Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many toll roads in the Houston, TX area have a toll plaza that goes across the entire tollway. Frequently, these are divided into booth lanes which are towards the right -- these can take cash, change, or a toll tag (EZ-TAG). And then to the left are EZ-TAG lanes that you don't have to stop at, but they are EZ-TAG only, no cash or change.

I've seen multiple, different, inconsistent and bizzare behaviors at these toll booths with NoA:

1. Approaching one toll plaza on NoA, the car insisted that I needed to change lanes to the right to go through the booth lanes. When I didn't and stayed in the EZ-TAG lanes, NoA reverted to standard autosteer while transiting the toll plaza. It went back into NoA mode after the toll plaza.

2. Approaching another toll plaza, NoA had no complaints at all and transited the EZ-TAG lanes on NoA. Lane changes were unavailable while transiting because physical the lane markers on the road were solid lines vice dashed. The display reflected this, with no lanes shown to each side.

3. A 3rd toll plaza greeted me with the warning message: "Navigate on Autopilot ending, unsupported maneuver." This reverted to standard autosteer while transiting the toll plaza, then went back to NoA afterwards.

Definitely needs some work here. Especially concerning is the first instance. If the car had changed lanes like it wanted and went over to the booth lanes, it would not have known to slow down or stop for the booths.

At this point in NoA's beta development, scenario #3 is probably what should happen -- it should notify the driver that a toll plaza is unsupported, and revert to standard autosteer until the toll plaza is cleared.

Reactions: davedavedave
Use the other confirmation method and just click the shift lever.

Just tap the gear stalk down once (like you would to engage TACC) and it confirms- no reason to use the turn stalk at all
I'm not sure you understand what I was saying ..
If the driver wants to initiate a lane change (one that NoA isn't suggesting) you can NOT initiate it the same way you do when just using EAP. You must hold the turn signal until the maneuver is complete. If you let go of the stalk even half way through the lane change it will abort. Furthermore I noticed a bug where even after canceling NoA the lane change behavior stayed the same .. Anyone else noticed this?

DO you know why my dash cam disappears after the car is parked? The icon works when the usb is installed, when I go back to the car, no icon. Help?
Apologies for the late reply, hopefullly you have figured out the fix already?

If not, most likely the usb drive got corrupted, you will have to reformat the entire drive. This is happening a lot on 42.2, they fixed this disk corruption bug on newer version.

I'm not sure you understand what I was saying ..
If the driver wants to initiate a lane change (one that NoA isn't suggesting) you can NOT initiate it the same way you do when just using EAP. You must hold the turn signal until the maneuver is complete. If you let go of the stalk even half way through the lane change it will abort. Furthermore I noticed a bug where even after canceling NoA the lane change behavior stayed the same .. Anyone else noticed this?

The way I do it with EAP is a full press of the turn signal.

This appears to still work fine.

Yep! Just got 2018.42.8 d1a49f2 this afternoon. It was ~450 MB and updated over WiFi.

f08BGSi.jpg

m0cx2pE.jpg

44swPvqg.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf