Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropped my 3 off today to get my due bill items done. 3-4 weeks to complete but at least I got a P85+ as a loaner.

2 hrs ago I got an app notification that a software update was available, and promptly installed (remotely 10 mi away which is pretty cool). Seems there might be some truth to piggy-backing on the SC wifi to force an update (they haven't touched it yet, confirmed by car location on the map; it hasn't budged since 10am).

Anyway it's now on 42.2 but I'm guessing there will be at least 1-2 more updates before I'm driving it again.
Only when your VIN is marked for being in service

I just got a update from TeslaFi that new software version (2018.42.3 eb373a0) is detected on a Model 3 in Illinois.
Anyone know what is included in this update? Is this the version that will enable Auto Park?

Last edited:
I just got a update from TeslaFi that new software version (2018.42.3 eb373a0) is detected on a Model 3 in Illinois.
Anyone know what is included in this update? Is this the version that will enable Auto Park?

just got this update today as well...
45259825_571226199964180_3187086688224542720_n.jpg

didn't see any noticeable difference from the current auto park software

I just went 39.7->42.3

No Drive on Nav. (and car has been on Wifi at least 12 hours every night this week)

How do you check map version? (and what version do I need?)
I have no clue how to check the map or if Tesla only enable NoA on select cars. Mine is early build from January.

42.3 apparently just has key fob support as stated in release notes.
I'm on 42.2 and i have the key fob support on the release notes and regenerative breaking.

Reactions: Sw0rdf1sh