Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received 42.2 as well. Hadn't seen this posted before:

bJH7csz.jpg

Quick question about sharing directions from your phone — is there a way to share the phone’s specific route, too? I tried sending Google Maps’ “avoid highways” route to my Tesla, but the on-screen route used highways. Did I mess something up, or is that just how it is? Thank you!

Quick question about sharing directions from your phone — is there a way to share the phone’s specific route, too? I tried sending Google Maps’ “avoid highways” route to my Tesla, but the on-screen route used highways. Did I mess something up, or is that just how it is? Thank you!

No it just shares an address with the car. Eventually the Tesla nav will have waypoints, at least it showed up in a leaked developer build awhile back.

New to TMC. I received my Model 3 on June 6th and was sideswiped on June 9th.:mad: Due to parts issue, I only received her back last week ( 4 months )! Car was disabled in body shop and did perform one update when I received her back. I received a message in my inbox regarding V9.0, but have yet to receive it. Currently sitting at 2018.36.2. I have had the car for a week now and always connected, but I have not received the update everyone is talking about. Is it possible I have fallen too far behind due to being disabled for a couple months? Any hep would be appreciated. Really happy to have her back!!!:)

New to TMC. I received my Model 3 on June 6th and was sideswiped on June 9th.:mad: Due to parts issue, I only received her back last week ( 4 months )! Car was disabled in body shop and did perform one update when I received her back. I received a message in my inbox regarding V9.0, but have yet to receive it. Currently sitting at 2018.36.2. I have had the car for a week now and always connected, but I have not received the update everyone is talking about. Is it possible I have fallen too far behind due to being disabled for a couple months? Any hep would be appreciated. Really happy to have her back!!!:)

Sorry to hear about your car, glad you finally got it back (the 4 months is an issue for another thread). While not many, there are still cars on 36.2 - you have not fallen too far behind. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason how Tesla does their updates, but likely you will be updated to 42.x when your number comes up.

Sorry to hear about your car, glad you finally got it back (the 4 months is an issue for another thread). While not many, there are still cars on 36.2 - you have not fallen too far behind. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason how Tesla does their updates, but likely you will be updated to 42.x when your number comes up.

Thx for input. But after 4 months, I guess I can wait a little longer.;)

Still sitting on v36.2. I talked to the SC and they said there's nothing stopping the update for my car, just waiting it out. Cmon V9!

Get to WiFi..... I was told the same and with in 15 minutes of connecting after I spoke to service, it came through.... Now waiting for 42.... I always seems a bummer when they announce it going wide only to see the Model 3 last in line with a few exceptions....

I see 42 rolling out heavy currently, but 99% of the roll out seems to be S and X's...

Get to WiFi..... I was told the same and with in 15 minutes of connecting after I spoke to service, it came through.... Now waiting for 42.... I always seems a bummer when they announce it going wide only to see the Model 3 last in line with a few exceptions....

I see 42 rolling out heavy currently, but 99% of the roll out seems to be S and X's...
I've been on WiFi every single night. Very strong signal too

I have strong signal but can’t get my car to connect at all. It rejects two connections ( one without a password) and also 2 iPhone hotspots.

Can anyone offer advice. I got an email about the update from 36.2 but no luck. I even moved my router into the garage.
This sounds like a call to the SC, could be plenty of bad things. Have you tried connecting to a friend's wifi?

Dropped my 3 off today to get my due bill items done. 3-4 weeks to complete but at least I got a P85+ as a loaner.

2 hrs ago I got an app notification that a software update was available, and promptly installed (remotely 10 mi away which is pretty cool). Seems there might be some truth to piggy-backing on the SC wifi to force an update (they haven't touched it yet, confirmed by car location on the map; it hasn't budged since 10am).

Anyway it's now on 42.2 but I'm guessing there will be at least 1-2 more updates before I'm driving it again.

Reactions: chibi_kurochan