car is noticeably quieter on the highway with the dual pane windows and wind deflectors added under the hood near the windshield.
-Door alignment all around is far far better. My 2019 had trim that would literally scrape when closing the driver’s door, and mobile service refused to attempt a fix. The rear doors also used to stick regularly and had alignment issues.
-Maybe it’s in my head, but I swear the cameras load faster with the Ryzen cpu.
-The new interior door trim is nice and gets us a little closer to what a 65k car should look like inside.
-The ride is softer, which is nice for daily driving. I’ll be putting my 18’s on soon which will improve that further, but I do love the look of the übers.
-The spoiler shows no signs of peeling and is aligned nicely.
-#1 for me is that autosteer works great. My 2019 had a major autosteer issue that they wouldn’t fix, even after 3 attempts and many weeks at the service center. They simply refused to throw parts at it. It’s a long story and the primary reason I upgraded.

I’ve had an exhausting day, but my next order of business is to do a “decon” wash, polishing, and ceramic coating following Obsessed Garage’s Model 3 Youtube series. I’ve been preparing for this for the last month.

Attachments

• 92233147-FFF2-4409-BF2C-47F06828AD32.jpeg
    92233147-FFF2-4409-BF2C-47F06828AD32.jpeg
    683.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 4666472B-494B-4ADA-ADF6-4D6BD2320C05.jpeg
    4666472B-494B-4ADA-ADF6-4D6BD2320C05.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Well, today was my delivery day. Given the really poor customer service experiences I’ve had with Tesla here in Orlando since 2018, I was skeptical that there was even a car ready for me until I finally saw it in person. They pulled it up to the front within 5 minutes of my scheduled time. I stood around inside the lobby for about 15 minutes until someone spoke to me. The delivery guy assigned to me was super friendly and processed my trade in (2019 M3P) extremely fast. He didn’t even look at it until after I signed the title over. I gave him a certified check for the final payment, and the app reflected that payment shortly after. He also told me to keep my original mobile connector and j1772 adapter from my trade in M3P. He transferred my plate with the frame over to the new car and told me I was good to go. Quickest delivery experience ever, even faster than my last 2 Model 3’s.

I did a quick inspection of the exterior and interior at delivery and surprisingly all was good, however once I got on the road I noticed the alignment seemed to be pulling to the right slightly and there was a loud crackling sound coming from one of the speakers in the right door even with audio off. After being home for awhile, I went for another drive and the speaker sound is gone and alignment somehow seems acceptable now. I’ll keep an eye on those issues in the coming week. Unfortunately after a more thorough inspection at home, I noticed one of the windshield wipers is about 1mm or less from hitting the hood. I made a mobile service appointment for this. Other than this, I haven’t found any issues so far.

Here are the improvements over my 2019 M3P that I’ve noticed in first 50 miles:
-Despite the removal of one speaker vs 2019, the sound system seems louder and bass response is better! I’m not exactly sure what they changed, but I love it.
-The car is noticeably quieter on the highway with the dual pane windows and wind deflectors added under the hood near the windshield.
-Door alignment all around is far far better. My 2019 had trim that would literally scrape when closing the driver’s door, and mobile service refused to attempt a fix. The rear doors also used to stick regularly and had alignment issues.
-Maybe it’s in my head, but I swear the cameras load faster with the Ryzen cpu.
-The new interior door trim is nice and gets us a little closer to what a 65k car should look like inside.
-The ride is softer, which is nice for daily driving. I’ll be putting my 18’s on soon which will improve that further, but I do love the look of the übers.
-The spoiler shows no signs of peeling and is aligned nicely.
-#1 for me is that autosteer works great. My 2019 had a major autosteer issue that they wouldn’t fix, even after 3 attempts and many weeks at the service center. They simply refused to throw parts at it. It’s a long story and the primary reason I upgraded.

I’ve had an exhausting day, but my next order of business is to do a “decon” wash, polishing, and ceramic coating following Obsessed Garage’s Model 3 Youtube series. I’ve been preparing for this for the last month.
Congrats!! I have the same config, and I love the red color in the sun and your new car name Knuckles! I bet it looks better in person.