Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Positives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In this thread I would like to see only POSITIVE remarks about the Model 3. Lord only knows there are tons of threads where people are griping and moaning about almost everything. I’ve just about read it all, so let’s hear what you feel are positive things about the Model 3. After all the crap we are hearing, why are we still going to buy the Model 3…what about the car is positive to us.

Thanks, and enjoy the 4th!!

In addition to the EV powertrain and Supercharging:

1. Exterior styling is very classy
  2. I like the minimalist controls
  3. But I also like the fact that there are useful storage spaces
Model S and Model X didn't quite get everything right in terms of practicality, but from what I'm seeing of the Model 3 release candidates, Tesla has done a great job this time around.

Reactions: GSP and SageBrush
  • Availability of AWD (none of the competition has announced AWD in their future offerings)
  • Eligible for various jurisdictions' government incentives (the 268 mile Bolt is too but I don't dig the styling)
  • My daughter (of driving age) thinks it's cool (eager to see what BEVs will be showcased at the September 14 Frankfurt show)
  • Induction instead of permanent magnet motor (seems extreme heat can render the latter useless, if only temporarily)
  • ESA that seem to be honored by Tesla
Here's another:
Tesla upgrades its electric motor on the road to have powertrains lasting 1 million miles
Tesla upgrades its electric motor on the road to have powertrains lasting 1 million miles

• Availability of AWD (none of the competition has announced AWD in their future offerings)
  • Eligible for various jurisdictions' government incentives (the 268 mile Bolt is too but I don't dig the styling)
  • My daughter (of driving age) thinks it's cool (eager to see what BEVs will be showcased at the September 14 Frankfurt show)
  • Induction instead of permanent magnet motor (seems extreme heat can render the latter useless, if only temporarily)
  • ESA that seem to be honored by Tesla
Here's another:
I wish that headline had been more grounded in truth instead of merely a sensationalist headline.

I'd be interested to know the exact changes in the motor and why. Do any of the changes actually affect longevity?

• Disagree
Reactions: Stirfelt
I think we are often spoiled brats as it relates to the model 3. It is truly an amazing feat to bring such a revolutionary vehicle to market. At the price point that most can afford and in volumes of production that will make a meaningful difference in just a few years. There just isn't anything even close that exists today. The bolt is actually a very good car, but it's not real. There is no commitment from GM to actually sell more then compliance levels of the car. But this thread is about the model 3 and the wait is getting shorter and shorter. I think people will love it and I fully expect it to be the type of vehicle that really changes uthe perceptions of EVs in the hearts and minds of the masses. Tesla is not as well known as most would think and certainly isn't considered a brand for the average Joe 6-pack. I expect that to change over the next couple of years as model 3s invade every corner of the planet.

I no longer have to sacrifice performance for fuel efficiency! I've long loved fast cars, but don't buy them out of the guilt I'd feel for not making a more fuel efficient choice. Days of making that compromise are soon coming to an end.
Oh man, how did I forget that ?

Just yesterday I calculated that my commute to work would be 15 minutes shorter each way in a Model 3 run on PV instead of babying my Prius run on petrol.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP
Nothing like it in the pipeline. I've been waiting almost ten years for an EV that has not been lacking in some serious way. Model 3 is now here. Dual-motor version essential for better handling, balanced 4-wheel magnetic braking and ultimate single-pedal speed control. Love the interior. Love the aero wheels (covers or not). Love full charge every morning, and free-fuel-for-life with Tesla solar panels and battery storage!

This is the car I have been dreaming of since Elon announced the "secret master plan".

For me the positives are:

• All electric with plenty of range
  • Smaller and more efficient (?) than the S or X
  • Sold and serviced direct without a dealership middle man
  • Less expensive than the S or X, meaning less for insurance and less for tabs.
  • I really like the styling
  • Love the technology
  • So far, on time!

The Model 3 is a game changer.

~1 million mile drive unit (speculation)
Best in class backseat experience (all glass roof back there)
Minimalistic
Easy to maintain and service
5 star safety
Great styling, just conservative enough to be a useful and sporty car
300+ mile range for higher pack