Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received 42.8 update this afternoon. However, my menu that says track mode is grayed out and not selectable at this point. Maybe I am not meeting some condition that needs to be met before I can select the track mode. I was in park and supercharging when I was looking at the menu.

My EAP is driving like drunken monkey. anyone ran into issue like this on 42.4?

It is driving all over the lines, on the dash it is showing lines correctly and showing it is going over. This is local road, marking are clear. This is worst on curved road. Yes, Auto-pilot is engaged, it is steering, but it is almost going into oncoming lane. These curves are not particularly sharp either. Many times before it drove fine on this road.

Weather is clear, cold, night time. No warning about adverse weather on the screen either. Yes, I rebooted after software update.

Note: I do not have any open Alcohol containers in the cabin.;)

I've been on 42.2. Got 42.4 last week and it failed as it did for many others (my first failure since purchasing 6 months ago). Last night, I received 42.2.1. This morning it went to 42.4. And then immediately after, another update back to 42.2.1!

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Weird, 44 is shown only going to 1 model 3 in Nevada and then it quit (that was last night). I'm hoping to see some real NoA improvements.

I got this update a week ago. I drove on highway, it was doing some pingpong with steering, but not as bad as this like running all over the lines, going into oncoming lanes and going to edge of the road on the local road. Not sure what's going on with 42.4. What bothers me more is this inconsistency.

I've been on 42.2. Got 42.4 last week and it failed as it did for many others (my first failure since purchasing 6 months ago). Last night, I received 42.2.1. This morning it went to 42.4. And then immediately after, another update back to 42.2.1!

this happened to me also - i figured it was going through interim steps to get to 42.8, but no such luck (at least so far)

Map updates really need WiFi
You are correct!

Finally got a clear and proper answer directly from the service centers.
1. Map updates ONLY download through WiFi AND has to have at least THREE bars
2. It has to be downloaded all in one time (3-5 hours) depending on internet speed >5Gb file size.
3. If you drive the car or disconnected from WiFi while it’s in progress, it will simply fail and have to start the download from scratch again next time connected to WiFi. (This is different behavior from my Model S where in the past I got map updates even with LTE, probably not very sustainable considering how many model 3s out there)

So, TL DR, if you want map update, connect car to WiFi with at least 3 bars and leave it alone for 3-5 hours.

Per my Google WiFi app, my Model 3 AWD (no Performance) had a large data downlaod yesterday, but nothing showed up. I'm on 42.4. Not sure what it downloaded.

Edit: Just adding that I do have NoA and have been using it since it downloaded to my car. I guess it could be map data, but not sure how much that typically should be.