Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 problem already???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I would like to see a pic as well. I have a 3 reserved as well. I am also curious how all the warnings are displayed simultaneously in the 3 display ? Are these text messages or icons that need to be understood ? Since you own an S, how does the warning system differ from the S ?

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
Yeah, I would like to see a pic as well. I have a 3 reserved as well. I am also curious how all the warnings are displayed simultaneously in the 3 display ? Are these text messages or icons that need to be understood ? Since you own an S, how does the warning system differ from the S ?

I didn't capture any pics. One suggestion from a member to reboot the car and I did that. All warnings were gone and the car seems to be normal for now. I guess I'll find out more when I take it to the shop next week and I'm sure they can retrieve all the warning messages from the computer logs. M3 has only one 15" touchscreen & there are 2 sections (left & right). The warning msgs were displayed on the left bottom side of the screen where the car picture was located. These msgs were displayed one after another and kept repeating. As for MS all warning msgs will be displayed on the driver display screen not the 17" touchscreen since MS has 2 display screens.

I didn't capture any pics. One suggestion from a member to reboot the car and I did that. All warnings were gone and the car seems to be normal for now. I guess I'll find out more when I take it to the shop next week and I'm sure they can retrieve all the warning messages from the computer logs. M3 has only one 15" touchscreen & there are 2 sections (left & right). The warning msgs were displayed on the left bottom side of the screen where the car picture was located. These msgs were displayed one after another and kept repeating. As for MS all warning msgs will be displayed on the driver display screen not the 17" touchscreen since MS has 2 display screens.
If you call roadside assistance
1 (877) 798-3752‬
open 24/7 and give them a timeframe when the error messages occurred they can get the logs reviewed to help pinpoint the issue. They will pass it onto the service center. This will greatly expedite a resolution and possibly get it identified and resolved remotely sooner. I have had a very positive experience doing this in the past.

Wow. I thought the forum is for Tesla's owners to share info. Certainly didn't expect to see this type of responses. In the past I've occasionally read the forum looking for various info for my MS and didn't feel the need to join as a member. I've decided to join since I was getting the 2nd Tesla.
Don’t worry about it. There have been a lot of weird posts from people trying to short Tesla stock, so people are a bit gun-shy of negative posts by new members.
Sorry to hear of your breakdown, must be so disappointing when you’re about to start enjoying it. I’m not super surprised, simply because it’s so bleeding edge, and Tesla was working against the clock to get it out on time.
Just know that Tesla always takes care of these things, and they’ll especially want to keep the Model 3s working.

If you call roadside assistance
1 (877) 798-3752‬
open 24/7 and give them a timeframe when the error messages occurred they can get the logs reviewed to help pinpoint the issue. They will pass it onto the service center. This will greatly expedite a resolution and possibly get it identified and resolved remotely sooner. I have had a very positive experience doing this in the past.

Thank you for the suggestion. I just called hotline and gave them the timeframe to retrieve all the warning messages. They'll pass it on to the service center.

Don’t worry about it. There have been a lot of weird posts from people trying to short Tesla stock, so people are a bit gun-shy of negative posts by new members.
Sorry to hear of your breakdown, must be so disappointing when you’re about to start enjoying it. I’m not super surprised, simply because it’s so bleeding edge, and Tesla was working against the clock to get it out on time.
Just know that Tesla always takes care of these things, and they’ll especially want to keep the Model 3s working.

I see... got it. Thanks for explaining.

Please ask for Mark the service manager in Torrance. He road forced balenced my car before drive back to Michigan. Car was within tolerance. I wanted it to be exact before I cast any stones etc....

Went the extra mile. Didn't have to. Have patience.

Do they have the Road Force machine at the Torrance SvC or did they have to send the car to a different shop?

What did the Road Force balancing cost?

Thanks.

Hopefully a couple of internal module resets and the OP will be good to go. Except for the shaking part. Drive unit?

To the OP: would you mind posting the invoice you get (minus any identifying details) after you get the car back from Torrance? Curious to know what they fix/replace.

Reactions: preilly44
I've been reading a number of the new owner threads and would say the vast majority of comments from new owners have been very positive; but like with any product especially new there will be outliers and sounds like you got one of those and I feel for you.

Sorry you haven't received the warmest of welcomes here. So few non-employees have received cars it will be great to hear feedback from you, good or bad. And when something does go poorly it helps to read about those issues too especially when people follow through with how things get resolved. I've learned a lot about our car here on the forum and that includes things that could go wrong. Please continue to hang with us and update us on your situation.

I'm sorry for the issues with the car, and from what others have posted you should be able to get everything taken care of. Since you are new here, you would have missed posts about the reasoning behind how the Model 3 has been rolled out. That is, those on the West coast get their cars first for the very reason you had problems; it's easier for those nearest the manufacturing facility to get things fixed when something goes wrong, and in the process the cars made after that will be improved. You most certainly are on the bleeding edge of the Model 3 rollout, and your experiences will help the many more thousands of us who have yet to be invited to configure. You are doing us a service.

Having flown Airbus planes for the last 15 years, I've come to terms that with complicated systems, the old 'control/alt/delete' fixes most glitches in software. I've seen some weird things from my S as well, fixed by doing a reboot and never seen again.

Good luck!

I’d echo exactly this. And I wanted to apologize for doubting the veracity of your story. Things didn’t quite line up in the beginning but your prompt responses to others cleared them up pretty quickly.

Different car, but my S had the power steering suddenly cut out (was driving very slowly, near home, so it wasn’t a huge issue) but a call to the service center and the shop foreman actually came out later that night (within a few hours - he lives nearby). In the end, he couldn’t find anything wrong, they didn’t have any helpful errors in the logs, and a restart of the car fully resolved the issue.

Hopefully it’s something along those lines for you too!

And as others have said, thanks for being on the cutting edge and helping identify bugs before more folks get their 3s :)

Reactions: bonnie
I had to have a brand new Ford Mustang Cobra towed back to the Ford dealership the day after I bought it. Sometimes new cars can have bugs due to a bad part or assembly error. Happens on a very small percentage of cars. You were probably just unlucky enough to win that lottery. Get it serviced. I hope they can fix it promptly, but it's still new enough I could see it taking a little time. Sorry for the trouble.