Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model 3 Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would not be surprised, but I remain doubtful. But if it is true, reservations over a million, i agree that they probably wouldn't disclose that till they are sure they can produce/build at an accelerated rate. The press is quick to point out the inability to meet production goals on time and they will spin it to a negative. Short sellers thrive on this info. and this would then be bad in an effort to raise additional cash,

Reactions: Red Sage
Hi Everyone, new to the group here and just made my Model 3 reservation. My confirmation page still included "New reservations have a delivery estimate of the second half of 2017". Wondering if they havent updated that with new information, or if it is still accurate for the first reservation holders.
Welcome! For Canada its still saying " Production is planned to begin in 2017". Odd your my tesla is showing something else. Wouldn't worry, they fix that up eventually.

Hi Everyone, new to the group here and just made my Model 3 reservation. My confirmation page still included "New reservations have a delivery estimate of the second half of 2017". Wondering if they havent updated that with new information, or if it is still accurate for the first reservation holders.
Are you sure it's not 2018?
The plan was ever to start production in mid 2017 and deliver the first cars in the end of 2017 for first reservations and Tesla employees.
If you just made your reservation now, like I did, don't expect to have it before late 2018, but things can still change :)
Welcome!

I also found a site that seems very helpful to track reservations and I have not seen it in a pinned post in this forum. Maybe it could be added to the first post here?
Maybe it will help in the future specially when reservations start to be converted in purchases to track the deliveries and manage expectations.
I also as some cool statistics. I would invite everyone here to register and check it out: model3tracker.info

The ModelXTracker was a great tool when people were getting invitations to to start configuring their Model X's and as orders were placed it quickly allowed us to know which options made you go to the top of the list and which options created a delay. Tesla wouldn't say anything but from we discovered from ModelXTracker if you ordered a Model X P90D with the premium and Autopilot options you went to the top of the list. On the other hand if you ordered the 5 seat version you are still waiting. This I should just an example.

This is how we found out what you ordered was much more important than when you ordered it. My Reservations number was 8153 but because I ordered a P90D with the premium and Autopilot options my car was made the first week of production. Therefore I went from being over 8000th in line to being in the first 25 to be producted just because of the options I chose.

Therefore I encourage everyone to log on to http://Model3Tracker.info and input the information about which options you plan on putting on you're Model 3.

Rogers Pressman from Evannex just came out with a new book "Getting Ready for Model 3." I highly recommend this for first time Tesla purchasers. It may help you move "up in line" based on making the right choices. It is available through the Evannex website.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Carter
Customer Deposits (From the Q3 Financials)
Sept 30th 2016 - $690,364,000
Dec 31st 2015 - $283,370,000

On a side note, they did give a really close estimate within the last month or so on the number of reservations. I might have been the only one that caught it :)

Just placed my deposit for a Model 3. I'm a current Model X owner and would love to add this to my "Green Revolution" (solar panels, Powerwall 2, and compost bins). Nothing beats driving a Tesla (large windshield, regen braking, AP). Sorry if I get mine first than most but I will report back if there's any build issues. Hopefully, I will be eligible for the federal incentive. :(

I seriously doubt it, Elon would have tweeted had they crossed 500k.
Actually from what I've read and heard, because of the high number they're trying to dissuade people from ordering the 3 since it could take upwards of 2 years to fulfill those orders. So they're pushing the Model S (obviously). It actually makes sense

Customer Deposits (From the Q3 Financials)
Sept 30th 2016 - $690,364,000
Dec 31st 2015 - $283,370,000

On a side note, they did give a really close estimate within the last month or so on the number of reservations. I might have been the only one that caught it :)
So what do you think these numbers indicate regarding Model 3 reservations? How much of the $283,000 has dropped off due to elimination of the Model X backlog?

I believe there are holes or gaps in this reservation number. Numbers have to correspond to region of delivery-so gaps are needed.
I do think they are over 450k at this time, but unveil 2 will push the number much much higher when people see how cool it can be and what the car can do. Until then good auto dreams.