Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 price reduction to come?

is the price of the model 3 dropping

• yes (the price is getting reduced)

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • no ( the price is staying the same)

Votes: 112 74.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why do we really have to keep talking about Tesla prices, which does vary periodically when if buying essentially any other car, the price depends on the sales person that you get, the day of the week, your negotiating capabilities and signs emblazoned across the windshield with $15,000 Off! ?

The only one of those that remotely varies is the timing, other than that all the others are constant across the entire country and make the entire experience so much more pleasant.

Because, Tesla is actually moving away from “everyone pays the same”. If you go into a store wanting a particular config but they don’t have that exact config, if it is the end of the quarter they may offer to upgrade you to a better config that is available for a significant discount. People have reported getting upwards of $7000 off a performance model with only 7 miles on it. But, not everyone gets the deals, and you have to know to ask the right questions or have the right salesperson apparently.

Prices Paid, Discounts, Incentives, and Upgrades Offered

And here is the Google doc where people are tracking the discounts they get. Some of these cars do have mileage, so discounts make sense, but some have less than 10 miles, which is essentially a factory new car. Tesla Showroom Deals.com

Because, Tesla is actually moving away from “everyone pays the same”. If you go into a store wanting a particular config but they don’t have that exact config, if it is the end of the quarter they may offer to upgrade you to a better config that is available for a significant discount. People have reported getting upwards of $7000 off a performance model with only 7 miles on it. But, not everyone gets the deals, and you have to know to ask the right questions or have the right salesperson apparently.

Prices Paid, Discounts, Incentives, and Upgrades Offered

And here is the Google doc where people are tracking the discounts they get. Some of these cars do have mileage, so discounts make sense, but some have less than 10 miles, which is essentially a factory new car. Tesla Showroom Deals.com

Looks like all the discounted deals were 2018 models and finding a large discount is almost impossible right now. I would love to be proven wrong since im in the market for a 2nd car.

I am still waiting for a P3D discount near end of Q2, which is coming up soon. So far there's none, getting impatient :(

Still waiting? Why? The price has increased $400 base price, an additional $1000 for FSD, and HomeLink is now an additional $300. So buying my car a month ago has essentially saved me $1,700.

Tesla is selling every car they can make right now. I don’t see any major incentives coming, and you’re now close to missing out on a further $1,875 when the tax credit halves (assuming you’re Stateside).

Madness. If you want the car, get it. The enjoyment I get out of my P3D+ each day is well worth/outweighs any “maybes” of the future.

Life is too short.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Still waiting? Why? T.... If you want the car, get it. The enjoyment I get out of my P3D+ each day is well worth/outweighs any “maybes” of the future.

Life is too short.
I have to agree. Big discounts seem to come mainly from either older inventory cars and smaller discounts from attempts to get an inventory car to fit a customer order. With inventory so low and orders so high, I don't see any reason to expect significant discounts in Q2. Maybe later in Q3 if there's a bit of a letdown in orders, not before July.

I have to agree. Big discounts seem to come mainly from either older inventory cars and smaller discounts from attempts to get an inventory car to fit a customer order. With inventory so low and orders so high, I don't see any reason to expect significant discounts in Q2. Maybe later in Q3 if there's a bit of a letdown in orders, not before July.

There were big discounts near end of May where they released 2018 P3D with 8-9k discount. Since this will be the most expensive car I’m buying in my life, would like to save a bit of money if I can

All of a sudden it seems like there is a ton of inventory popping up. 12 near me in DC. Last couple weeks it was zero. Demand may not be so high. Will be interesting to see if they clear out over the next few days.

Check out how many volts and bolts in the area.

There’s a dozen a cars with me at a supercharger.

I am curious if a car shipped from Fremont today can still make it by months end. That dozen and the ones arriving over the next few days is it.

All of a sudden it seems like there is a ton of inventory popping up. 12 near me in DC. Last couple weeks it was zero. Demand may not be so high. Will be interesting to see if they clear out over the next few days.
lol 12 cars

I've been checking ev-cpo.com every day for the last month - only in the last 3 days has inventory been higher than 100 cars for all of North America.

Trust me, as someone who has waited 3 months for his car, demand is high.

I'm not getting on a price reduction anytime soon. With high demand, M3s cost went up a few weeks ago by $400 and sales are still going thru the roof. Come July 1st the price might go down but so will some range and other goodies. Buy now if you are on the fence. Guaranteed you won't be sorry. I should have done it a month ago and saved the 4 Benji's...

I'm not getting on a price reduction anytime soon. With high demand, M3s cost went up a few weeks ago by $400 and sales are still going thru the roof. Come July 1st the price might go down but so will some range and other goodies. Buy now if you are on the fence. Guaranteed you won't be sorry. I should have done it a month ago and saved the 4 Benji's...

I don't currently qualify for the tax credit so if I can save $1,875 off an SR+ come July 1st only having to wait three and a half weeks... that will be wonderful

I don't currently qualify for the tax credit so if I can save $1,875 off an SR+ come July 1st only having to wait three and a half weeks... that will be wonderful

If you know you dont qualify for the tax credit, and dont "need" to buy now, it might be a good idea to wait. I suspect that "some" of the tax credit will come off the price. Probably not all of it... and maybe not off the base model at all (just guessing of course). If you dont qualify for the tax credit there is no pressing driver of it expiring.

Reactions: neroden

Agreed. I dont need the car until July.

Seeing end of Q1 deals, I decided to wait for end of Q2 deals on either new or inventory.
Price went up by 2000. No big deal, autopilot now included
Price went up by another 500. Shoot, that sucks
FSD went up by 1000. That also sucks
Referral bonus went up to 5000miles. Gives me hope that it'll be the same in June, or even better.

First week of June...nothing

Ordered car 2 days ago.
Given low inventory, I can't imagine there'll be a end of q fire sale, unless they have a ton of cars sitting at their plant that get shipped out domestically in the next few weeks.

I didnt read it that way... I read it as " I dont qualify for the tax credit so, if they lower the price of the car itself that will help me"

If somoene isn't paying 3750 in federal taxes, they don't qualify. Could easily be the case for a retired person or someone starting or running a money losing business venture. So a price reduction is better.

Or he could be Jeff Bezos. He never sells stock, just borrows against it to finance his lifestyle. So he pays no fed taxes as the richest person in the US (and in fact gets hundreds of millions/billions back from the govt).