Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding to the multiple software problems my 2 week old Model 3 has been having, the 14.13 update broke my GPS positioning. No matter where I go, the car thinks I'm at home. A side effect of this is because home is on a local road, EAP doesn't let me use Autosteer over 45 MPH.

My LTE connection is good and I already tried resetting. Happened to have an appointment already scheduled at my local service center for other issues and they now have the car for who knows how long to fix everything.

• Helpful
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Adding to the multiple software problems my 2 week old Model 3 has been having, the 14.13 update broke my GPS positioning. No matter where I go, the car thinks I'm at home. A side effect of this is because home is on a local road, EAP doesn't let me use Autosteer over 45 MPH.

My LTE connection is good and I already tried resetting. Happened to have an appointment already scheduled at my local service center for other issues and they now have the car for who knows how long to fix everything.
Exact same problem! Except occurred after the 12.1 update, not the 14.13 update. Service center had to remotely connect to fix.

• Disagree
Reactions: mk6tes
Good to hear that it was fixable remotely. Where there any further problems with it afterward? After my horrible service center experience today, I'd hate to have to take it back for something purely software-related.
It’s still working currently; looking like somehow the software update wedged the GPS functionality until some other lower level resets are sent by the mothership.
See the other thread I created- others are seeing this issue after software updates as well:
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/gps-stopped-working-steering-wheel-resets-no-help.113382/

I would like to be able to be. For instance, the 1-mile stretch leading into and out of my neighborhood is 30 MPH. For some reason, GPS data has it at 45. If I decide to engage TACC I'd like to be able to use the scroll wheel to move it down from 45 to 30 before engaging. Otherwise, I engage and try to move it down as fast as possible while it is accelerating up from 30 to 45. It's jarring for my family.

I don't have mine yet (waiting for VIN) so I don't know... but isn't there a way to submit map updates/corrections like there is on Google Maps? I know there will still be a delay in solving your problem but that's ultimately what needs to happen

This definitely needs to be done. GPS data has incorrect speed limits on almost all local roads near my house. Did not have this problem with AP1 and I'm hoping they'll go back to it, or update GPS data. Waze, for example, has all the correct speed limits.
Root issue is a Tesla moved to TomTom speed limit database which is notoriously inaccurate and out of date.

AP2/2.5/+ is meant to have speed limit recognition via camera at some point

In the meantime, I encourage using speech recognition saying something similar to:
“Note. Speed limit is xxx miles/kilometers per hour”
At some point I would expect all these notations to be enough of a pita that someone will prioritize speed limit recognition ;)

Root issue is a Tesla moved to TomTom speed limit database which is notoriously inaccurate and out of date.

AP2/2.5/+ is meant to have speed limit recognition via camera at some point

In the meantime, I encourage using speech recognition saying something similar to:
“Note. Speed limit is xxx miles/kilometers per hour”
At some point I would expect all these notations to be enough of a pita that someone will prioritize speed limit recognition ;)

Agreed! I've been submitting bug reports almost daily about the speed limit issue hoping someone will get sick of it and bring back camera recognition.

I was out of town for two weeks, so never got v. 12. When I got home the car said it was ready for an update, and I got v. 14.13. I love it. TACC speed and EAP follow distance on the right-hand wheel work perfectly. Not only that, but it seems to me that it slowed down more smoothly when approaching cars stopped at a light.

NAV seems to work fine. (Reports above of it not working, but I don't seem to be having that issue.) When I first put it into Reverse in my garage, I got the black screen with guide lines, as reported above, but I pressed the X to exit the screen, and then pressed the button for the rear-view camera, and it came on. That actually happened once before on an earlier version.

The Roadster is fun to drive, but the Model 3 is a joy to drive. Instead of the thrill of the sports car, it feels comfortable. I'm very happy I got this car and made the switch. At almost 70 years old, I'm ready for a comfortable car, and this is it. And the latest firmware update leaves me with very little to complain about. (Having no easy way to open the frunk remains my complaint.)

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
After the latest update, my lane change no longer works on the few roads it did before. As I drive on the 3 lane road, when engaging autopilot you can see the lanes to the left and to the right. As soon as I put the blinker on, the adjacent lanes disappear, and the car keeps to original lane.

After the latest update, my lane change no longer works on the few roads it did before. As I drive on the 3 lane road, when engaging autopilot you can see the lanes to the left and to the right. As soon as I put the blinker on, the adjacent lanes disappear, and the car keeps to original lane.

Before this update I was on v. 10, and lane-change worked on the freeway, but not on city streets. Autosteer worked on the city streets, but lane change did not. Have not tried lane change on v. 14 yet.