Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another white Model 3 being unloaded at Tesla headquarters. Source: https://instagram.com/p/BUfOLylhEOU/ • r/teslamotors
fvrvchfz2nzy.jpg

I think the chrome trim around the windows looks "brushed" on this RC. I like it much better.

Another day another RC, at this rate the delivery event will be the most uneventful event ever, "yeah, we've seen loads of these already, thank you very much!".

I'm actually more interested in how the driver's interface works, and the level of amenities/storage compartments for the passengers. Interior quality is also of interest.

There's still a lot to be revealed in the next 2 months.

Another day another RC, at this rate the delivery event will be the most uneventful event ever, "yeah, we've seen loads of these already, thank you very much!".
I'm still holding out hope that there will be some noticeable design tweaks at the unveil - else why wouldn't Elon have these RCs camouflaged in zebra like most automakers? For a guy who has gone out of his way to surprise folks, it seems odd to not do so with the M3.

I'm still holding out hope that there will be some noticeable design tweaks at the unveil - else why wouldn't Elon have these RCs camouflaged in zebra like most automakers? For a guy who has gone out of his way to surprise folks, it seems odd to not do so with the M3.
Possibly true, but again Elon/Tesla's top priority on Model 3 seems to be "no surprises", they want everything in the Model 3 to be tried and true from MS/X. The main new and ground breaking things related to the M3 seem to be the 2170 battery, and the "alien dreadnought" manufacturing, both of which could be significant in terms of lower pricing for consumers, but both are "behind the scene", and not good for show and tell.

That could be true; the panel gaps on these RCs may due to hand-assembly. Someone working on the factory line said that these are all hand-assembled.

Another red one spotted. Credit to Mad Radhu Gumbeer on Twitter.

DAr1AsjXUAAxWfn.jpg

DAr1Bx4XYAArWU5.jpg

DAr0_NqXoAAgo5b.jpg

I think it's just the opposite. He wants people to know that what you see now with the RCs is what you'll be getting. He needs to convince everyone that the Model 3 is ready for prime time and that it is still on schedule, despite the relentless predictions that it will be late or slower to ramp up than forecasted. He does this by sending out multiple RC cars in various colors (so it's obvious there are multiple cars) naked into the wild (so it's obvious they're not just heavily camouflaged mules) to be photographed by the paparazzi, posted on the Internet, picked apart and slobbered over by the Teslarati.

Reactions: aronth5
That could be true; the panel gaps on these RCs may due to hand-assembly. Someone working on the factory line said that these are all hand-assembled.

To go along with that.. TrevP said this today:

Which reminds me, one of my sources told me that just about every eastbound from Fremont covered car carrier like this have at least one Model 3 in it. They're being transported to Ohio to the TRC proving grounds for testing, validation and some crash tests.

One more tidbit: the Model 3 production line is pretty much done and ready in Fremont. Looks like our July 1 date might just happen after all for customer cars. Release candidates are all hand assembled but moving to the real production line pretty much right now. Tesla is indeed on time for Model 3, there are no delays!

source : OFFICIAL Model 3 BETA Watch Thread