TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Positives

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by PRSIST, Jul 4, 2017.

1. PRSIST

PRSIST Member

In this thread I would like to see only POSITIVE remarks about the Model 3. Lord only knows there are tons of threads where people are griping and moaning about almost everything. I’ve just about read it all, so let’s hear what you feel are positive things about the Model 3. After all the crap we are hearing, why are we still going to buy the Model 3…what about the car is positive to us.

Thanks, and enjoy the 4th!!

• Like x 8
    • Disagree x 4
  2. Runt8

Runt8 Member

Model 3 positives are easy :)

My big ones are:
    All electric drivetrain with access to the Tesla supercharger network
    Gorgeous styling (imho)
    Awesome self driving capabilities that get better the longer you own it

• Like x 4
  3. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

In addition to the EV powertrain and Supercharging:

1. Exterior styling is very classy
    2. I like the minimalist controls
    3. But I also like the fact that there are useful storage spaces
    Model S and Model X didn't quite get everything right in terms of practicality, but from what I'm seeing of the Model 3 release candidates, Tesla has done a great job this time around.

• Like x 2
  4. strykeroz

strykeroz Member

All the good points above, plus that delivery remains on schedule, and has at least the range they said it would when we put our money down.

5. internalaudit

internalaudit Member

• Availability of AWD (none of the competition has announced AWD in their future offerings)
    • Eligible for various jurisdictions' government incentives (the 268 mile Bolt is too but I don't dig the styling)
    • My daughter (of driving age) thinks it's cool (eager to see what BEVs will be showcased at the September 14 Frankfurt show)
    • Induction instead of permanent magnet motor (seems extreme heat can render the latter useless, if only temporarily)
    • ESA that seem to be honored by Tesla
    Here's another:
    Tesla upgrades its electric motor on the road to have powertrains lasting 1 million miles
    Tesla upgrades its electric motor on the road to have powertrains lasting 1 million miles

6. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I wish that headline had been more grounded in truth instead of merely a sensationalist headline.

I'd be interested to know the exact changes in the motor and why. Do any of the changes actually affect longevity?

• Disagree x 1
  7. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

• It is a Tesla
    • It is such good news, it almost offsets one year of the psychopath in the White House

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 5
    • Disagree x 1
  8. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Member

This probably won't end with all positives. Someone is bound to disagree me thinks.... Just sayin.

9. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

I no longer have to sacrifice performance for fuel efficiency! I've long loved fast cars, but don't buy them out of the guilt I'd feel for not making a more fuel efficient choice. Days of making that compromise are soon coming to an end. Plus, I think the car is absolutely gorgeous!

• Like x 7
  10. Stirfelt

Stirfelt Member

Great thread .... I wish I had started it.
    There has been so many doubts expressed about the M 3 I had wondered if I would actually continue to purchase. But I am not going to let a few nay-sayers discourage me.

• Like x 1
  11. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Was there something you actually disagreed with though?

12. Reciprocity

Reciprocity Active Member

I think we are often spoiled brats as it relates to the model 3. It is truly an amazing feat to bring such a revolutionary vehicle to market. At the price point that most can afford and in volumes of production that will make a meaningful difference in just a few years. There just isn't anything even close that exists today. The bolt is actually a very good car, but it's not real. There is no commitment from GM to actually sell more then compliance levels of the car. But this thread is about the model 3 and the wait is getting shorter and shorter. I think people will love it and I fully expect it to be the type of vehicle that really changes uthe perceptions of EVs in the hearts and minds of the masses. Tesla is not as well known as most would think and certainly isn't considered a brand for the average Joe 6-pack. I expect that to change over the next couple of years as model 3s invade every corner of the planet.

• Like x 8
    • Disagree x 1
  13. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Oh man, how did I forget that ?

Just yesterday I calculated that my commute to work would be 15 minutes shorter each way in a Model 3 run on PV instead of babying my Prius run on petrol.

• Funny x 1
  14. Chris L

Chris L Member

Nothing like it in the pipeline. I've been waiting almost ten years for an EV that has not been lacking in some serious way. Model 3 is now here. Dual-motor version essential for better handling, balanced 4-wheel magnetic braking and ultimate single-pedal speed control. Love the interior. Love the aero wheels (covers or not). Love full charge every morning, and free-fuel-for-life with Tesla solar panels and battery storage!

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. Carl

Carl Member

Its terms of impact on the market, I think Model 3 could be as big as Ford's Motel T, or VW's Beetle. And I can imagine it over time beating the Beetle's record of 20-million-plus sales.

• Like x 2
  16. AngelArm1110

AngelArm1110 Member

The minimalist interior will be perfect for adding my own little mods and gadgets, it seems like a very customizable car

• Like x 2
  17. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

This is the car I have been dreaming of since Elon announced the "secret master plan".

For me the positives are:

• All electric with plenty of range
    • Smaller and more efficient (?) than the S or X
    • Sold and serviced direct without a dealership middle man
    • Less expensive than the S or X, meaning less for insurance and less for tabs.
    • I really like the styling
    • Love the technology
    • So far, on time!

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  18. EXOTIC1

EXOTIC1 Member

The positive is there will be such demand that anyone getting a car in 2017 will be able to drive it for FREE the first year before they catch up with production. Resale the first 12-18 months will be huge.

19. Xevex

Xevex Member

LOL again, there are a few people who just disagree to disagree, even in this kind of thread. What's there to 'disagree' from the original thread?

• Like x 2
  20. powertoold

powertoold Member

The Model 3 is a game changer.

~1 million mile drive unit (speculation)
    Best in class backseat experience (all glass roof back there)
    Minimalistic
    Easy to maintain and service
    5 star safety
    Great styling, just conservative enough to be a useful and sporty car
    300+ mile range for higher pack

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1