Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2018.42.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mad max feels like standard autopilot lane change to me.
It is a standard lane change. Mad Max refers to how often your car will want to lane change when there is a slower car in front of you. Mad Max makes it more sensitive to a slower car, and will change lanes more frequently for a slower car. The way the car lane changes is the same regardless of the setting.

Reactions: mtndrew1
Upgraded from 39.7 to 42.3 this morning at 6:00 am. NOA activated during my morning commute.

My commute this morning was 8 minutes faster than normal - I love this new update (or could just be lighter Friday traffic).

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: outdoors
I got 42.3 yesterday as well. I was able to enable NOA from the settings screen straightaway although I didn't use it yet. Couple things I noticed in a short drive in local roads -
  • the display is much more accurate and detailed - it now shows vehicles much more accurately and with less delay
  • the release notes didn't have any mention of regen-braking other than NOA and key fob.

I got 42.3 yesterday as well. I was able to enable NOA from the settings screen straightaway although I didn't use it yet. Couple things I noticed in a short drive in local roads -
  • the display is much more accurate and detailed - it now shows vehicles much more accurately and with less delay
  • the release notes didn't have any mention of regen-braking other than NOA and key fob.
Regen braking is only for the RWD M3, the dual motors already were "good"

• Informative
Reactions: njsrikar
i have been using mad max during rush hour, turning into exit biggest challenge, it will turn off if no one lets her turn but i reactivate it till someone lets her turn lol, just helping her out a bit (Her= Blanka Model 3 LR) lol

Just went from 39.7 to 42.3.
Haven't driven it yet.

Glad to see reports of the dashcam/usb being fixed. Sounds like the browser is still iffy.
I mostly use it for waze and weather.
I've found that most times it flakes out is when I first get in the car, especially when leaving wifi signal and transitioning to cellular. If I know I'm going to need the browser, I soft reboot before leaving, and it stays working the whole trip.

Anyone else trying to see stats on Teslafi.com/firmware and having the page take minutes to load (if at all)????

Yep, TeslaFi's website has been pretty spotty lately. My guess is that it's due to the rapid influx of new users they've had recently. There's just shy of 1000 Model 3's on there now. Probably need to add additional server capacity to keep up.

Anyway, according to TeslaFi it looks like nearly 78% of the Model 3's there are now on 2018.42.x.

Hmm, I might've spoken too soon about the dash cam - it stopped working when flash drive got full..
Disclaimer: it is a small, old 1GB usb.
However, it seems to record a good 1/2 hour of videos perfectly fine until it fills up. I'll certainly get a larger drive soon, but don't feel the need unless the feature is definitely fixed.