Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Reservation Numbers Appearing in My Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reserved last night just after the start of the press conference. I have a pending charge, but no email. When I log into my previously created MyTesla, I get the Model S that I created and saved when I did my test drive a few weeks back - but nothing regarding the Model 3.

Guess it's just a waiting game now :)

RN10795
Ordered in person in Sunnyvale, CA around 1:30 PM PDT. Still no email but mytesla account got updated last night with #RN107356***.
The Model 3 I ordered at a store yesterday appeared on MyTesla in moments. The other one I ordered to deliver in Brazil has not yet appeared, nor has my CC been debited. I'm guessing the international transaction takes longer fir some reason and may also not match in MyTesla because of different billing addresses. Email, name and phone are all the same, so they should match...

Someone who ordered before me and also a current Model S owner received a higher number. Conclusion: Numbers are meaningless. At this point all it confirms is that you have a reservation

Exactly, RN108447XXX here, but ordered online at the event start. Current Model S customer so would expect that even if a higher number, would jump in front of lower non-customer deliveries, by region.

I used a different email address for my online order than I did for my store order. When I log in using the in store email, I get my RN, when I log in using the online order email, I get redirected. Maybe it just hasn't assigned RN for all of the online orders yet? Both charges are pending on my credit card.

Reservation numbers are meaningless. They always have been. They are just apparently random numbers that allow lookup in the reservation database. People are confusing them with reservation sequence numbers which have always been separate and don't start with RN. It doesn't look like they are giving out reservation sequence numbers for the Model 3, which isn't surprising.

For instance, when I reserved my Model S several years ago I had: US Model S #12,535 RN314315

My "My Tesla" page shows two entries for the same Model 3 reservation, same RN number. And no, I only ordered one. But then my "My Tesla" profile has been screwy for years – always causing "too many redirects" whenever attempting to go to the design studio. (I've made requests to have it fixed but they were unsuccessful.)

We were told that at the time the reservation was made, the owner/non-owner status is not considered. Closer to production time, the owner status will be correlated to your delivery region and that is when the previously owned Tesla status will take precedence. For the reservations they were just trying to move people through as quickly and efficiently as possible.